Canelo alvarez open workout for GGG rematch

I don't think you understand how promotional companies work. The athletes DO NOT decide the fight date, the Company does. Promotional Companies in Boxing are like record companies are to musicians. Keep in mind that once upon a time Don King straight up emptied MIKE TYSON'S bank account. Mike Tyson then beat Don King's ass in the parking lot at Caesar's Palace, but he DID NOT get that money back. Keep in-mind that Manny Pacquiao was sued by Bob Arum for accepting a briefcase full of money to sign a contract with Golden Boy WHILE under contract with Top Rank, and ended up having to give MORE of his money to Top Rank. Keep in mind that Floyd Mayweather Jr. had an outright bitch of a time not only getting away from Top Rank, but even ever doing business with Arum again.

The prospect of making millions doesn't always dictate the terms. Much of this, at the highest levels, is about control of HOW the money is made.

When you sign a contract at that level to fulfill a certain amount of fight dates BY a certain time, or on a certain time, there's no re-negotiating or outright refusing to do it without getting into massive legal trouble. As I said, there are only a few ways out of those situations that don't involve shitloads of money in litigation and freezing of contracts (something of this nature kept Andre Ward out of the ring for 2 years). One of the most sure-fire ways out is a failed drug test. That basically voids everything. And, this drummed up a ton of drama for the fight that didn't previously exist. It gave them something to sell, because otherwise what were we getting for our money? Golovkin seemed lukewarm, and Canelo skilled but lazy. I don't necessarily agree with those assessments but that's the consensus. There wasn't much intrigue until suddenly Canelo is DEFINITELY made a villain by being a dirty cheater. Which, BTW, is not actually tarnishing his legacy because he was exonerated of that (which I'll mention again in a moment) and once again, IT WAS NOT A STEROID. Which people like you also don't get.

Now, I honestly don't give a fuck how crazy you think that sounds, but I'll say this: what's absolutely idiotic is believing that a guy failed a piss test and then PASSED A HAIR TEST. That is just absurd and makes zero sense in any way.

What lol

So youre saying the athletes dont decide but the promotional company decides when the fight takes place ? So you mean Oscar de la hoya and GGG ?, you think ODLH doesnt want the most money possible for the fight ? If everyone knew the way to get the most money from the fight was on mexican independence day, then obviously they would book it then. Everyone one is on the same page here when it comes to money, ODLH, GGG and Canelo all want the most money. The fact it was booked on a different date shows this was a non issue

Actually was tonnes of intrigue in a rematch, seems though it ended controversially and caused fans on either side to be upset and stand and staunchly behind their fighter, fans are way more invested in this rematch now than the first fight as the first fight caused such a strong divide in opinion of who won. Canelo was already the villian without the steroids as it was seen as ODLH had rigged the judges in his favor

Im well aware of what clen is thankyou very much, but the obvious train of thought is if hes willing to take clen then hes willing to take everything else, which is why he is now labelled a steroid cheat.

So again, to seriously believe his management team plotted to have the world think of him as a steroid cheat and dimish all prior and future accomplishments and forever tarnish his legacy, just so they could change a date they all already happily agreed on for a couple extra million bucks is DUMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

I don't know how this turned into a doping thread but thanks for the vid!

I don't think you understand how promotional companies work. The athletes DO NOT decide the fight date, the Company does. Promotional Companies in Boxing are like record companies are to musicians. Keep in mind that once upon a time Don King straight up emptied MIKE TYSON'S bank account. Mike Tyson then beat Don King's ass in the parking lot at Caesar's Palace, but he DID NOT get that money back. Keep in-mind that Manny Pacquiao was sued by Bob Arum for accepting a briefcase full of money to sign a contract with Golden Boy WHILE under contract with Top Rank, and ended up having to give MORE of his money to Top Rank. Keep in mind that Floyd Mayweather Jr. had an outright bitch of a time not only getting away from Top Rank, but even ever doing business with Arum again.

The prospect of making millions doesn't always dictate the terms. Much of this, at the highest levels, is about control of HOW the money is made.

When you sign a contract at that level to fulfill a certain amount of fight dates BY a certain time, or on a certain time, there's no re-negotiating or outright refusing to do it without getting into massive legal trouble. As I said, there are only a few ways out of those situations that don't involve shitloads of money in litigation and freezing of contracts (something of this nature kept Andre Ward out of the ring for 2 years). One of the most sure-fire ways out is a failed drug test. That basically voids everything. And, this drummed up a ton of drama for the fight that didn't previously exist. It gave them something to sell, because otherwise what were we getting for our money? Golovkin seemed lukewarm, and Canelo skilled but lazy. I don't necessarily agree with those assessments but that's the consensus. There wasn't much intrigue until suddenly Canelo is DEFINITELY made a villain by being a dirty cheater. Which, BTW, is not actually tarnishing his legacy because he was exonerated of that (which I'll mention again in a moment) and once again, IT WAS NOT A STEROID. Which people like you also don't get.

Now, I honestly don't give a fuck how crazy you think that sounds, but I'll say this: what's absolutely idiotic is believing that a guy failed a piss test and then PASSED A HAIR TEST. That is just absurd and makes zero sense in any way.

can you update me or link me to him being retested again or what not? I only heard of him testing positive for steroids a while back, and didnt think much of it or look into it any further.

aside from that

Whats your thought on their rematch? Who do you think will win? Who would you like to win? For myself, im not a GGG hater, just more of a Canelo fan. He won me over with this speech

I regularly smoke weed and heavy users, it remains in the system for months. I stopped for 2 weeks and shaved so the hair they would test would be clean, freshly grown hair, passed no problem.

Sure, but the whole tone of that article was "yeah, just kidding about that whole clen thing."

Back