Canada To Bring in 1 Million Immigrants In Next Three Years - One Of Most Aggessive Increases Ever

splendica

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
That's almost a 3 percent population growth.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-canada-2018-1.4371146

Ahmed Hussen tabled the Liberal government's plan on Nov. 1st:

"Canada will welcome nearly one million immigrants over the next three years, according to the multi-year strategy tabled by the Liberal government today in what it calls "the most ambitious immigration levels in recent history."

>

"Hussen said immigration drives innovation and strengthens the economy, rejecting some claims that newcomers drain Canada's resources and become a burden on society."

>

"Conservative immigration critic Michelle Rempel was critical of the plan, suggesting the government needs to do a better job of integrating newcomers.

'It is not enough for this government to table the number of people that they are bringing to this country. Frankly the Liberals need to stop using numbers of refugees, amount of money spent, feel-good tweets and photo ops for metrics of success in Canada's immigration system.'"

>

"During the government's consultation period, the Canadian Immigrant Settlement Sector Alliance presented "Vision 2020," what it called a "bold" three-year plan to address growing demographic shifts underway in the country, calling for increased numbers in the economic, family and refugee categories.

It recommended a target of 350,000 people in 2018, which climbs to 400,000 in 2019 and 450,000 by 2020.

Chris Friesen, the organization's director of settlement services, said it's time for a white paper or royal commission on immigration to develop a comprehensive approach to future immigration.

"Nothing is going to impact this country [more] besides increased automation and technology than immigration will and this impact will grow in response to [the] declining birth rate, aging population and accelerated retirements," he told CBC News."

________

On related notes.

Canada has the highest number of foreign-born citizens of the G8 countries at 20.6% of the population.

http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011001-eng.cfm

• In 2011, Canada had a foreign-born populationFootnote 1 of about 6,775,800 people. They represented 20.6% of the total population, the highest proportion among the G8 countries.

• Between 2006 and 2011, around 1,162,900 foreign-born people immigrated to Canada. These recent immigrants made up 17.2% of the foreign-born population and 3.5% of the total population in Canada.

• Asia (including the Middle East) was Canada's largest source of immigrants during the past five years, although the share of immigration from Africa, Caribbean, Central and South America increased slightly.

• The vast majority of the foreign-born population lived in four provinces: Ontario, British Columbia, Quebec and Alberta, and most lived in the nation's largest urban centres.

So progressive. Canadian's lives will surely be culturally enriched. Pretty jelly

don't the largest urban centers in Canada have absurdly high housing rates in general?

Canadian liberal government stays winning, I tell you

So progressive. Canadian's lives will surely be culturally enriched. Pretty jelly

I mean people can bury their heads in the sand, but the complexion of the country will be very different in 20 years. On every level. The thing is, people get mortgages, plan for the future based on some sort of certainty and trust. The whole banking system rests on this implication.

And I'm not picking on any one group, just bringing to light what is occurring.

I think a person would be best off moving to a country off of the radar that doesn't matter.

Assimilation is simply not possible at that number. There are already places in Markham where everything other than the road names are in Chinese.

And I'm happy with rich Chinese immigrants bringing their troves of money into the country.

Poor refugees with no skills however... not sure that is quite so beneficial for the country.

And of course they put all of them in the major cities, places that surely aren't overpopulated enough. How come no one wants to go to Manitoba?

The number should be reduced to ten percent of that, at best, and they should have to go to Nunavut or PEI or New Brunswick or some ish...

what happened to beggars can't be choosers?

also, same here. Guess which county has settled the most refugees in the last 10-15 years? none other than San Diego. cmon son, holla at Montana or something

Toronto can't handle that many

don't the largest urban centers in Canada have absurdly high housing rates in general?

Canadian liberal government stays winning, I tell you
Average price for a detached house in toronto is 1mil.

Hey, I'd gladly be wrong about mass immigration not working. I want to be wrong about all of these seemingly reasonable (to me) paranoias.

Toronto is already a lost cause. IMO just send them all there.
I still have go down there for work now and then. Let me move to iroquois falls first.

As long as they stay north of the border, let them come...Cape Breton is off limits as well...The rest of Canada can become like Sweden...FTW..

Remind me again - who exactly voted for an increase in immigration? I don't recall it being a huge part of anybody's platform last time around. Sure there was talk of letting in some Syrian refugees, but my mind is drawing a blank on finding spots for 1 million new Canadians.

Generic joke about two walls . Laughtrack

how else is the Cabinet/PMs going to become even more diverse in the future?

once you get on the Trudeau plain of thinking, it becomes more clear hahaha

Why is Toronto a lost cause?
It has all the drawbacks of a big city with few of the benefits.

Cost of living is way too high while salaries are way too low. Prices have driven most of the sane people out.
It's a city of immigrants, so they naturally segregate themselves into separate groups.
Getting too crowded, traffic is horrible and with the continuous immigration it will just keep getting worse and worse.
For a big city, the women are nothing to write home about, while at the same time being ridiculously stuck up.
People are rude just like in any big city, always laugh when my friends expect nice and respectful Canadians and go to Toronto.
Last call is at 2am (even earlier for people who have to catch the subway), but most places are empty till midnight.
The people are just lifeless, way more than other big cities I've been to or lived in. Walking around, riding the subway, it just feels like everyone has been drained of their energy.
Also the worst SJWs in the world come out of Toronto.

IMO Vancouver is superior in every way to Toronto, and even that has it's issues with costs. At least you get what you pay for in Vancouver.

Swedens government is an example of what our government is doing now, some controversial language in the vid

Last edited:
Back