Canadian Team Housing at Winter Olympic Used as LGBT Safe Space

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Since host country South Korea did not open any sites dedicated to LGBT atheletes, Team Canada decided to open their current housing in Pyeongchang for this purpose. They have also decided to name the place Pride House.

<mma4>

Homosexuality is under the radar in South Korea, with limited public discourse on LGBT rights, or support for the activists fighting for them.That lack of support showed recently when organizers failed to raise funds needed for an LGBT centre at the Olympic Village in Pyeongchang. But then Canada stepped in. Canada House will now double as Pride House.

Pride House, he added, will offer a space for athletes facing those obstacles to find support with their peers. It's encouraging, he said, that Canada has stepped up and offered that space, following up on commitments made after the Sochi Games.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...e-for-lgbt-athletes-at-the-olympics-1.4528002

DVbIzlTV4AERFhY.jpg

Last edited:
Good for Canada. They're looking better and better, what with all the natural resources and global warming. Retirement destination confirmed.

This truly warms my heart. The world really needs to sit down and learn a lesson from Canada's openness and tolerance. We are definitely on the right path.

Since host country South Korea did not open any sites dedicated to LGBT atheletes, Team Canada decided to open their current housing in Pyeongchang for this purpose. They have also decided to name the place Pride House.

<mma4>

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...e-for-lgbt-athletes-at-the-olympics-1.4528002

DVbIzlTV4AERFhY.jpg

"Political Or Religious Belief"

... so if i am a fascist, and "Be Proud" my way into this house, will they accept me as long as I'm respectful of all athletic competitors?

<Oku01>

So male figure skaters were given props, thrown a bone?

So if I go in math a MAGA hat, I’d be welcome?

Didn’t think so...

Apparently there's always a ton of banging happening between athletes during Olympics, they hand out condoms by the buckets. I think what this actually means is the Canadian quarters will be the gay banging spot. <{1-17}>

Homosexuality is under the radar in South Korea, with limited public discourse on LGBT rights, or support for the activists fighting for them.

Safe space from what? Their feelings?

Such a pussified society.

Uh oh, ultimate SJW kid there might call me out for a microaggression.

Are they beating gay people or something in the rest of the Olympic village?

Do gay people lack bacic human rights afforded to others in South Korea? Honestly asking.

I'll call you a punk for trying to bully LGTB. Dont report me for bullying you doe you right wing sissy. I likes to have the gloves off, son.

Nobody cares what you think or say though.

What are the odds the previously banned in this thread make it a week?

Nope. Pretty easy to define. Micro peen rightist's have trouble figuring it out because they're too cowardly to stand by their beliefs and come right out and say they are white supremacists.
It sounds like you're making assumptions about a group of people based off what a few have done. Kind of like a racist would do.
<TheWire1>

Really doubt that elite athletes who regularly perform & excel in front of millions of people need a special 'safe space' outside of their bedroom or own team environment. Seems patronizing as hell to me but whatever.

Back