Can we stop hating on Fedor for fighting "smaller" fighters?

That doesnt make sense Shields and Dan they were the same weight in the cage when Dan lost to Shields.

But okay,; lets say Shields was actually a WW when he beat Dan.

It really doesn't matter, Dan was 206lbs when he beat the HW Fedor

No one knows what weight Jake and Dan were in the cage. Jake has spent the vast majority of his career as a WW. Just want to make sure there's no hypocrisy when talking about a fighter's "weight-class".

What? What smaller fighters has he fought? chael and Hendo?

He has really only few a very few smaller fighters.

The one that comes to mind for me of course is Matt Lindland.

No one knows what weight Jake and Dan were in the cage. Jake has spent the vast majority of his career as a WW. Just want to make sure there's no hypocrisy when talking about a fighter's "weight-class".
Well we know he was 185 llbs at weigh ins and a human can only re hydrate a finite amount of water weight within a window of time.

Whatever the margin of water weight he restored, it wasnt a weight class removed from dan

Which still doesnt matter, Dan was 206lbs when he knocked the HW Fedor out

Well we know he was 185 llbs at weigh ins and a human can only re hydrate a finite amount of water weight within a window of time.

Whatever the margin of water weight he restored, it wasnt a weight class removed from dan

Which still doesnt matter, Dan was 206lbs when he knocked the HW Fedor out

Ok then Dan is a HW not a MW. Can't have it both ways.

Dan wasnt 218lbs when he knocked out Fedor he was 206lbs.

Fighters stepping into the cage at 206lbs are MWs

He was also a MW in his previous fight when Shields beat him
"Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson" weigh-in results: Fedor (223), Hendo (207)

Ok, differnece was only 16 poubds with Fedor havinbg a belly,
so no difference in lean weight.
Plus Hendo cheated on TRT.

Still Fedor managed to knock down Hendo in the beggining of a round.
If Fedor was on TRT, he would send cheater Hendo straight to the hospital.

There is no need for a thread for only one hater in the forum posting nonsense about "Fedor fighting smaller guys"

LOL. Pretty much this.

Who hates Fedor for fighting smaller guys?
It's quite often the opposite. Guys trying to say Fedor is GOAT because he fought guys bigger than him.

Dan wasnt 218lbs when he knocked out Fedor he was 206lbs.

Fighters stepping into the cage at 206lbs are MWs

He was also a MW in his previous fight when Shields beat him

If he was 206 lbs then he was a HW. A HW is someone who weighs over 205 lbs.

Unless you mean he's not a "natural HW"... in which case you would be right because he was loaded up on TRT. Nothing natural about that at all.

Dan was 206lbs when he knocked the HW Fedor out.
Take from that what you will

I don't take anything from that because that's not what I was responding to. Your claim was Jake and Dan are both MW's.

Yep a fellow MW beat Henderson before Dan beat the HW Fedor

Which is incorrect. Glad you finally agree Jake is a WW if Dan is a MW though.

.....I mean....you might be right there.....I have no clue lmao.

The point is Fedor was always the smaller fighter. That’s why people love him.

Anyone knocking him for fighting smaller guys doesn’t know shit.
yeah... Hespect.

Fedor was a lil less undersized in Rings though... Lil bit bigger than Chris Haseman IIRC...

Dan was 206lbs when he knocked the HW Fedor out.

You were wrong.

giphy.gif

Fedor was always a small HW, even in his prime. And that's why he's a legend

fedor is a chubby 205er who fought hw his whole career

It's funny because people are hating on Bellator's HW Grand Prix as being full of guys that are LHW or MW. Meanwhile, Fedor had just 9lbs on Chael who is a Middlweight and Bader is even bigger than Fedor.

All of these guys in the 220-235lb range would have been Heavyweights in the PRIDE or early UFC days. Weight cutting culture is what made them suck themselves down to LHW and MW for advantage. Fedor isn't fighting MW or LHWs, he's fighting guys his own size.

fedor is a chubby 205er who fought hw his whole career
and the GOAT. Also god damn it's rare I see accounts that much older than mine. 14 year acct is nuts dude!

Chael says he hits harder than anything he's seen before, yet these keyboard warriors who dissent over his wins and losses. Go take a punch from this legend (and don't let that word fool you, obviously he can still punch) then let's talk about his ups and downs.

Back