Can We Finally Say SBG Fight Team is Medicore at Best?

Without a Conor, no one here would know what it is. They have not produced any elite level talent apart from him, and some of their fighters are downright terrible. However, you can say this for the vast majority of gyms around the world.

Had anyone stated otherwise?

giphy.gif

Charlie Ward can't defend a basic throw or land properly and gets KTFO

654922672.jpg

Arnold Allen exposes Makwan's limited striking

tumblr_ot7ebh4DxC1rofocqo3_500.gif

Poor Gunnar gets Ponzi Schemed

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

And the best for last. Where were you Kav? Where were you Owen Roddy? Why is a BJJ coach the head coach for a boxing match?

Poor Artem was a punching bag for Andre Fili, Danny Castillo outcoached the entire SBG corner.
Absolute joke of a gym. Two talented fighters in the whole gym, and they would have been talented no matter where they went. Imagine if Conor went to AKA, he'd actually know how to grapple.

You can play the same game with every gym/trainer in the world.
The guys that make it in every gym are just a small amount, what's impressive is that before Kavanagh there was no irish mma, zero, nada, the guy was a pioneer and one of his first generation of students become double champ.

But this is one of the usual Conor blind hate threads, so not surprised.

You can play the same game with every gym/trainer in the world.
The guys that make it in every gym are just a small amount, what's impressive is that before Kavanagh there was no irish mma, zero, nada, the guy was a pioneer and one of his first generation of students become double champ.

But this is one of the usual Conor blind hate threads, so not surprised.

The question wasn't if Irish Edmond opened the first mma gym in Ireland, its whether he and his coaching staff can procure and develop talent. The answer would be no. Most of the SBG guys who got into the UFC was purely because of Conrad's influence and the UFC wanting to claim market share for the Irish audience.

Kavanagh and his coaching staff are mediocre at best

The question wasn't if Irish Edmond opened the first mma gym in Ireland, its whether he and his coaching staff can procure and develop talent. The answer would be no. Most of the SBG guys who got into the UFC was purely because of Conrad's influence and the UFC wanting to claim market share for the Irish audience.

Kavanagh and his coaching staff are mediocre at best
Try to do the same with the other coaches and gyms then, look at their records.

Absolute joke of a gym. Two talented fighters in the whole gym, and they would have been talented no matter where they went. Imagine if Conor went to AKA, he'd actually know how to grapple.

I use to wish gunnar would train at aka. imagine him rolling with khabib and improving his wrestling to go along with his great BJJ.

Tee hee.

Rough translation; I only know of 2 fighters who have beaten some high level fighters in the UFC.

What did you think of PQ's win in Kazakhstan? Or the Irish teams performance in the World and the European Championships in the IMMAF's?

Google away.

Tee hee.

Rough translation; I only know of 2 fighters who have beaten some high level fighters in the UFC.

What did you think of PQ's win in Kazakhstan? Or the Irish teams performance in the World and the European Championships in the IMMAF's?

Google away.
I enjoyed Charlie Ward's UFC run. I also enjoyed Makwan Amirkhani's hype-train slowly come to a halt.

I thought Dawodu's 39 second performance in London was amazing also, I loved how he walked into the middle of the cage, got punched in the face and choked unconscious, all within 39 seconds :)

On the same card I enjoyed seeing John Phillips continue to convey the strength of that gym's ground work. It's rare these days that you see two fights share an Octagon and one of them to have absolutely no idea how to defend simple guard passes and submission attempts, but John made it his mission.

A gym made famous by Conor McGregor and Conor McGregor only, head coached by "Ireland's first BJJ Black Belt" is spearheaded by an athlete with middle of the road BJJ. It also appears that the main weakness of the gym and it's prospects is always BJJ.

So yeah, fraudulent gym.

Awful team and camp. Very low-level. I saw that attention seeker Kavanagh saying they are one of the best and greatest MMA teams ever. LMAO. I was actually looking at their fighter roster a few weeks ago and they have about 220 fighters, and 98% of them are total cans, most of them just fight of small MMA shows and a lot of them are 0-1 or have very poor records. And the only known ones are all garbage too. Conor is the best one by far obviously, but even he is nowhere near as good as people think, hasn't even got 1 title defense. Lobov is a can, has a losing reecord and fought basically all cans HAHA, wouldn't even beat CM Punk, its a 50/50 fight, could go either way
I get that you're not being serious, but come on, that's disrespectful to Artem. Guy stopped that 'bitches' japanese guy's hype train, so he deserves some love.

Would absolutely annihilate Punk if it came to it.

Fighters are not camps, I know you hate Conor so much that you had to make this thread, but while his camp might not be all champions he is still great. Imagine if we used this kind of logic to talk about TAM, Jackson Wink, AKA etc. Fighting isn't a team sport

It’s actually quite impressive how successful they are considering how young the gym is. And how little known MMA was in Ireland before Connor.
People don’t seem to realise how good a fighter you have to be to even get in the UFC. (Unless you’re already famous)
Me and a few others are literally building a gym right now and if we got one person in the UFC we’d consider it a success. Only a small % of gyms can say this.
Yep they have a slew of mid level titles

SBG is "The Pit" of Ireland. Set up to produce one superstar and a small army of cans.

I enjoyed Charlie Ward's UFC run. I also enjoyed Makwan Amirkhani's hype-train slowly come to a halt.

I thought Dawodu's 39 second performance in London was amazing also, I loved how he walked into the middle of the cage, got punched in the face and choked unconscious, all within 39 seconds :)

On the same card I enjoyed seeing John Phillips continue to convey the strength of that gym's ground work. It's rare these days that you see two fights share an Octagon and one of them to have absolutely no idea how to defend simple guard passes and submission attempts, but John made it his mission.

Ah, don't be avoiding the questions.

A gym made famous by Conor McGregor and Conor McGregor only, head coached by "Ireland's first BJJ Black Belt" is spearheaded by an athlete with middle of the road BJJ. It also appears that the main weakness of the gym and it's prospects is always BJJ.

So yeah, fraudulent gym.

Mmmm, it's not really. Was this thread bumped because of Gallagher's loss? In terms of the MMA fighters, who fight on televised cards, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. They have some lads who solely compete in BJJ tournaments in Europe who medal well. Maybe you think that because of some of the fights you listed off there. You also said Conor can't grapple - watch his fights with Dave Hill, Holloway, Brandao and Mendes.

The fascination with Kavanagh or any fighter closely related to SBG is odd and probably due to the fact that Conor or someone else beat one of their favourite fighters.

Back