Can you name a fighter who easily defeated Nate Diaz?

Is this a joke?

Josh
RDA
Benson
Rory

...and that's just off top of head.

Thanks for the laugh for a guy who's 18-11.
Oh- I get it- the ole on purpose troll o.p.
8.5/10

Stop exaggerating:

DorLwPqXkAAZZOD.jpg:large

hahaha every time I see this I laugh at mendes

Nate was searching for a big fight. Didn't want to fight unless he got one. He even took a year off In doing so.

The way I see it, he needed a pivotal fight to really reach into himself and pull out his full potential as a fighter.

He got that with Conor and as a result, we saw the best version of Nate. It was at that point where Nate was no longer In the shadow of his brother and the differences In their skill became very negligible, if even existing at all.

Conor at his best is probably the best boxer in MMA / one of the best overall strikers. Much hate as he gets, for the sake of non retarded analysis, let's not pretend that he's some random featherweight moving up.

If you were to just use the Michael Johnson / conor fights..It's clear his boxing has Improved leaps and bounds prior to any point prior In his career and It's among the best at either 155 or 170. Something high level boxers like Andre ward and even Amir Khan have eluded to. Which is quite high praise.

Point Is, fighters evolve and only the most recent fights paint the most accurate picture as to where a fighter truly stands. A few years can change a lot, especially when a fighter is on the cusp of entering their peak / prime.

<DontBelieve1>

3 fights in 3 years (0 in the last 2 years) is a pretty piss poor sample size tbh and gives absolutely zero information on his current level, skillset and form
well, 3 fights In that time period still shows the best version of him that we've seen thus far.

There's no other version of Nate that would've been able to stand with Conor as he did.

I agree with you though but the last 3 years are still more telling than the years prior as to where he stands.

Benson and RDA kicked his ass

Thompson fight was pretty competitive

Rory has a few nice gifs tossing Nate around but that fight was also competitive

I’m probably forgetting someone but Nate isn’t dominated as frequently as this thread was undoubtedly created to show.

well, 3 fights In that time period still shows the best version of him that we've seen thus far.

There's no other version of Nate that would've been able to stand with Conor as he did.

I agree with you though but the last 3 years are still more telling than the years prior as to where he stands.

.... or maybe Conor's just not as good a LW striker as you think he is.

He did just get outstruck by Khabib.

Conor in the first round of the first fight, most one sided round you’ll ever see.

Conor in the second fight for the first two rounds.

Nate's one of the most underrated fighters in MMA at this point.

hits his prime / peak as a fighter and isn't judged on that, instead judged on fights from many years prior.

strange stuff

No..... You need to fight to be rated.

No..... The big fights Nate lost to RDA, & Benson... Nate had to work to earn those fights. Rory at WW was the only one on the list that Nate hadn’t really worked his way up to.

No.... Judged on years prior Why not?!?!? Nate has been a main event headlining fighter for a damn long time.

I love Nate and would pay to see him fight again... but he has had some hard losses.

No..... You need to fight to be rated.

No..... The big fights Nate lost to RDA, & Benson... Nate had to work to earn those fights. Rory at WW was the only one on the list that Nate hadn’t really worked his way up to.

No.... Judged on years prior Why not?!?!? Nate has been a main event headlining fighter for a damn long time.

I love Nate and would pay to see him fight again... but he has had some hard losses.

when a fighter clearly enters his peak / prime as a fighter.

why are we using fights prior to that to judge his current form?

Why would this ever be the case?

Sorry man, this will never not be stupid..no matter the justification

He's definitely had some hard losses and Nate isn't indestructible, but I think people need to be careful where to draw that line..because clearly Nate is being heavily underrated based on judging him on fights that mostly happened 5-7 years ago

.... or maybe Conor's just not as good a LW striker as you think he is.

He did just get outstruck by Khabib.
Many boxers, martial artists, fighters, analysts and others would agree. Probably the best boxer we've seen in MMA thus far, one of the best strikers we've seen in MMA period . It's not like I'm the only one saying / thinking these things. You don't get Sugar Ray Leonard of all people to show love to your boxing If you are not legit.

He definitely didn't look that way against Khabib though, without a doubt. Why, Is up for debate. Probably a combination of factors.

It doesn't change what he's demonstrated up to this point though

Nate has been given a lot of praise from Andre ward who he's trained with for years and even Amir Khan, who has no dog in the fight / any sort of bias. Getting shown love from pro boxers as an MMA fighter Is pretty big, considering the level of boxing in MMA and how heavily it's disrespected amongst those In the boxing community. Nate's boxing has come a long way, levels above anything he demonstrated during his prior run at LW which most people seem to judge him on.

when a fighter clearly enters his peak / prime as a fighter.

why are we using fights prior to that to judge his current form?

Why would this ever be the case?

Sorry man, this will never not be stupid..no matter the justification

He's definitely had some hard losses and Nate isn't indestructible, but I think people need to be careful where to draw that line..because clearly Nate is being heavily underrated based on judging him on fights that mostly happened 5-7 years ago

Dude, I hope Nate is as good as you think he is!

But he simply does not fight enough...

There is no way youn can state he is now in his “prime”. Not with his last two performances at 170..... great scraps mind you... but he has given zero evidence of fixing the wrestler shaped holes in his game, or evolved to deal with competent leg kicks.

This almost smells like ill fated attempt to make Conor look good... No

Yeah, brutal UD.
Too bad his "youth energy" didn't help him against Mousasi.

Edit: Found the gif. Enjoy:
eOWlkoo.gif

I bet you didn't call Rory Gegard's bitch, did you?

Im not even a Rory fan....lol

Back