Can we give Raging Al some credit?

I never forget when he "won" against Rivera... Pure robbery and when the public booed him, he acted like a little kid Cormier-like. But I admit he did a very good job against Lee and survived Khabib - what is proven a very difficult thing to do. Well done.

[edit] Remembered the wrong name, wasn't Rivera, it was MASVIDAL.

Last edited:
That real estate guy would sell McGregor a house by force, no coke needed.

He looked the best he ever has in the Lee fight, I was impressed.

I thought Al was a bad matchup for Lee, however I did think Lee would finish him by RNC this time within a few rounds, figured his grappling had come far enough to do so, and Al is a small LW that looks like he could make 145.

I thought he would be a little more dangerous than Lee standing, but I never expected THAT big of a gap, he made Lee look like a helpless jackass on the feet.

Styles make fights though, and his tougher matchups will be longer technical strikers that have decent TDD like Conor or Max if he moves up.

Hella-Fucking-mad-respect to Al!!

Al is old school in my eyes. Nothing he does is too tremendous in any aspect, But he makes it work. Sound fundamentals and a great work ethic will take you a long way.

I never forget when he "won" against Rivera... Pure robbery and when the public booed him, he acted like a little kid Cormier-like. But I admit he did a very good job against Lee and survived Khabib - what is proven a very difficult thing to do. Well done.
Masvidal?

AI, the MLS hybrid
Haha, love to see him rise up

Fans are falling into a trap of underrating the guy who loses rather than propping up the guy who wins

Can we just talk about how good Al Iaquinta looked?
Dude is a fighters fighter
He’s good everywhere, underrated on the ground, not great power but good boxing and has no quit

But the biggest thing that impressed me is his composure, dude never looks out of it. Kevin Lee might be a front runner, but he’s folded some good fighters before, he’s broken some dudes. Al took his best, and patiently bided his time and beat that ass

hespect to Al Iaquinta
My fiancee and I were super impressed with him.

- Great boxing
- Great grappling defense
- Good TDD (Lee is strong as hell with his wrestling)
- Amazing composure on the feet and on the ground
- Good chin
- Great cardio
- Got better as the fight went on

Lee is good too but has holes to work on for sure. To give Lee credit:
- Super strong
- Great explosive wrestling
- Great grappling (though his body triangle leaves him more tired than his opponents)
- Good, powerful kicks
- Ferocious GnP (like in the Barboza fight)

Thought I'd compliment both fighters for such a good fight :p

I was actually shocked at what I saw from Iaquinta.

Not because I was under rating him, I actually said he was a bad match up for Kevin Lee. I've always liked Al. I thought he was under-rated and super tough, but that was a whole different level of fighting I hadn't seen from him before.

Dillashaw-like movement. Throwing a larger variety of attacks. Well timed counters. Really good fight IQ all around. To me that fight showed the true potential of Raging Al. I was legitimately surprised at the evolution of his game.

Man I done been a fan of Raging Al.

I picked him to smash Lee.

Which is exactly what he did!

I was actually shocked at what I saw from Iaquinta.

Not because I was under rating him, I actually said he was a bad match up for Kevin Lee. I've always liked Al. I thought he was under-rated and super tough, but that was a whole different level of fighting I hadn't seen from him before.

Dillashaw-like movement. Throwing a larger variety of attacks. Well timed counters. Really good fight IQ all around. To me that fight showed the true potential of Raging Al. I was legitimately surprised at the evolution of his game.
He’s been around this game a long time for someone his age.

He was due for his “turning the corner” performance where he figured out how to effectively fight and chain offense and defensive in different areas together. Lee is still trying to figure out how to make the gaps between grappling and striking disappear. We really only saw it defensively, but Al has figured it out. The moment he landed that spinning elbow off of the failed single leg I was like “oh there it is”.

Gotta be a demoralizing loss for lee. He had al right where he wanted him 2 times yet he still got his face smashed

He won a close decision in a somewhat exciting fight.

Remembered the wrong name, sorry ppl.

I've always been a huge fan, glad he finally got a good payday after Dana fucked him over for so long.

it's true, Lee is a flawed fighter but he's still world class, that was an amazing performance from the raging one.

I'm all in on the Raging Bandwagon since he put to sleep Andy Ogle.

Back