Canelo Alvarez suspended six months for positive drug tests for clenbuterol

that's not how it works, though.

you fail a doping test, we get to assume you're a doper. it could be tainted meat, tainted supplements, the opposite camp sitcking you with a dirty needle, or an all powerful deity reaching down and elevating your clen levels. it could be any of that. it's probably not, though.

i might be in minority here but i like to assume everyone is clean until they piss hot. then i assume they're dirty, no matter how stupid their excuse.

yes, i suspected canelo was on peds but never mentioned it, never even insinuated it

now that canelo has tested positive....ped cheat...testosterone, hgh, anything is possilbe and in all likelihoood probable

Sure it has. Its been used like any other PED for years.

clenbuterol has been used like any other PED for years and believed to be a ped by everyone.

that is until canelo got caught

now, to some completely clueless people, its just some benign weight loss product that would have no affect on a fighters performance

If Canelo wants to prove everyone wrong he should be enrolled in VADA right now until the fight in September. Then if he beats Golovkin, anyone criticizing him will have a lot less to go on.

Sure it has. Its been used like any other PED for years.
No it hasn't. Erik Morales fought after a positive Clen test. So did Francisco Vargas. Both fights were on HBO and showtime. Big fights.

I love how @JayE is always talking about the levels found so as a matter of factly but when hes asked point blank several times to provide a source he leaves

Thanks for the reply, but where are you getting those numbers for the second test???
You can't put 3 words into google?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/3/...-steroids-ng-ml-ggg-vada-wada-ped-failed-test
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez gave two samples to the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA), one on February 17th and one on February 20th. Both samples tested positive for clenbuterol. ESPN posted the letter sent by VADA, which stated Canelo’s Feb 17th sample came back with 0.6-0.8 ng/ml of clenbuterol, and the Feb 20th sample came back with 0.06-0.08 ng/ml of clenbuterol

You can't put 3 words into google?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/3/...-steroids-ng-ml-ggg-vada-wada-ped-failed-test
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez gave two samples to the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA), one on February 17th and one on February 20th. Both samples tested positive for clenbuterol. ESPN posted the letter sent by VADA, which stated Canelo’s Feb 17th sample came back with 0.6-0.8 ng/ml of clenbuterol, and the Feb 20th sample came back with 0.06-0.08 ng/ml of clenbuterol
Lmao I SWEAR I searched multiple times trying to find that information...

@JayE pology assepted bro

If Canelo wants to prove everyone wrong he should be enrolled in VADA right now until the fight in September. Then if he beats Golovkin, anyone criticizing him will have a lot less to go on.
Or he could just fight and win convincingly and all will be forgotten but by salty hardcore fans

Or he could just fight and win convincingly and all will be forgotten but by salty hardcore fans
considering he isn't going to be tested while he's suspended, his victory will be tainted, and not just in the eyes of salty fans either.

dude failed a doping test and was given 6 months more to dope. yes i'm sure he's going to be as clean as a whistle next time around, yes sir!

He failed two tests so there's a question mark there. Even fringe fans have been talking about him failing a test. It's out there.

He can do whatever the fuck he wants to, but the truth is, it would be to his benefit if he enrolls in VADA and then wins convincingly (if that's how it all plays out).

There's not much to dispute there.

He failed two tests so there's a question mark there. Even fringe fans have been talking about him failing a test. It's out there.

He can do whatever the fuck he wants to, but the truth is, it would be to his benefit if he enrolls in VADA and then wins convincingly (if that's how it all plays out).

There's not much to dispute there.
Sure there is history has shown that a great performance , casuals will forget or forgive.

It's debatable if its to his benefit
Factor in cost (total cost) vs return , historically he would be losing out if he financially invested in a clean act program

People talk most, in Mexico those that are not your 10 percent haters and 10 percent fanatics,
Aka casuals talk about it in light jokes
That's the reality, be it fair or not, guy in Mexico can get away with things just like JCC has done

I love how @JayE is always talking about the levels found so as a matter of factly but when hes asked point blank several times to provide a source he leaves

giphy.gif

considering he isn't going to be tested while he's suspended, his victory will be tainted, and not just in the eyes of salty fans either.

dude failed a doping test and was given 6 months more to dope. yes i'm sure he's going to be as clean as a whistle next time around, yes sir!
Nah, people don't hold a guy to that standard forever. Most people don't recall Roys failed drug test.

If he fails a drug test again, then sure but one time doesn't define a legacy.

that's not how it works, though.

you fail a doping test, we get to assume you're a doper. it could be tainted meat, tainted supplements, the opposite camp sitcking you with a dirty needle, or an all powerful deity reaching down and elevating your clen levels. it could be any of that. it's probably not, though.

i might be in minority here but i like to assume everyone is clean until they piss hot. then i assume they're dirty, no matter how stupid their excuse.

This post proves by your own admission that you are assuming. So you're stupid opinions are invalid. As it doesn't matter what you think. But, yes. You are free to think of whatever you like.

<LikeReally5> We all know what happens when you assume.

I think this is the wrong attitude. We should be strengthening anti-doping in boxing not just shrugging off positive tests. Despite any previous precedents, coming from a particular region shouldn't exempt you from the rules, the onus is on you to vet everything you're consuming. Especially when the athlete is going so long between tests.

Sure there is history has shown that a great performance , casuals will forget or forgive.

It's debatable if its to his benefit
Factor in cost (total cost) vs return , historically he would be losing out if he financially invested in a clean act program

People talk most, in Mexico those that are not your 10 percent haters and 10 percent fanatics,
Aka casuals talk about it in light jokes
That's the reality, be it fair or not, guy in Mexico can get away with things just like JCC has done
Factor in the cost? This guy is making tens of millions off the fans so I don't think you can make that argument. Not only the fans, but the opponents, deserve stringent testing. Hopefully at some point all champs and ranked contenders are enrolled in year-round testing.

This post proves by your own admission that you are assuming. So you're stupid opinions are invalid. As it doesn't matter what you think. But, yes. You are free to think of whatever you like.

<LikeReally5> We all know what happens when you assume.
That erratic person that looks like he might be violent doesn't kill you when you go inside and lock the door? :D

Back