Can we all agree that Michaelv Paige is a better version of Adesanya?

Yeah what is the fucking deal with that. His amazing on what we have seen so far but its been years now and he hasn't faced top competition. Wtf?!

bellator is really good at finding cans to fight.

i still think the mvp vs daley fight wont happen

Why do people constantly make this comparison they fight nothing alike

As an MVP fan, I'll have to strongly disagree with this one.

Adesanya is more proven against better competition. Adesanya has proven he can deal with pressure fighters, whereas Paige in the past has struggled in those areas (as with most fighters with a Point Karate background).

Plus, Page has the same weakness that Anderson always had, which is that he doesn't generate very many pure offensive attacks. Instead, he relies on his opponents reactions and missteps to apply his offense, or uses that to counter. But when presented with a solid defensive fighter that doesn't give him any openings, he has a hard time. Watch the Fernando Gonzales fight, you'll see what I'm talking about. Adesanya is able to set up his attacks brilliantly from an offensive standpoint, and force his opponents to create openings which he can later exploit, along with being an incredible defensive striker as well.

The only edge I'd give MVP is his distance control and speed (ever so slightly). Besides that, I'd say Adesanya's a better overall striker and fighter than MVP.

That being said, I'd love to see this match up. I really enjoy MVP's flash and his moxy that he combines with his Karate style. It can be very frustrating for opponents as well as being entertaining to see. While I would like to see him eventually make his way to the UFC, there's enough good competition in BellatorFCs WW division to see where he stands for now.
Spot on analysis. Good stuff.

bellator is really good at finding cans to fight.

i still think the mvp vs daley fight wont happen

Even if he wins that ultra custom made matchup, no way he will show up against someone like friggin Ed Ruth or Rory.

MVP doesn't have the kickboxing pedigree in a ring. He does long pants kickboxing which is pretty much semicontact or held in a high school gym. I don't think he is even better than Raymond Daniels or Wonderboy in this sport. Raymond Daniels tried to transition to mma and kickboxing but has a difficult time.
Israel might not be the top of his class in kickboxing but he has so much more experience in that field.

I think we will know the answer to this within a year. If Page wins the WW tournament then he is an absolute beast. I doubt that happens though. (I still expect him to beat Paul Daley then chicken out of fighting Lima in the semi's).

Michael Venom Page would beat Israel Adesanya to an absolute pulp and make it look easy.

I love MVP but I think journeyman Paul Daley catches his chin bad.

It's such a shame bellator doesn't let Venom Paige fight in the UFC. The dude makes prime anderson look like nothing special.

Michael Page isnt even a better version of Michael Page

Hes an overrated can crushed, and thats coming from a Brit

It's such a shame bellator doesn't let Venom Paige fight in the UFC. The dude makes prime anderson look like nothing special.
Maximum_trolling64.gif

Im the biggest Silva fan in this forum as proved several times by Silva Haters like @20falarVerdades and @BC . Its not that Silva fought the best competition in the world but many of them were the best the middleweight division could offer unlike MVP who fights the worst lower weight classes have to offer.
Anderson Silva is the gold standard in MMA, everybody wants to be like the GOAT
<{silvanormal}>

Even if he wins that ultra custom made matchup, no way he will show up against someone like friggin Ed Ruth or Rory.

that why im shocked people are saying he be a ufc champion when bellator has protected him so much.

that flying knee vs cyborg was the worse thing for him and his ego.

MVP would beat Adesanya, but would struggle against the wrestlers more than Adesanya would.

Israel appears more proven at this point and his TDD vs Brunson and Tavares was a real feather in his cap.

He's only really lacking power but hasn't proved an issue for him so far.

Back