Canadian whites under fire for refusing to more to the back of a concert

Yeah but it gets co-opted into the ideological fold when is taken in under the LGBT umbrella which is political in nature. I'm sure whatever historical indigenous connotation will take a back seat to political usefulness.

'Two spirited' from my brief examination of the meaning, is very open to interpretation.

agree completely, look at what's happening now with masuma khan

the country is burgeoning with passionate, educated indigenous minds who truly believe in reconciliation but some harpy in hijab has become their self-appointed spokeswoman and is actively working to lengthen the divide?

Yea I noticed in the cringe-worthy statement from the festival that they put 2S at the front of the acronym. I figure that means that they've moved up the stack, at least in Canada where SJWs desperately need to exploit Indigenous grievances in the absence of a US style legacy of slavery. They really push the 2 Spirit thing because it is a great way to play on white guilt to package transgender ideology. "Our cishetnormative culture is just a Eurocentric, white supremacist construct".

If you want to see the Virginia ad that I'm talking about, check out the thread here on the front page with the title about Trump running down minority kids with a pickup truck. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Yeah for sure it makes sense to exploit natives. They will use anything available to them depending on what environment they are applying the ideology to. It's like a formula that only needs a small amount of tweaking for different environments to optimize it.

Who was removed by the artist and the concert distanced themselves from them. What issue remains unresolved here?
issue is...that was a volunteer. just because she's white she needed to be removed? why? she's the concert photographer...it has nothing to do with the color of her skin. she was there to take photos. And I don't get this...it's a concert. I thought you pay where you sit in a concert?

agree completely, look at what's happening now with masuma khan

the country is burgeoning with passionate, educated indigenous minds who truly believe in reconciliation but some harpy in hijab has become their self-appointed spokeswoman and is actively working to lengthen the divide?

All too common, and basically par for the course. Masuma Khan sounds she has taken up the SJW ideology (NeoMarxist/Postmodernist) which has nothing to do with reconciliation between groups. Quite the opposite, in that it works through division and constant agitation. People like that will overtly work against reconciliation. The root of that ideology is very dark and malevolent in origin, despite its thin candy coating.

I always considered Wu Tang to be kind of white kid rap anyway. I think they're great it's just that Growing up It seemed like their fan base was mostly middle class white kids.

It might have seemed that way because you lived along side middle class white kids? Believe me everyone loved wu-tang from the hood to the middle class and up blacks,whites,latino's, asians,etc,.

I always considered Wu Tang to be kind of white kid rap anyway. I think they're great it's just that Growing up It seemed like their fan base was mostly middle class white kids.
That's the case for all mainstream rap since middle class white kids are the strongest customer base. If you're only appealing to the hood there's only so big you can get.

Last edited:
It might have seemed that way because you lived along side middle class white kids? Believe me everyone loved wu-tang from the hood to the middle class and up blacks,whites,latino's, asians,etc,.

Like I said though I'm just going off of personal experience. For example I did a year deployment in the middle east when I was in the National Guard with the Detroit Light Guard Armory on 8 mile, which was a majority black unit. We would all swap our digital music libraries or rip each others CD's and I noticed that nobody ever had any WU Tang. It's probably just a coincidence.

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?

Patrons were not informed prior to purchasing their tickets that white people were not allowed up front.

the person asked to move was an accredited festival volunteer photographer

You're missing a whole lot, by dismissing it entirely because you deem the "resolution" of this adequate.

This is plain overt racism. As a POC, we need to condemn blatant bullshit racism like this.

Who was removed by the artist and the concert distanced themselves from them. What issue remains unresolved here?

that they were asked to move solely because of the colour of their skin?

A woman got kicked out and wasn't allowed to finish her tasks because of the color of her skin. That is the definition of racism.

You read it wrong or you are overdoing it at playing devil's advocate. a group of whites (including a photograhper) wouldn't move to the back of a festival. The festival is apologizing for the whites, has banned them and will subject future volunteers to more training.

issue is...that was a volunteer. just because she's white she needed to be removed? why? she's the concert photographer...it has nothing to do with the color of her skin. she was there to take photos. And I don't get this...it's a concert. I thought you pay where you sit in a concert?

how did that remain unresolved?

I wouldn't call publicly shaming someone by calling them a racist because they don't want to move to the back of the concert an appropriate way to resolve or handle the situation but whatever.

Imo It doesn't seem right. The singer told all of the brown girls to move to the front forcing all of the white people to get to the back.

It rightfully pissed some people off, because they are being told to go stand in the back of the audience in a shittier spot because you're white

The Lady that was a photographer and was trying to do her job. The singer got shitty about it and kicked her out.

The concert organizers then tweet out some BS apologizing on be half of the white people, because they (The white people) were being racist.

I know I would be pissed if I was upfront on the floor of a concert that I paid for and some cunt told me to get to the back because I was white.

perhaps there's some crucial information i'm not reading, or i'm gruesomely misunderstanding some of the information i am...

but if neither of these is the case, this guy is either trolling or genuinely low iq

either way, he's unfit to moderate this forum

MLK died from a gunshot. He's dead. What's unresolved?

i mean...

damn...

but yeah, that's about how cripplingly idiotic he's coming off

Just to be clear if the roles were reversed, and poc were told to go to the back, you wouldn't have a problem with it?

You wouldn't see a problem if they said black people had to sit at the back?

Rosa Parks did.

You think its appropriate to remove someone on the basis of their skin color? You believe it would be ok to ask all the black people to move to the back of the concert, and then remove any black employees who refused to do so?

this'll be rich

good thing sherdog had the sense to bring some balance to texture of the unpaid war room staff by bringing in "a conservative" lmao

Last edited:
I wonder if I'm getting banned soon, or if they stacked on some more infractions or something? I can't access my user account, edit, or like posts.

lol

So canada is as retarded if not more than the very moronic western Europe.

Like I said though I'm just going off of personal experience. For example I did a year deployment in the middle east when I was in the National Guard with the Detroit Light Guard Armory on 8 mile, which was a majority black unit. We would all swap our digital music libraries or rip each others CD's and I noticed that nobody ever had any WU Tang. It's probably just a coincidence.
It's probably a regional thing. Places with more of an active scene are going to rep their own. Where I come from, there is no scene so it's split between whatever's playing on the pop station and the hardcores who look for good music anywhere they can find it.

did you hear about the wu-tang night at king's college that got shut down because there were fears that whites might rap along with the lyrics?
Which is sort of ironic because lots of rap is produced, mixed and mastered by nerdy white people. Also, almost all synthesizers and digital audio workstations were made by white people. Poetry in general was a Western concept not really found in Africa until colonization. So basically everything that rap is was made by the West.

So if a white singer told the white people to come to the front I am sure similar actions would be taken if someone felt this was appropriate?

...probably not.

Yeah for sure it makes sense to exploit natives. They will use anything available to them depending on what environment they are applying the ideology to. It's like a formula that only needs a small amount of tweaking for different environments to optimize it.

You might find this article interesting. Apparently a lot of these Indigenous studies type programs are teaching creationism as fact in the context of "science is a Eurocentric, white supremacist, colonialist, cishetnormative construct!" Similar to how they use gender studies type programs to deconstruct our concepts of sex and so on. It's an interesting read:

Regarding a number of the details, there is still much work to be done: the dispersal and branching off of populations in the exodus from Africa, contact among them along the way, the timing of the great migrations, the geographical routes and methods of travel, and how many migratory waves entered the Western Hemisphere from Siberia. However, the idea of a separate and independent emergence of the human lineage in the New World, by means of some kind of non-biological genesis, exists–like the biblical account of Eden–only in the realm of legend. An implausible alternative “evolutionary account,” postulating a separate and independent American emergence of Homo sapiens branching off from a common primate ancestor, is plainly not supported by the evidence.

Nevertheless, Deloria called into question the scientific consensus on the colonization of the Americas as an imposition of so-called “Western” knowledge. Explicitly, the argument consisted of a creationist, Young Earth, account of human origin. North American oral tradition legends allegedly describe dinosaurs; that is, humans bore eyewitness to the giant reptiles, the stegosaurus, in particular (pp. 211—234). Red Earth White Lies rejects in principle the Siberian migration that populated the New World, and rejects the advances of science on this question as a “hilarious farce” (p. 182). These extraordinary claims caught many people’s attention at the time. What should strike us as more extraordinary still is the apparent deepening of their influence in Cultural Studies over the years, divided between two responses:

• Outright acceptance – the claim that the “Bering Strait theory” disparages the creation stories of indigenous people. Land rights and access to natural resources are presented as being tied to the idea that Native American communities “have always been here.”
  • Carefully worded distancing from the most extravagant creationist assertions that nonetheless tries to deny the research consensus. The work of scientists is qualified as beholden to the “academic establishment,” “as serving hegemonic interests,” or as “disrespectful” of “traditional knowledge,” and “used to colonize and dominate indigenous communities.”4
Also remarkable is the repudiation, based on serious misunderstanding, of the “Bering Strait theory” in peer reviewed journal articles, official curriculum guides for Native American education, and mass circulation newspapers. As part of an ongoing series focused on discrediting the migratory origin of the first Americans, Indian Country Today quoted Yale professor and director of the Native American Cultural Center, Theodore Van Alst, as defending the theories of Deloria: that “[The Bering Strait Theory] is used to support the notion that we’re just an earlier set of people on a long continuum of immigrants…There needs to be a real reassessment of this thing.”5 The common theme that sustains evolution/migration-denial is a purported opposition between “Western knowledge” and “indigenous knowledge.”

We are steadily advancing toward a more complete account of the human colonization of the Americas, but no finding in the current debates among researchers casts any doubt on the central fact of the colonization. True, research has not definitively identified the exact route, or routes, or their timing through Beringia, from the Old World to the New. Evidence exists that the first or primary route may not even have been overland, but along the coast. We still can’t say with certainty whether initial arrival estimates of 15—16,000 years ago are correct, or whether the first successful migrants entered the Americas perhaps 15,000 years earlier. Archaeological data from research sites in North and South America cannot yet discard either of these hypotheses. However, no credible researcher questions the evolution/migration-from-Africa-subsequent-peopling-of-the-Americas theory, and no credible scientific account of the evidence contradicts it.

In the case of a number of weak commentaries on the controversy, timidity and equivocation in a transparently forced attempt to appear balanced are commonplace. For example, while pointing out defects in the creationist legend of the peopling of the Americas, authors introduce confusion and misinformation by imputing unspecified prejudicial motives to scientists who set aside versions from the oral tradition of events related to migration from Asia 30,000 to 10,000 years ago. On the one hand, the cautious critique takes issue with the most fantastic assertions of Deloria, but then gives credit to Red Earth and White Lies, as it purportedly represents “a blistering attack on Western science” (p. 168)6 – note to the author: in this discussion, the idea of “Western science” is as incoherent as the category “Western knowledge.”

The difficulty that some well-intentioned authors have in clearly explaining the error lies in the failure to understand an underlying fallacy: the confusing comparison between so-called “Western science” and “indigenous knowledge.” The confusion fostered by this false dichotomy follows from the postmodern rejection of the scientific method; that findings and conclusions of research are relative to the ideological, political, class or ethnic point of view of individuals and social groups. Contrary to this view, objectivity in the assessment of empirical findings is the foundation of all scientific and rational inquiry, not an arbitrary imposition for the purpose of excluding considerations of “context.” Researchers do not try to integrate spiritual/religious belief systems and mythical cosmologies into their methods because scientific investigation strives to explain natural phenomena. The worldview of religion is concerned with the supernatural.

The reason why legendary oral tradition accounts of human origin cannot be integrated with the findings of archaeology and population genetics, and why researchers in these fields do not attempt to do so, is actually simple and straightforward. Genesis myths, whether they come from the Old Testament, the Koran, or some other archaic source, do not provide the kind of information that can either confirm or disconfirm empirical evidence. They cannot bear on the findings about events dating between 60,000 and 10,000 years ago, one way or the other. While disagreement continues to exist among scientists on secondary questions, these are unrelated to the general agreement on human origins and the provenance of human migrations, from Africa à Eurasia à the New World. That is because, among working geneticists and archaeologists, there is no longer any disagreement on this last question.

http://quillette.com/2017/10/29/postmodern-creationism-academia-evergreen-matters/

the only racist person here is the Singer, period.

Since when can a singer (that nobody I know has ever heard of) make demands that literally change the demographics of the crowd, and then kick you out if you don't like it?

It's 2017, correct?

I think the going answer is "don't be such a cry baby about one person getting kicked out of a concert, I swear these conservatives are pussies" or something.

Seems like it was resolved appropriately. The artist removed the individual and the concert supported the artist's action and distanced themselves from the individual.

What am I missing here?
A brain apparently.

Back