Canadian Injustice against Indigenous v2.0: We need to do better

Leaders of left-of-centre national political parties keep makin these vague statements about how the justice system needs to be fixed. Wtf so they mean exactly? Should the burden of proof rest on the defendant to prove that he or she is innocent?

I actually don't, please comprehend to me.
Look up "red-handed" and "redskin".

It's funnier because post #6 quotes me to make a SJW decrying of racism even though the pun is slightly racist, the racist color scale going from most to least racist being: Red, yellow, brown, black, white (Technically, the pun could be a SJW message that if the suspect had been redskinned then there would have been a conviction, but I think that interpretation is giving too much credit.).

It's funnier still that post #16 accuses me of not comprehending the OP when it appears the maker of that post didn't read the whole thread, notably post #7, before making the unfounded accusation.

I almost didn't make my pun because posts #4 and #5 are correct that it is sad that a fifteen year old girl was murdered. There is a history of bad blood on both sides of aboriginals and colonists, but we are all born innocent, and it is sad that the past bad blood continues to claim present-day innocents who did not participate in that history. I'm making humor in an attempt to head off another divisive thread and poking fun at both sides.

Leaders of left-of-centre national political parties keep makin these vague statements about how the justice system needs to be fixed. Wtf so they mean exactly? Should the burden of proof rest on the defendant to prove that he or she is innocent?

so is this guy gonna oppose trudeau?

so is this guy gonna oppose trudeau?

No. Jagmeet Singh was a liberal media darling for about 5 minutes and now nobody talks about him anymore. He has no clear policy and there is concern that he sympathizes with Sikh terrorists.

Hopefully, Singh takes the Sikh vote away from Trudeau and the Indians vote for Sheer after Trudeau's disastrous trip to India which will give Andrew Scheer the edge he needs in the election.

The case was weak with absolutely no real evidence, Seems like the DA is useless not the system. Still an absolute tragedy.

So here we are again, and a jury has once again let a white man walk free after being charged with a crime against a Native. This follows closely on the heels of the Colton Boushie case which saw Geralt Stanley - a white farmer - walk free after accidentally killing Boushie.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/raymond-cormier-trial-verdict-tina-fontaine-1.4542319

In this case, a white man was accused of murdering a native teenager. Instead of giving the details of the case, here's why he walked:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/raymond-cormier-acquittal-tina-fontaine-1.4548210

Recap: There was never a good chance of conviction, since the evidence was extremely circumstantial and inconclusive.

You'd think that this is a sign our justice system is working, i.e. someone is charged with a crime and the prosecution can only produce sub-par evidence, the accused walks free. But apparently it's a sign the justice system is in a deep state of disrepair, according mainly to people who aren't lawyers or judges and apparently have a hard time grasping the concept of 'reasonable doubt'.

TLDR: Canadian justice system is doing what it should, does not take feelings into consideration, only facts, is apparently broken because of this, because facts are only valuable when they're congruent with your feelings and your incomplete knowledge of circumstances and details of subsequent legal proceedings.
I don't think it's deliberate. [Edit: I'm not referring to Singh's politiking because that's gross, but the average person's reaction.] It's a really sad situation, there are a lot of upset people, and that often leads to a rush to judgement. It's human nature. In this day and age, people gloss over things. No, it's not acceptable, but there are plenty of real cases of failure to protect the interests of the indigenous so there's still no doubt that they're getting the shitty end of the judicial stick.

Lol he picks a side on justice issues but not with the pipeline. This guy is a real wimp.

Back