can watch priscilla davids hit pads all day

Are you suppose to spin with the kick if you miss ? One of my coaches really emphasized to me to always face your opponent and never show your back

Are you suppose to spin with the kick if you miss ? One of my coaches really emphasized to me to always face your opponent and never show your back
Yes but got to be quick. More spin, the more force. If you can do it, change direction mid kick.

my buddy Jackie is my favorite female fighter to watch on the pads...so smooth

Lol someone noticed this and sent it to her. Or she seen it herself, so used it to banter with her lol

popejoy has been labeled on facebook one of the best muay thai coaches in the US.

in my opinion, he is undoubtedly one of the best muay thai coaches in the game...his students speak for themselves. each have their own style...but the fundamentals are all there. he was also my first muay thai coach as well.

in my opinion, he is undoubtedly one of the best muay thai coaches in the game...his students speak for themselves. each have their own style...but the fundamentals are all there. he was also my first muay thai coach as well.

i have never trained wit him but have spoken with him a handfull of times about visiting his gym to train. I notice all his students (not just the fighters) either having correct technique, or attempting correct technique. i think the difference between popejoy is he is willing to put the extra time and effort into his fighters/students to make them improve, you can find videos on social media of him daily holding pads etc.

Last edited:
i have never trained wit him but have spoken with him a handfull of times about visiting his gym to train. I notice all his students (not just the fighters) either having correct technique, or attempting correct technique. i think the difference between popejoy is he is willing to put the extra time and effort into his fighters/students to make them improve, you can find videos on social media of him daily holding pads etc. you can find the same for other gyms as well but theres a difference between recording regular training vs "hey lets take a video of me training ppl for instagram like its a normal thing even though its not"

exactly...he drills the fundamentals so each person has a good base to build off on their own potential. when i first started training, i never felt like he was inaccessible or anything. he may not teach every single class there, but he's definitely a hands on owner and trainer.

Damn USADA has done a number on Lombard.

Some flashy stuff on the pads but she doesn t look good fighting.

Like really bad.

No. Not in my opinion. Some encourage spinning on a missed kick but I prefer my guy to be able to retract the kick from mid air. Balance is more important to me personally.

How was this moved from the standup subforum to the MT / KB subforum?

I swear this is becoming the dump of the other subforums. They think this is the wasteland. @Snubnoze707

How was this moved from the standup subforum to the MT / KB subforum?

I swear this is becoming the dump of the other subforums. They think this is the wasteland. @Snubnoze707
I think this was an old thread originally created here, unfortunately.

Back