Canada : Legal Weed on the way!

Wet Blanket

Bipartisan GIF Machine
@red
Reaction score
Looks like the last hurdle has been cleared and just some minor work left to do.

"Senators have voted to pass the federal government's bill legalizing recreational marijuana by a vote of 52-29, with two abstentions, paving the way for a fully legal cannabis market within eight to 12 weeks."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-passes-government-pot-bill-1.4713222

A great first for Canada. The first country to legalize nationwide.

<GinJuice>

Ceeeeelebrate High Times, come on!

BqmvwmkCQAEzQdi.jpg

Weed should have never been banned in the first place, so a great thing. One thing I'm unsure of is how companies can get a license to sell recreational pot, and who are the growers?

I run a lot of parties, where we run the bar. I'm not a big drinker myself, but I'm always amazed at the vast selection of drinks/shots my bartenders can make. One of my buddies is a mixologist, it's crazy what is out there, bunch of fucking alcoholics lol

I look forward to the day when I can have a selection of establishments to visit, where companies compete for the best weed/prices etc... I've always wanted to have a place that has tons of options for edibles too. I hope it's as much of open market as possible.

Last edited:
Only a matter of time before it happens in the USA. Even companies in states where it is legal are starting to no longer drug test for it because they can’t find workers if they do.

Weed should have never been banned in the first place, so a great thing. One thing I'm unsure of is how companies can get a license to sell recreational pot, and who are the growers?

Just be a politician or ex chief of police or member of corporate elite I think.

This should be open to everyone but the way I see it there is little to no chance for mom and pop style business to succeed.

R.I.P the people who made a living off growing and selling decriminalized, untaxed pot.

It was great while it lasted.

So what happens to the record of people who have weed related offences? Will they be expunged?

What would happen if you are caught with marijuana sometime between now and the official legalization date? Cops just ignore it, or would they be compelled to charge you?

So what happens to the record of people who have weed related offences? Will they be expunged?

What would happen if you are caught with marijuana sometime between now and the official legalization date? Cops just ignore it, or would they be compelled to charge you?

I personally think that some reparations are in order for all the people who were harassed by the police for smoking pot, in the past century. Jailed, fined, and just mentally disturbed by the social pressure of doing an illegal act. I mean, if ISIS can have that government money, why not weed smokers?

We all know who's the real oppressed group.

Someone is going to get high and call a LGBT+80 the wrong thing and go to jail. You’ve been warned !!!

Will still be illegal and you can still be charged until the official start of legalization is announced.

Not sure what they are doing with past charges, but they should be purged from a person's record.

I think a lot of people will start appreciating the illegality of what they do, once big business touches it.

I run a lot of parties, where we run the bar. I'm not a big drinker myself, but I'm always amazed at the vast selection of drinks/shots my bartenders can make. One of my buddies is a mixologist, it's crazy what is out there, bunch of fucking alcoholics lol

I look forward to the day when I can have a selection of establishments to visit, where companies compete for the best weed/prices etc... I've always wanted to have a place that has tons of options for edibles too. I hope it's as much of open market as possible.

Anchorage has that.

All the isis terrorists aren’t going to be happy about this.

R.I.P the people who made a living off growing and selling decriminalized, untaxed pot.

It was great while it lasted.

Ya not a chance I'm going to pay 280 bucks an oz for any weed that's worth it when I can get the same quality shit for 100-125 an oz, especially around where I live cause most of the dispensary get it local anyway. They especially rob you for shatter too, asking ridiculous prices for this stuff called phyto, complete dogshit. Me and my buddy wound up paying damn near 60 bucks for a gram and it tasted like fucking burning hair.

Once I can get quality dope for a normal price I'll start buying it from a dispensary, until then not a chance.

Ya not a chance I'm going to pay 280 bucks an oz for any weed that's worth it when I can get the same quality shit for 100-125 an oz, especially around where I live cause most of the dispensary get it local anyway. They especially rob you for shatter too, asking ridiculous prices for this stuff called phyto, complete dogshit. Me and my buddy wound up paying damn near 60 bucks for a gram and it tasted like fucking burning hair.

Once I can get quality dope for a normal price I'll start buying it from a dispensary, until then not a chance.

Now that the government and big business are muscling in on the weed business, expect to see a lot more effort to curb down on "illegal, untaxed sale" of a legal product.

In the end, nothing changes, except for the worse.

If it's anything like Canada's handling of liquor, it will likely be an obstacle course of bureaucratic BS.

Non violent weed offenses wont be pardoned which is bs.

Some LPs price their weed between 4 and 15$ depending on strain type etc.
Tweed is about 8.50 a gram and aurora is 9 a gram.

Cannafarms and aurora had 35% keef for about 35$. Sold out within a few hours.

Im unsure how the discounts will work with legalization when buying in bulk or if that will be an option.

As i work in the cannabis industry i can keep everyone updated as i find out more.

Back