Canelo Alvarez suspended six months for positive drug tests for clenbuterol

Might be a stupid question but does anyone know if this ban is retroactive back to his positive results? If so we're conveniently still on track for September. Not complaining, btw.

I'm not saying false positives don't exist, not at all.

they dont exist.

this was not a false positive. a false positive suggests analysis finds something that isnt actually there. that is not possible.

the clenbuterol was 1000000% present. that is not a false positive,.

So you're saying that there's no such thing as a false positive despite the fact that the actual doctors and scientists who work for anti-doping agencies recognize their existence and specifically have an appeals and exoneration policy to deal with false positives?

show me a single peice of evidence of a single doctor working for an anti doping agency admitting false positives exist?

false positive, would involve analysis detecting something that isnt actually present..

just because something has an explanation, or a reason, does not make it a false positive.

*(im not sure you actuallyt know what the phrase false positive means)

You clearly haven’t .....
Okay... thanks for your input

P34xJKD.gif

Might be a stupid question but does anyone know if this ban is retroactive back to his positive results? If so we're conveniently still on track for September. Not complaining, btw.

It's retroactive. The September rematch looks like it won't have anything impeding it.

they dont exist.

this was not a false positive. a false positive suggests analysis finds something that isnt actually there. that is not possible.

show me a single peice of evidence of a single doctor working for an anti doping agency admitting false positives exist?

false positive, would involve analysis detecting something that isnt actually present..

just because something has an explanation, or a reason, does not make it a false positive.

It's pretty clear what he meant (not a false positive, but a positive test with extenuating circumstances).

they dont exist.

I didn't even bring up false positives, that guy did. I only said I didn't mention them.

It's pretty clear what he meant (not a false positive, but a positive test with extenuating circumstances).

that is not a false positive

"contaminated meat". What, the chicken was cutting when it got killed lol?

It wouldn't really be huge. Saunders doesn't have a considerable following in the UK and it's not a particularly interesting fight.

Clearly you're not a boxing fan, Saunders is the undefeated WBO middleweight champion 26-0, wins over Chris Eubanks Jr, Andy Lee, David Lemieux... Gennady holds the rest of the belts and already beat Danny Jacobs and Draw with Canelo which clearly GGG won. This fight is by far the most exciting match up for Gennady when you think about what's on the line. 2 undefeated champions both with multiple defenses. I'd rather see GGG fight the only other champion in his division than fight another super welterweight moving up in weight or rather than Gennady moving up to super middleweight. I don't need a bunch of trash talk and american media bullshit to get excited for a fight between 2 champions.

Clearly you're not a boxing fan, Saunders is the undefeated WBO middleweight champion 26-0, wins over Chris Eubanks Jr, Andy Lee, David Lemieux... Gennady holds the rest of the belts and already beat Danny Jacobs and Draw with Canelo which clearly GGG won. This fight is by far the most exciting match up for Gennady when you think about what's on the line. 2 undefeated champions both with multiple defenses. I'd rather see GGG fight the only other champion in his division than fight another super welterweight moving up in weight or rather than Gennady moving up to super middleweight.

Yeah, I don't really follow the sport. Thanks for info!

Six month suspension but he is NOT currently enrolled in the WBC clean boxing program(mandatory for champs and any wbc fighter ranked in the top 15)so he is NOT subject to any testing at all until the suspension is up and he has a fight signed.

Meaning he has until September to juice himself to the fucking gills with no fear of any testing whatsoever.

For Clenelo Alvaroids taco tuesday is every day.

6 months isn't bad at all.

Do we actually know the amounts found in both samples? I have only heard his promoter say trace amounts.. does anybody have a SOURCE indicating otherwise?

Do we actually know the amounts found in both samples? I have only heard his promoter say trace amounts.. does anybody have a SOURCE indicating otherwise?

The first test was .8 ng/ml. Anything under 1 ng/ml can be considered to be consistent with meat contamination as per WADA. The amounts were consistent with contamination. The big question is whether or not you think someone with Canelo's resources (and with the awareness of the fact that Mexican beef is often contaminated with clenbuterol) would risk eating contaminated beef when he knew that he could have been randomly tested.

6 months isn't bad at all.

its quite good because well coincedentally never hear about tainted mexican clenbuterol meat again because the mexican ped cheats are all going to stop taking clenbuterol

its really that simple and we can thank the nsac for that

I'm not surprised. It should have been 12 months. He's a cheater. He lost a fan. :(

The first test was .8 ng/ml. Anything under 1 ng/ml can be considered to be consistent with meat contamination as per WADA. The amounts were consistent with contamination. The big question is whether or not you think someone with Canelo's resources (and with the awareness of the fact that Mexican beef is often contaminated with clenbuterol) would risk eating contaminated beef when he knew that he could have been randomly tested.
Do we know what the second test was? Who releases the numbers you just said?

Honestly I dont want to speculate but I have been a fan for too long to be so naive.

Back