Cancer Survivor Asked to Cover His Face While Dining at Forks Pit Stop

I feel sorry for the guy, but he could have done plastic surgery to look normal. The issue is children. Small kids get terrified when looking at someone like that. They don't really understand what they are looking at. The parents get upset. Yeah, the guy looks pretty 'creepy' and had I been in his shoes I would have gotten surgery. I think he enjoys some of the attention he gets.

Would people please stop with this “oh, the children” shit? It’s not that. But nobody wants to see some nasty face while eating, which is why I never take any of your mom’s out to dinner.

Kids need to see shit like this so they're not sheltered from the harsh realities of the world. If you leave the restaurant or have him kicked out cuz he has a scary face, you're not only turning your kids into pussies, you're missing out on an opportunity to teach them about compassion. He has an ugly face, so what, it's not like he's a child molester or anyone's in any form of danger.

As far the owner, he was a total dick. Imagine being turned away because of something you had no control over

Kids need to see shit like this so they're not sheltered from the harsh realities of the world. If you leave the restaurant or have him kicked out cuz he has a scary face, you're not only turning your kids into pussies, you're missing out on an opportunity to teach them about compassion. He has an ugly face, so what, it's not like he's a child molester or anyone's in any form of danger.

As far the owner, he was a total dick. Imagine being turned away because of something you had no control over
You're absolutely right

2k6yq2.jpg

i've been in that spot where a person with a pretty horrid deformity or damage was at the next table.

I would have never asked the person to cover up or leave as I realized it was my problem and not there's. So instead I left the restaurant and went somewhere else with my date, which then became the restaurants problem as they were losing revenue and I am sure our table was not the only one.

Tough spot as the disfigured person gets the least blame here but still...

Are you really that delicate?

I can watch an eye being dissected on a giant screen while chomping away without a care in the world.
People are different. Surprise on a planet of billions.

I cannot even watch a needle piercing skin without looking away. Ya Im a pussy in that regard. The guy I mention above was missing an eye and the cavity was pretty raw.

People are different. Surprise on a planet of billions.

I cannot even watch a needle piercing skin without looking away. Ya Im a pussy in that regard. The guy I mention above was missing an eye and the cavity was pretty raw.
I wasn't challenging that some are "different." Not everyone has what it takes to be a medical provider-- that's for sure.

You guys are delicate. I get it. I'm just surprised so many are this way. It's probably a good thing for y'all you didn't live in post-WWII America.

I wasn't challenging that some are "different." Not everyone has what it takes to be a medical provider-- that's for sure.

You guys are delicate. I get it. I'm just surprised so many are this way. It's probably a good thing for y'all you didn't live in post-WWII America.
oh ya in that regard I am definitely a puss in those areas. I can jump out of a plane, Rock climb, bungee jump, extreme mountain bike ride, scuba dive, drive at extreme speeds and have no fear of trying most adventure stuff even as a novice. But I cannot watch any medical show without covering my eyes and don't even like hearing about that stuff. And i certainly cannot look at it and eat.

That shit is gross.

I can watch an eye being dissected on a giant screen while chomping away without a care in the world.
Tbf, you're a mad mick.

It was a buffet when I was in college. Hell no I'm not filling up on some shit that homeboy was just oozing in.

Seems like he'd want to cover up a missing eye and missing nose on his own.

I feel bad for the guy, but come on. I saw a person with oozing burn scars all over their face at a restaurant once and I straight up lost my appetite and didn't eat there.
I feel sorry for the guy, but he could have done plastic surgery to look normal. The issue is children. Small kids get terrified when looking at someone like that. They don't really understand what they are looking at. The parents get upset. Yeah, the guy looks pretty 'creepy' and had I been in his shoes I would have gotten surgery. I think he enjoys some of the attention he gets.
If I had such a deformity I would pretty much always wear a mask of some sort of mask.

If I had such a deformity I would pretty much always wear a mask of some sort of mask.
Shit, just sunglasses and some sort of prosthetic would be pretty easy. I understand you can't really eat with a full mask on but fucking anything to not draw attention to yourself would be better than just letting jagged holes in your face hang out in the breeze.

I'd become a super villain.
I don't think I'd take it that far.
Shit, just sunglasses and some sort of prosthetic would be pretty easy. I understand you can't really eat with a full mask on but fucking anything to not draw attention to yourself would be better than just letting jagged holes in your face hang out in the breeze.
I was thinking some sort of half mask that would cover the eyes and nose but not the mouth but that's probably more subtle and thus a better idea. But yeah anything is better than nothing. Feel bad for the guy but it really is a gruesome sight.

Good lord! Sorry, but that's just fuckin disgusting. I feel bad thinking that way, but damn that is like zombie gross.

I feel the same way. These things won't stop me from enjoying a good meal.

Like 60% of you guys that posted in this thread are douchebags. If your tummy would feel funny seeing this guy you need a cup of concrete. If you are so concerned about 'the children' like you are Ned Flander's wife, keep yours homeschooled and not allowed out to see the world's horrors.

The guy was trying to eat at a fucking gas station. He wasn't doing show and tell at the elementary school cafeteria.

You fucking softcocks

Surgery is expensive. He may or may not have health insurance that covers it. He may have lost his eye and nose 40 years ago when plastic surgery wasn't a thing. We don't know, so playing it off as if he could just up and get plastic surgery is kind of silly.

But the children!!!!!1112~!!@~

Back