Canadian girl who's throat was cut by Muslim, sues UBC

Whatever Trudeau has in his personal bank account.

Whose money is she more likely to receive? My guess is the university's (a mix of tuition money and tax money), so by other students and their parents and by adults who never attended university.

And seeing as you are not required by a university to live in a residence, will her precedent create a liability risk by which all landlords will need to add peepholes and chains/latches/bars? Will the government chime in by making these features a legal requirement?

How about instead, we recognize some responsibility of the tenants to assess the safety of the places they choose to rent?

Whose money is she more likely to receive? My guess is the university's (a mix of tuition money and tax money), so by other students and their parents and by adults who never attended university.

And seeing as you are not required by a university to live in a residence, will her precedent create a liability risk by which all landlords will need to add peepholes and chains/latches/bars? Will the government chime in by making these features a legal requirement?

How about instead, we recognize some responsibility of the tenants to assess the safety of the places they choose to rent?
I'm sorry but if you don't have a peephole or a fucking chain/bar security device on an apartment in this day and age the fuck is the landlord doing? Getting high on meth and not caring?

I stayed in the most jacked up looking Motel 6 ever where I saw a The Wire esque fucking drug deal happen RIGHT OUTSIDE my window at night and even THAT place had peepholes and latches.

If the beheader never beheads again then it was a good decision. If he does then it wasn't.

Prison is more than rehab. If you behead someone, I think you've lost your freedom in this life, do better next time.

This case was just someone taking the Quran at face value.

If the beheader never beheads again then it was a good decision. If he does then it wasn't.

I'd rather have had the police show up trigger happy.
If someone beheads someone with a jack knife on a bus, then said person should be eliminated.

I feel bad for countries that are letting in 10s of thousands of young Muslim males brought up in cultures that see women as nothing more than property. And I call bullshit firsthand on those claiming that isn’t true....My sis in laws whole family is from different parts of the Middle East and they all fled the abuse of the males. She And her cousins and aunts have crazy stories.

I'm sorry but if you don't have a peephole or a fucking chain/bar security device on an apartment in this day and age the fuck is the landlord doing? Getting high on meth and not caring?

I stayed in the most jacked up looking Motel 6 ever where I saw a The Wire esque fucking drug deal happen RIGHT OUTSIDE my window at night and even THAT place had peepholes and latches.
Do you support this woman's lawsuit being paid for with a mix of tuition money and tax money?

Do you support legislation to require landlords to install peepholes and latches?

Do you support this woman's lawsuit being paid for with a mix of tuition money and tax money?

Do you support legislation to require landlords to install peepholes and latches?
Legislation? No, but if you don't have things in your doors that seem like they should be considered standard safety features don't be surprised when someone sues your ass into a financial grave.

As to taxpayers paying out the settlement? Well, Trudeau paid off that convicted terrorist with tax money so.....

The girl obviously should have to check if Muslims rent there, because they're a heightened risk with them carrying out attacks of any kind.

Prison is more than rehab. If you behead someone, I think you've lost your freedom in this life, do better next time.

This case was just someone taking the Quran at face value.
Would you please explain how prison is more than rehab?

Legislation? No, but if you don't have things in your doors that seem like they should be considered standard safety features don't be surprised when someone sues your ass into a financial grave.

As to taxpayers paying out the settlement? Well, Trudeau paid off that convicted terrorist with tax money so.....
So you want this woman's settlement to be paid by taxpayers?

So you want this woman's settlement to be paid by taxpayers?
Who the fuck else could pay it out? The dude that did the deed probably has no money and if not the school and she was living in a private apartment then that rental agency/landlord should hand the business over to her as well as a fat check.

What do you want to see happen?

Tightening of immigration, pay out to the girl from the government who allowed him to enter (yes, from the tax payer money, good way to teach the tax payer the consequence of their vote), sending the dude back to Saudi Arabia, where praying on women competition is easier.

When you personally deliver a punishment, why do you do it?

I personally deliver a punishment to rehab people. Damn you got me.

It's not difficult, if you behead someone you've lost the chance to live in free society. That is my view and I'm adamant about it. No offense, but I don't want to hear about your rehab pipe dreams for murderers, because it's irrelevant to me. You can rehab them while they serve their life sentences.

Tightening of immigration, pay out to the girl from the government who allowed him to enter (yes, from the tax payer money, good way to teach the tax payer the consequence of their vote), sending the dude back to Saudi Arabia, where praying on women competition is easier.
We are in agreement on sending the Saudi throat-slasher back to Saudi Arabia.

Who commit more crime, immigrants or aboriginal Canadians? I would like to see more gentrification in cities like Winnipeg, Saskatoon, and Edmonton even though it cannot be guaranteed that immigrants will be perfectly law-abiding. I wouldn't mind taking fewer refugees, but first I would like to see Canada get out of the refugee creation business in places like Syria.

I've seen Saudis come here temporarily for professional training funded by their government. I think that this activity will do more to improve Saudi Arabia than bombing it, so I favor this activity more than for example, bombing near Mosul. Bombing and throat-cutting both attempt to achieve behavior change through violence (surely an innocent civilian has had a head blown off or a throat blown open as collateral bombing damage), but it is amounting to dousing a fire with gasoline.

Who the fuck else could pay it out? The dude that did the deed probably has no money and if not the school and she was living in a private apartment then that rental agency/landlord should hand the business over to her as well as a fat check.
As a taxpayer (not a voter, a taxpayer), I don't feel particularly culpable for what happened to this woman.

If a driver loses control of a car on some black ice then should I, as a taxpayer, pay for civil damages to the driver?

As a taxpayer (not a voter, a taxpayer), I don't feel particularly culpable for what happened to this woman.

If a driver loses control of a car on some black ice then should I as a taxpayer pay for civil damages to the driver?
No but if this girl was in on campus housing, funded by tax payer money at a public institution and the public institution didn't take reasonable steps to ensure a safe housing area? Yeah, the Uni should be forced to pay out and unfortunately a lot of that will come from the tuition and tax payer money.

You made a comment earlier that the girl should have taken steps to protect herself... well, without even a simple peephole what could she do?

This isn't Texas where kids can have their firearms with them in their dorm rooms and have that aspect. The student was a female so GENERALLY males can overpower them unless the girl is some fitness competitor that is always lifting weights and shit so what could she have done? Just never answer the door until the pizza guy shoves the pizza under the door?

A court found the teen not criminally responsible because he was suffering from a psychotic episode in which he believed the Qur'an had sent him a message to kill Hare.

Oh great.

Canada is encouraging tens of thousands of muslims to migrate, and I'm sure this legal defense will be used many times over.

Back