Can you mod one of our regulars over in S&C/F13

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LegioTitan

Hola,

Not sure whose decision that would be but many of the regular posters would appreciate it.

I feel we have a good knowledgeable group of regular posters in the f13. In fact I feel it's one of the better forums for "beginners" that I've seen. They take their FAQs quite seriously and have helped out a bunch of S&C novices.

My point is that a fair amount of annoying trolling goes on where by people put out useless information that they cannot in any way support. The reason I feel this is somewhat different from other subforums is that many of these arguments can with facts. Especially by the forum members who work in the S&C field to pay the bills. Useless hogwash information just furthers broscience stereotypes and helps no one.

So, any chance you guys could mod one of our more responsible regulars? Is it really that big of a deal?

The entire forum would, I believe, support any number of them. DrBdan, Tosa, Miaou, Arlecchino, JauntyAngle, and others. Having a knowledgeable poster help to weed out the troll threads and responses would be much appreciated.

Also, I know the regulars get pretty OT on occasion themselves but that's usually out of boredom or a reaction to a troll. I think the pub thread should be allowed as well. I just don't see the harm in it in so long as the general rules aren't broken.

Well I'm sure this was a waste of a post but if for whatever reason someone did read it, I thank you for your time good sir or ma'am!

Somebody asked backed in May. here was my two cents (in Sherdog money thats worth about 100 million at least: )

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f19/mod-strength-conditioning-2063287/

If I might interject, and I am being serious this time, why don't you guys make one of the more experienced, level headed posters who have a passion for the site and SC a mod? Would it hurt to have another mod on board who really cares about this place?
Here's the way I see it:
1) The SC guys want a mod from their own group to get made. Reminds me of Goodfellas when Jimmy and Henry wanted Tommy made so they had one of their own in power. Of course Tommy got killed, so be careful what you wish for guys.
2) Most people don't like to hit the report post button, especially in their own "home" so to speak. They would prefer to take care of it on their own.
3)They don't want to call 911, they want a patrol car in their neighborhood already there. It's like when a cop car sitting on the side of the road doing nothing is more of a deterrent than the hidden cop who will actually give you a ticket.
4)If it is accurate them saying that mods are not a presence in that forum (and I have no idea if that is an accurate assessment or not) then a mod should be added. I mean it seems like every section has mods that are in charge, why not SC?
5)It really isn't that big of a deal. Give them what they want. It's not like they are asking for Czechoslovakia and then will want more later on........ well at least I hope a Sherdog World War doesn't erupt from this.
Just thinking out loud.

I'm still demanding Czechoslovakia, Damn it !

Hey there are 4-7 "forbidden topics" on the front page at all times. Several of which have been reported. It seemed like a legitimate reason to ask.

My bad. Just trying to help make sure the forum I use runs somewhat smoothly. Err well as smoothly as you can ask for on... an internet forum.

Hey there are 4-7 "forbidden topics" on the front page at all times. Several of which have been reported. It seemed like a legitimate reason to ask.

My bad. Just trying to help make sure the forum I use runs somewhat smoothly. Err well as smoothly as you can ask for on... an internet forum.

On average I would say that there are probably only a half dozen or fewer reported threads from S&C on any given week, not a large number by comparison.

And I have to admit that the first time I saw it I was quite amused by the length and breadth of the 'Forbidden Topics' sticky, as well as the large number of others in there, regarding what is acceptable context and content for discussion.

I thought every thing was forbidden in there?

Jesus fuck never mind.

Can you useless ****s at least delete my account for me??

On average I would say that there are probably only a half dozen or fewer reported threads from S&C on any given week, not a large number by comparison.

And I have to admit that the first time I saw it I was quite amused by the length and breadth of the 'Forbidden Topics' sticky, as well as the large number of others in there, regarding what is acceptable context and content for discussion.

This then begs the question: if there are so few, how come they do not get dealt with?

Seems reasonable.

And yes, I do use the report feature.

The report button seems useless if no one answers it. So why would I waste my time clicking it ?

We didn't make the rules, we just follow them.

Oh stop your complaining and lift.

:)

Lol...

Doesn't get request granted.

Asks for account to be deleted

I'll do it. I know nothing of strength and conditioning, or the forum, so I think my objectivity would be my strength (conditionally).

Lol...

Doesn't get request granted.

Asks for account to be deleted

This, is the bullshit I'm talking about. I make a reasonable request in an attempt to try and improve the forum I other wise enjoy using and just get mocked for it.

Why would anyone want to keep contributing to a place like that?

This, is the bullshit I'm talking about. I make a reasonable request in an attempt to try and improve the forum I other wise enjoy using and just get mocked for it.

Only lowlives regularly post in this part of Sherdog

Jesus fuck never mind.

Can you useless ****s at least delete my account for me??

And you want us to make one of you guys a mod.

This then begs the question: if there are so few, how come they do not get dealt with?

Seems reasonable.

And yes, I do use the report feature.

They do get dealt with eventually.

The report button seems useless if no one answers it. So why would I waste my time clicking it ?

We address every reported post. May not act on every reported post because some of them are bullshit.

We didn't make the rules, we just follow them.

I just said I found it amusing, nothing more. Touchy subject I guess.

You guys from the S&C get a little nervy when you stray outside of your own domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back