Can you guys recommend me some Thaiboxers like Panpayak, Sam-A, Sittichai?

I've looked at a few fighters at 135.

Panpayak and Bangpleenoi are definite standouts to me, but Seksan is one of the most savage I think I've ever witnessed in the sport.

His fight vs Yoklekpet was nothing short of vicious and relentless. The guys got great knees and he showed great elbows against Superbank, thoroughly entertaining fighter.

Looking at MuayThai2000.com, seems like alot of the guys from a few years ago aren't in the rankings anymore, that's a shame. I'll have to start devoting more time to watching as many fights as I can.

Also watch Seksan vs. Rotled if you like these close range fights. And consider that these guys completely ignored the specific style you asked about and just named all great fighters. in that vein I recommend you don't miss out on Satanmuanglek - he was probably the most exciting fighter of the last few years in muay thai. watch his fights against Wanchai and Luktoy (RIP).

I've looked at a few fighters at 135.

Panpayak and Bangpleenoi are definite standouts to me, but Seksan is one of the most savage I think I've ever witnessed in the sport.

His fight vs Yoklekpet was nothing short of vicious and relentless. The guys got great knees and he showed great elbows against Superbank, thoroughly entertaining fighter.

Looking at MuayThai2000.com, seems like alot of the guys from a few years ago aren't in the rankings anymore, that's a shame. I'll have to start devoting more time to watching as many fights as I can.
Bangpleenoi doesn't fight at 135lb.

Bangpleenoi doesn't fight at 135lb.
No?

I must've confused
  1. Bangpinoi Moopingaroijungboi with Bangpleenoi.
Strange, I watched a fight between him and Panpayak.

Although it does say it's at 130 now that I look at it closer... what probably confused me is that Phanpayak Sitjatik fights at 135 according to MT2000.

And I just realized there are two Phanpayaks, one at 135 and one at 130...

Muay Thai is a bit confusing. MT2000 has them listed with different or varied names than Muayties sometimes, hard to keep track.

Last edited:
No?

I must've confused

Although it does say it's at 130 now that I look at it closer... what probably confused me is that Phanpayak Sitjatik fights at 135 according to MT2000.

And I just realized there are two Phanpayaks, one at 135 and one at 130...

Muay Thai is a bit confusing. MT2000 has them listed with different or varied names than Muayties sometimes, hard to keep track.

Same Bangpleenoi. He just hasn't fought at 135lb or under in almost a year.

He fights at 140 now, he recently fought on the Best of Siam card and beat a french fighter named Bruce Delval. He's always been a good technical fighter but he's never had the ability to take punishment, he's been ko'd a number of times.

No?

I must've confused

The muaythai2000 rankings are not accurate at all in terms of how fighters stack up in the division. I don't know how the rankings are done but they don't make sense.

The muaythai2000 rankings are not accurate at all in terms of how fighters stack up in the division. I don't know how the rankings are done but they don't make sense.
Rankings often don't.

Strange though, I thought MuayThai2000 was like... well, I guess I can't make a comparison, Boxrec, Ring Magazine, UFC.com, all of their rankings can be off.

I've often been told not to take Boxing rankings/ratings too seriously and I generally just use them to find out about fighters and keep track of news and such and the UFC's rankings were essentially made by a handful of unknown media members, so.

Could you give me any advice/tips on how to stay up to date on MT? There doesn't seem to be any English media covering Muay Thai, commentary from the Stadiums is in Thai, it's rather difficult to keep track and really learn about the sport I find.

Could you give me any advice/tips on how to stay up to date on MT? There doesn't seem to be any English media covering Muay Thai, commentary from the Stadiums is in Thai, it's rather difficult to keep track and really learn about the sport I find.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/recent-fights-results-news-from-thailand.2961757/

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-to-follow-muay-thai.3514819/

I agree though, it is more challenging to follow than these hipsters will lead you to believe...

Muaythai2000 is not perfect but IMO it is a great tool to have a general look at the weight range where a fighter fights. don't take it as a static thing though as most guys go up and down in weight all the time and fight at "catchweights" like 131, 132 pounds. in muay thai it's all about the matchups they don't really care about moving up on a given division like the ufc. they fight and if they win they progressively get harder fights at harder weights.

What I do is check the schedule at muaythai2000, find out when there are good fights then look for them on youtube (Muay Thai Daily channel uploads everything). in the other thread you made people named almost every top current fighters.

This will keep you up to date and informed on everything important and more. I think they also have an app you can buy, so you get access to English stadium commentary on select events. I've never used it, but some other idiots on the forum probably have.

I don't know of any kickboxing site which is comparable:

https://www.facebook.com/SiamFightN...BAncJA0oFA2lfSVLvvttvyvsOAHkhoQAXNOf_xRlF8RfA

https://www.siamfightnews.com

Last edited:

Just finished watching this one.

What a savage elbow.

Is Nuenglanlek the one in red?

Just finished watching this one.

What a savage elbow.

Is Nuenglanlek the one in red?

Yea, red corner is pretty much always the first name. Kaimukkao has had some bad knockout losses in past year or so.

I'm watching this one, I keep watching halfway and then restarting to watch Nong-O work his magic again.

I either forgot or never realized how good Nong-O was, but he was a guy I remember from a few years ago as being one of the best guys.

Definitely the technician or "Muay Femur" that I like to see.

Pakorn showed some good skills this one too, at 5:56 that, is it a skip knee? Anyway, I love that technique.

Sangmanee when he's on

Can someone tell me why Thai refs are so ...jittery? They always talk to the fighters even when they are working and do that hand sign for action even while they are throwing combinations every few seconds seemingly just for the fuck of it. I've always found that highly annoying why do they do that?

Can someone tell me why Thai refs are so ...jittery? They always talk to the fighters even when they are working and do that hand sign for action even while they are throwing combinations every few seconds seemingly just for the fuck of it. I've always found that highly annoying why do they do that?
They're the best refs in combat sports. They also dive to catch dropped fighters heads so they don't bounce off the canvas.

Back