Can you mod one of our regulars over in S&C/F13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit --- meant to quote Nos and DRH not the one I did. Sorry.

Ok...bear with me while I get a handle on the little details here. So basically...if he had made this same thread without the back story (pun not intended) it would have been fine correct?

Also, using this line of thought, should any request for routines where a person mentions a preexisting condition be taken out? If a guy says he only does lower body for example because of a bad elbow, should it be taken out because someone might give him a routine involving leg presses and he might aggravate his injury putting on the plates? Don't take this as me being sarcastic, but there seem to be an issue here of at what point is the line in the sand?

You guys are fucking great...... but honestly, do you need these headaches on top of real life and the regular Sherdog misery? Let them rule themselves (with a CLEAR understanding that it better get handled.)
S and C guys--- I hope no one is offended by me. You guys are a tight knit group and deserve the same courtesy other forums like yours already get.
Peace boys, I said way more than anyone who doesn't have a vested interest should. Once again, I hope you guys get what you want. Good Luck.

Gotcha...just pass the word to be patient. You may end up getting new mod from among the lot of you...or not. That's up to the orange people. In the interim, just try to realize things like what we just talked about may not move at the speed of light while us outsiders get a feel for the place...and it wouldn't hurt to pass that word along to some of your more volatile fellow posters in there.

No, problem. I'll just post this in our "Town hall" discussion, I'd imagine the majority will see it.

You guys are fucking great...... but honestly, do you need these headaches on top of real life and the regular Sherdog misery? Let them rule themselves (with a CLEAR understanding that it better get handled.)
S and C guys--- I hope no one is offended by me. You guys are a tight knit group and deserve the same courtesy other forums like yours already get.
Peace boys, I said way more than anyone who doesn't have a vested interest should. Once again, I hope you guys get what you want. Good Luck.

I'd love too...but unfortunately the wheels of progress turn slowly, and someone has to pick up the slack in the mean time...and someone often means me. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate you for convincing me to take this gig and getting Crip and Meat to ask me?

I've let a number of obvious and infraction worthy posts go unaddressed in the past because of the atmosphere of relative self-enforcment that seemed to work well, but this will not be the case anymore

I also don't really see why you couldn't still let some stuff like this slide. There's a big difference between two regulars getting each other's goad (which happens a lot) and someone blatantly and maliciously harassing a noob unknowingly posting something forbidden.

Like Belph and I have mentioned allowing us to have a general discussions thread would get rid of a lot of that.

I'd love too...but unfortunately the wheels of progress turn slowly, and someone has to pick up the slack in the mean time...and someone often means me.

D.R.H. is good people.

You too Nos don't think I have any beef with you. More than anything I just want you guys to understand where we're coming from and it seems like you do and we appreciate it.

I'd love too...but unfortunately the wheels of progress turn slowly, and someone has to pick up the slack in the mean time...and someone often means me. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate you for convincing me to take this gig and getting Crip and Meat to ask me?

Ha!!! I just pm'd you about that.
You didn't like me calling you a combination "Don Rickles, King Solomon and Gandhi?"
Hmmm. I got to get some new writers.

Edit --- meant to quote Nos and DRH not the one I did. Sorry.

No, you've done as much as anyone to help the cause. It is appreciated.

And I'm not just talking about your av.

Ha!!! I just pm'd you about that.
You didn't like me calling you a combination "Don Rickles, King Solomon and Gandhi?"
Hmmm. I got to get some new writers.

I like the Solomon part...he was rich and smart...I'm only the latter at best but still nice. The Ghandi part I'm not digging. Nice enough chap, but that whole not eating thing doesn't fly with me...I'll not be denied my chicken wings damn it! I'm not funny enough to be Rickles...probably be bald enough though if I stopped shaving my head.

I like the Solomon part...he was rich and smart...I'm only the latter at best but still nice. The Ghandi part I'm not digging. Nice enough chap, but that whole not eating thing doesn't fly with me...I'll not be denied my chicken wings damn it! I'm not funny enough to be Rickles...probably be bald enough though if I stopped shaving my head.

D.R.H = Drunken Red Head ?

Swing and a miss.

Urban, Standard, Lusst, SmashiusClay, Sinister, mschatz, MikeMartial, enright3060 and XTrainer are all mods of the f13 subforum, and they all used to post there regularly (most of them kept training logs). Excluding Smashius (who doesn't post much except in the logs and still responds to PMs) and a very rare enright or Sinister sighting, none of them ever posts there, and in all likelyhood none of them do any modding at all (maybe unless they just happen to glance through f13 out of boredom once in a blue moon).

Also, I see that a number of mods just got assigned to the S&C after this thread got started (for example, Nostromo didn't appear in the f13 mod list until just a few minutes ago).

So the obvious question here is: why keep a whole bunch of mods that used to be regulars and never show up (and probably do zero modding), and not mod just one or two of the current, universally (within the f13) respected and long-time regularly active posters?

Urban, Standard, Lusst, SmashiusClay, Sinister, mschatz, MikeMartial, enright3060 and XTrainer are all mods of the f13 subforum, and they all used to post there regularly (most of them kept training logs). Excluding Smashius and a very rare enright or Sinister sighting, none of them ever posts there, and I'm assuming that probably none of them do any modding at all unless they just happen to glance through out of boredom or something.

Also, I see that a number of mod just got assigned to the S&C after this thread got started (for example, Nostromo didn't appear in the f13 mod list until just a few minutes ago).

So the obvious question here is: why keep a whole bunch of mods that used to be regulars and never show up (and probably do zero modding), and not mod just one or two of the current universally (within the f13) respected and long-time regular posters?

You do realize you nominated yourself, right ?

Anyhoo, It's DMF's decision, Nos and D.R.H have no control over that situation.

Devil's Right Hand?

Swing and miss.

I figured. You appear to be sober and have a soul. Is it your initials ?

I've always been curious.

You'll have to dig through the archives like every one else who wants to find out. It's in there somewhere.

You do realize you nominated yourself, right ?

Anyhoo, It's DMF's decision, Nos and D.R.H have no control over that situation.

Ι'm not interested in becoming a mod, but there are a number of guys who would make fine moderators.

If it's DMF's decision, then it would help him to see and consider some coherent arguments in favor of it.

Is it DMF that assigns already-existing mods to forums they weren't previously assigned to?

Ι'm not interested in becoming a mod, but there are a number of guys who would make fine moderators.

If it's DMF's decision, then it would help him to see and consider some coherent arguments in favor of it.

Is it DMF that assigns already-existing mods to forums they weren't previously assigned to?

That's not really any assignments chief, we just tend to gravitate towards the places we already posted.

That's not really any assignments chief, we just tend to gravitate towards the places we already posted.

So you assign yourself to whichever subforums you want?

The reason I'm asking is because new mods appeared in the f13 moderator list after this thread was started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back