Can we stop with Dj p4p talks

Kowboy Karl

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a fighter look so average

All he had to offer was leg kicks and a grandby.

It’s time to admit he fought as reigned in an extremely shallow division that allowed him to thrive for as long as he did.

His bout with cejudo was like watching Ufc 20 when the big question was can a guy get a takedown and steal the Round.

Cheers to cejudo

Long may he reign

So...

DJ isn’t that good

Good job to Cejudo for beating a fighter that isn’t that good

Hope Cejudo has a long reign because he beat a fighter that isn’t that good

...makes sense?

P4P king but not even the best fighter in his own division. <Lmaoo>

Truth is, the p4p #1 is Jon Jones. He's undefeated, has plenty of finishes and is big enough to hang in there with any man alive. Jon Jones is the GOAT

Nobody at that weight class can be GOAT. Statistically speaking, barely any healthy men are MM's size. I mean, I don't even know a single full-grown healthy man that is that short (5'3"). The point is that the talent pool is extremely shallow. Extremely. I looked it up once, and I want to say it was something like .3% of men in America are that short, and a significant portion of them are only that short due to a medical condition. We are truly talking about freakshow fights.

p4p - where, 125ers can magically keep their speed and movement if they were 245lbs, but anthony johnsons KO power wouldn't keep if he were a 125er

If you ever thought MM was p4p best you're a damn tool.

OP Mighty Mouse went 5 Rounds against your boy with a broken leg and busted MRI... and still managed to only lose by Split ! Yeah... celebrate now playa... cuz you won't when it's time for the Rubber Match Homie!!

Overall goat is jones.
GSP is clean goat.
Anderson is 3.
Aldo is 4.
DJ is 5.
Fedor is 6.

Lol man MM haters are desperate for any excuse to pretend he isn't great. A split decision loss to guy he has a first round KO over magically erasing his incredible unprecedented title defense streak.. sure.. if you're an idiot.

I don’t like giving the P4P crown to a guy in that weight class because of the small sample size he competes with.
How many adult males are 125 pounds? He’s only competing against such a small percentage of the roster. I know it’s not his fault. I have a biased opinion but that’s how I feel

I’ve never seen a fighter look so average

All he had to offer was leg kicks and a grandby.

It’s time to admit he fought as reigned in an extremely shallow division that allowed him to thrive for as long as he did.

His bout with cejudo was like watching Ufc 20 when the big question was can a guy get a takedown and steal the Round.

Cheers to cejudo

Long may he reign

One hiccup in Half a decade...

And the bandwagon dick riders are in full force..

I never thought MM was the GOAT. That was always silly talk. The guy didnt have the competition, and he lost to the best fighter he ever faced (Cruz). The TJ fight was his true test and he passed up on it.

But as far as skills go he and TJ are pretty much at the top along with guys like Jones and Anderson. It's TRUE MM does have advantages being so small. Same with TJ. But those guys can literally do everything in the octagon, and they do it with such quickness.

^ Rod - I don't think that's unreasonable AT ALL

I too take issue with calling a guy fighting in the smallest division for men in the UFC, the pound for pound best

isn't pound for pound the most skilled regardless of weight? MM obviously has skill and is a talented fighter, but who's to say a large part of his success is due to being in a really shallow talent pool

**and on that note, he just lost (granted it was a split, and very closely contended bout) to somebody he previously stopped inside a round. OUCH

People unfamiliar with combat sports always overrate lower weight class fighters because they can't wrap their minds around the physiological fact that smaller fighters will always have an easier time moving around and performing techniques due to physics or whatever. This is why Fedor and other legends are so impressive, they are typically large men with great technique and movement, obviously these guys could potentially beat the shit out of anyone alive. it's harder to say the same about MM. P4P is always a completely abstract concept and argument that makes little sense, every fighter games according to their body and weight class, HWs and BWs are playing almost completely different games.

Mighty Mouse is the GOAT if being a GOAT is being the greatest ankle biter the UFC has ever seen.

He's a great fighter who lost a razor close decision. He's still up there as a top p4p guy.

Back