Canelo alvarez open workout for GGG rematch

Looking alot smaller. On purpose to be faster and better cardio? Or was he on the juice after all?

Anyway always cool to see training clips like this.

@Sano @shincheckin @YoungCashMoney @Sinister

I never liked seeing Canelo's training videos. They always seem lazy to me. Obv I dont know what other training he has done that day/week but he always takes alot of breaks and seems constantly tired.

In the ring he has great technical ability and power...and obv he managed 12 rounds with GGG just fine so I guess Im missing something.

I never liked seeing Canelo's training videos. They always seem lazy to me. Obv I dont know what other training he has done that day/week but he always takes alot of breaks and seems constantly tired.

In the ring he has great technical ability and power...and obv he managed 12 rounds with GGG just fine so I guess Im missing something.

I think they only put up clips of him "dialing in" his power shots / drilling combinations or technique.

Most pro boxers dont go all out or show their hardest work on camera.

I doubt floyd mayweather only goes as light on the bag and pads that we see in his videos.

Looking alot smaller. On purpose to be faster and better cardio? Or was he on the juice after all?

canelo is on the juice, just like everyone is on the juice. Like nate diaz said, theyre all on steroids. Its 100% true IMO. Its there in all sports at a high/pro level, and even more so in combat sports.

when we say "on" sterids, what do we mean by that? That they are currently taking steroids? Or maybe they did a cycle a few years ago and were never caught? The changes that steroids make to your body are permanent, so someone who did steroids 3 years ago, still is going to have a advantage today. I think its safe to say that the majority of the guys have done steroids at one point. I think mayweather is/was on them, as well as pacquiao. Mayweather has enough money to pay the guys testing his urine for steroids to drink it instead and say he passed lol. Seriously though, guys like mayweather have enough money to see top level doctors and scientists which makes it easy to get away with it. Has anyone watched the documentary icarus? its very good and a huge eye opener to whats going on.

I don't think the "juicing" scandal was about steroids. See, this is a business and business is entertainment. Selling tickets and making money. So Canelo's people always wanted the fight to take place on the true Mexican Independence Day. Problem was they were in an ironclad contract for May 5th. Well, there's only so many ways out of that to push the fight back to September. Bing bang boom, failed drug test. Suddenly not only is the fight off but it's more interesting. What was really suspect was that the NVSAC imposed a suspension that was only 2 months. Ending when? September, freeing up the original desired time frame. Then suddenly Canelo takes a hair test and that comes back clean.

Smells like circus sideshow bullshit to me.

As for my thoughts on the fight, here:

Yeah. But why is he like half the size?

Half the size? He was allegedly using clen, a cutting agent. If he's smaller he's MORE likely using it, not less

I still wouldnt doubt that canelo has used steroids at one point in his lifetime.

I wouldn't either

Half the size? He was allegedly using clen, a cutting agent. If he's smaller he's MORE likely using it, not less

But its not just a cutting agent. Its also often used as a masking agent. No?

How is it even possible to get caught for peds when you are a high paid top boxer. I find that very strange.

you guys all really need to watch that Icarus documentary!

Will watch it tonight after training

yeah man its a great film, huge eye opener, I feel with my medical background and training, its pretty easy for me to spot guys that I at least think are on steroids, and yeah, they are all on steroids, mayweather accused pac of steroids, truth be told they are both on them. o_O

Clen helps preserve muscle when cutting. Why would anyone take peds to lose muscle

I used clen numerous times and believe me it wont make you bigger lol. And no, steroids actually wont make much difference. If you dont believe me try them. Low dose testosterone, clen, maybe some anavar and tbol or eq will help but other things are shit. Best things for boxers are high dose caffeine, maybe some ephedrine, EPO, injectable b12... But as far se roids i would use only 250-500mg test and eq. Clen is good but vlen is one of those things that wont make any fucking difference in a fight. It only speeds up metabolism by 5% so you lose some weight if you diet right and its anti catabolic so xou don't lose muscle mass.
And no i dont like canelo. Ggg is my guy. But just wanted to clear some things up as i was in all that steroid game for a long time because i was stupid ass bodybuilder lol i am so glad i lost most of my muscle and became a boxer

Clen helps preserve muscle when cutting. Why would anyone take peds to lose muscle

I don't think I said anything about losing muscle. I was responding to "half the size" ...Clen isn't going to make one bigger.

But its not just a cutting agent. Its also often used as a masking agent. No?

How is it even possible to get caught for peds when you are a high paid top boxer. I find that very strange.

No, it's a cutting agent with a weak anabolic effect, it's not going to help as a masking agent, long term usage can cause damage to the heart.........as a PED I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, not sure but I think they still use it in Mexico on cows<Lmaoo>.....most places banned it....

yeah man its a great film, huge eye opener, I feel with my medical background and training, its pretty easy for me to spot guys that I at least think are on steroids, and yeah, they are all on steroids, mayweather accused pac of steroids, truth be told they are both on them. o_O

There's different levels to this of course. A lot of guys are on test during camp just for recovery and balancing of levels. That makes the difference between someone who can train hard 4-5 times a week or someone who can train hard 12-14 times a week. It's that big.

But when you have science experiments like GSP crying publicly when very few of his opponents can afford to do what he was doing it does rub me the wrong way.

Yeah i watched it on Netflix yesterday. Good documentary. The first half was very interesting. The 2nd half was also good. But a bit too much spy movie and anti russian..

Its clear that peds is in every nation on the highest levels like the olympics and other top paid sporting events..

Hell, even that crossfit cults got more peds then clean. I saw a bit of a crossfit games documentary on Netflix. Welcome to juice and hgh city.

There's different levels to this of course. A lot of guys are on test during camp just for recovery and balancing of levels. That makes the difference between someone who can train hard 4-5 times a week or someone who can train hard 12-14 times a week. It's that big.

But when you have science experiments like GSP crying publicly when very few of his opponents can afford to do what he was doing it does rub me the wrong way.

yeah my point is basically that in the professional sports world everyone is "on" them. And when I say "on" them, I mean they have used/tried them at some point in their life/career.

Yeah i watched it on Netflix yesterday. Good documentary. The first half was very interesting. The 2nd half was also good. But a bit too much spy movie and anti russian..

Its clear that peds is in every nation on the highest levels like the olympics and other top paid sporting events..

Hell, even that crossfit cults got more peds then clean. I saw a bit of a crossfit games documentary on Netflix. Welcome to juice and hgh city.

<Lmaoo>

steroids-everywhere.jpg

I don't think the "juicing" scandal was about steroids. See, this is a business and business is entertainment. Selling tickets and making money. So Canelo's people always wanted the fight to take place on the true Mexican Independence Day. Problem was they were in an ironclad contract for May 5th. Well, there's only so many ways out of that to push the fight back to September. Bing bang boom, failed drug test. Suddenly not only is the fight off but it's more interesting. What was really suspect was that the NVSAC imposed a suspension that was only 2 months. Ending when? September, freeing up the original desired time frame. Then suddenly Canelo takes a hair test and that comes back clean.

Smells like circus sideshow bullshit to me.

As for my thoughts on the fight, here:

That is an absurd thought process

If Canelos people always wanted the fight on a set date, then why would they sign up to the fight on a different date ? The would negotiate for the date they wanted. Lets not forget GGG also is in it for the money so im sure he wouldn't be overly fussed about a September date if it meant more millions

To think Canelos team signed up to a certain date, but secretly wanting a different date, and then thought, hey lets tarnish our fighters legacy and everything he has done in the past and will do in the future by having him get caught for steroids

Crazy thinking

He's off the juice -- what he was on allowed him to cut weight easier and not lose that muscle.

To think otherwise means

1. you're naive

2. a canelo nutthugger

That is an absurd thought process

If Canelos people always wanted the fight on a set date, then why would they sign up to the fight on a different date ? The would negotiate for the date they wanted. Lets not forget GGG also is in it for the money so im sure he wouldn't be overly fussed about a September date if it meant more millions

To think Canelos team signed up to a certain date, but secretly wanting a different date, and then thought, hey lets tarnish our fighters legacy and everything he has done in the past and will do in the future by having him get caught for steroids

Crazy thinking

I don't think you understand how promotional companies work. The athletes DO NOT decide the fight date, the Company does. Promotional Companies in Boxing are like record companies are to musicians. Keep in mind that once upon a time Don King straight up emptied MIKE TYSON'S bank account. Mike Tyson then beat Don King's ass in the parking lot at Caesar's Palace, but he DID NOT get that money back. Keep in-mind that Manny Pacquiao was sued by Bob Arum for accepting a briefcase full of money to sign a contract with Golden Boy WHILE under contract with Top Rank, and ended up having to give MORE of his money to Top Rank. Keep in mind that Floyd Mayweather Jr. had an outright bitch of a time not only getting away from Top Rank, but even ever doing business with Arum again.

The prospect of making millions doesn't always dictate the terms. Much of this, at the highest levels, is about control of HOW the money is made.

When you sign a contract at that level to fulfill a certain amount of fight dates BY a certain time, or on a certain time, there's no re-negotiating or outright refusing to do it without getting into massive legal trouble. As I said, there are only a few ways out of those situations that don't involve shitloads of money in litigation and freezing of contracts (something of this nature kept Andre Ward out of the ring for 2 years). One of the most sure-fire ways out is a failed drug test. That basically voids everything. And, this drummed up a ton of drama for the fight that didn't previously exist. It gave them something to sell, because otherwise what were we getting for our money? Golovkin seemed lukewarm, and Canelo skilled but lazy. I don't necessarily agree with those assessments but that's the consensus. There wasn't much intrigue until suddenly Canelo is DEFINITELY made a villain by being a dirty cheater. Which, BTW, is not actually tarnishing his legacy because he was exonerated of that (which I'll mention again in a moment) and once again, IT WAS NOT A STEROID. Which people like you also don't get.

Now, I honestly don't give a fuck how crazy you think that sounds, but I'll say this: what's absolutely idiotic is believing that a guy failed a piss test and then PASSED A HAIR TEST. That is just absurd and makes zero sense in any way.

Last edited:
Back