Canelo: "Any younger/Stronger Boxer would've finished Conor in 5 rounds or Less"

Did everyone forget the scorecards of Canelo vs. Mayweather ?

BIG-SCORECARD-730.jpg
Yah, no one pays attention to boxing judges anymore. How can one judge have it 117-111 and another 114-119?

Conor would sleep Canelo. He gets hit often.
OMG you're a nuthugger. Candelo has a solid chin and the nuthuggers have yet to realize that Connor's mysterious power isn't there with 8 and 10" gloves.
1) he has to connect on Canelo cheanly and often which he can't do with a professional boxer of this caliber
2) boxers can take a punch far better than you think
3) brawling with Canelo would be a stupid mistake

OMG you're a nuthugger. Candelo has a solid chin and the nuthuggers have yet to realize that Connor's mysterious power isn't there with 8 and 10" gloves.
1) he has to connect on Canelo cheanly and often which he can't do with a professional boxer of this caliber
2) boxers can take a punch far better than you think
3) brawling with Canelo would be a stupid mistake
I agree on most fronts, def don't think Conor would KO Canelo, but I do think based on styles he would eat him up for the first half then tire. It would look like Khan x Nelo, in my view. Conor is a tko artist, not a KO artist, and when you fight boxing, you need to be a KO artist as you get a standing eight.

Conor is not a boxer so why we even debating this. Conor has not got the experience to be going in there against the top boxers right now. If he started off as a boxer, he would be in that top 5, i have no doubt.

"Floyd merely choose a game plan where he let Connor punch himself out for several rounds". Rinse and repeat what everyone else is saying. It just doesn't add up though. No one ever has a game plan to swing at air and get hit with potentially fight ending shots. Sure he might have wanted conor to gas but he surly didn't want to get hit and surely didn't want to swing at air.

He is one of the most successful boxers of all time and arguably the best defensive boxer ever. As a result I will differ to his game plan and knowledge on the sport. After all he is undefeated. He knew what he was doing and Connor hit him with an uppercut and he walked right through it. He made it easy for himself that night. He is the one taking the risks not me so who am I to question what he is capable of. Same goes for a bunch of guys on the internet who can't box at all?

He could have ended it faster if he wanted to but he chose the path that he did. Connor wasn't knocking him out. MMA fans and Nuthuggers think Connor knock out anyone he touches with the left. Not a pro boxer with boxing gloves on. Sorry ain't gonna happen.

The boxing guys were saying it long ago. Handling 200 punches will wear down anyone and then comes the knockout. Something Connor obviously did plan for.

Again Floyd is undefeated and he knew what he was doing. The guys on the internet don't. If they did they would be in there winning fights and knocking people out

Floyd and Conor would have made just as much for an MMA fight, so long as it was outside of the UFC umbrella. That's really the only reason there is a difference.

Even assuming that to be true, why would a boxer try to learn a whole new different sport for the SAME amount of money.

Conor went to boxing because it paid him money he would never ever see in the UFC.

OK, name ONE other fight that Floyd has fought anything like that. And while you are at it name a few credible people that argue Floyd is the best to ever do it

I believe you don't actually watch much Boxing. You don't seem to know Floyds style's of Boxing and pretty much no real Boxing fan says Floyd is arguable the best to ever do it. SRR is
I never said he was the best to ever do It. I said he is arguably the best to ever do It. He is absolutely In the argument and there are very few public figures / fighters In the boxing community that would not agree with you. The fact that you said he's a top 15 all time great, It exposes you as one of the biggest fools you can possibly be In this sport.

No real boxing fan says Floyd is arguably the goat? So a real boxing fan says hes top 15. Please, you are a casual.

I've been watching and training boxing for over 10 years. My old trainer fought Floyd when he was still a young up and comer..I've been a huge fan of his for a long time.

Floyd was also 40, he left a lot of openings In his defence early on that he normally wouldn't as his best self. It doesn't change the fact that he was playing It relatively safe early and sniping the body. Opening up more as the fight goes on, knowing those body shots will be sapping a lot from Conor's conditioning.

He switched up his style a lot this fight and he even said so himself. You could argue he didn't respect his power as much as previous opponents

conor did better for the first 5 rounds against floyd than CANelo did. the results show that conor is just as good of a 5 round boxer as CANelo, everything else is just opinion

You don't know shit about fighting...GTFO kid.

Canelo would kill Conor..You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it.

These are the truest words I ever heard.

The other guy was also saying that Canelo will finish him in 4 rounds...Canelo said "not even that much", so I guess Canelo thinks he can beat em in 2 or 3 rounds lol.

Why do all you newbies who know nothing about boxing and only hear to hate on Conor, use other people's opinions and not you're own?

Oh, that's right, because you know nothing about boxing!

Come on dude! In the other thread you started you claimed to be a fan, then said straight after that Connor gassed because of a body shot lol lol lol

You don't know shit about fighting...GTFO kid.

Canelo would kill Conor..You know it, I know it, the whole world knows it.

LOL lol says the man who said Conor gassed because of a body shot!20170831_215059.png

You probably dont even know who Canelo is lol...stop posting...it causes aids.

I think youve seen the examples. Google before you post.

Clearly, so is conor.

The dumbasses dont know this because they dont follow boxing.
I was shocked when i saw that...floyd never fights like that. He had no respect for conor or his power.

Weve been hearing that for years yet boxing is still here. And boxers make ALOT more than MMA fighters...plus, because youre sort of an idiot, you dont realize the demographics (google the word) boxing vs UFC reaches. Therein lies the answer of why boxing my never die..and the UFC may never take over.

AAAAND Conor got his ass beat with ease....
I cant believe this fucking place has me defending fucking mayweather.
I need leave sherdog lol

You sound like a bitchy butt hurt conor fan.
The sad part is that conor accepted his defeat and he actually fought. All you did was sit on your ass and talk shit. You didnt win any money. Youre life sucks the day before, the day of and the day after the fight nothings changed. So why are you taking it so personal?

....wait..you believed conors bullshit, didnt you?

You have to be one of the ranking dumbest members on this forum.
You REALLY think that would have made a difference?
Did you NOT see how Mayweather WAKED DOWN conor for most of the fight?
And stood in front of conor?
lol...your butthurtness is embarrassing and is stinks.
Take a shower.

lol

Yet guys like canelo, ggg STILL make more than conor.

You sure that not YOU after the fight?
Canelo doesnt seem salty...but you seem to.

Exactly.

Well, that answers everything....

This shit is REALLY bothering you isnt it?
LOL!!!

Youre soo sensitive!

And please take conors dick out of your ass...its causing you to post typos in your response here....
First off, you seem to be the one that's getting emotional. Also, where in my post did I mention Conor? That's right, I didn't. What I meant was, in MMA a straight boxer would most likely lose to a well rounded MMA fighter. Just as an MMA fighter would most likely lose to a professional Boxer. I picked Floyd to win, just like he did. Oh and thank you for letting me know how my own life is going, seeing as how you obviously know me personally. Relax fellow Sherbro, we are all here to express our opinions and talk about the sport we all enjoy watching.

Yah, no one pays attention to boxing judges anymore. How can one judge have it 117-111 and another 114-119?

Because different people value different things. For example: Certain judges value quantity and give the round to whoever landed more. Other judges value quality, so they might give the round to whoever landed the better shots. Certain judges value factors such as percentage of the punches landed and aggression. In the eyes of certain judges, pushing forwards earns you points. Others might not care about that.

Also, scoring a fight isn't nearly as easy as you might think. I've watched this fight multiple times. I watched it from one angle from the audience, and after seeing that angle my perspective changed. In certain angles, it might look like certain shots are landing. Through other angles you might see they actually didn't land. You watch certain exchanges in slow mo and you will also see that many of the shots Conor "landed" didn't actually land.

So...who knows what the fight looks like from the judges angles? They actually have a much better concept of the impact of the punches than the people who ware watching it on tv. What if just a few meters away Floyd's punches really did feel that much powerful than anything Conor was landing? That could be enough for one judge to give it to Floyd.

These are the truest words I ever heard.

The other guy was also saying that Canelo will finish him in 4 rounds...Canelo said "not even that much", so I guess Canelo thinks he can beat em in 2 or 3 rounds lol.

And ANY MMA fighter would head kick knock out or submit you in UNDER a round, so what's your point?

And ANY MMA fighter would head kick knock out or submit you in UNDER a round, so what's your point?
Lol, if Canelo had 6 months of training like Conor ,he would be a solid contender in the UFC. He would easily beat guys like Conor, Cerrone, Eddie Alvarez, Dustin Poirier etc

dude i don't give a fuck about boxing... if you're black and you like boxing because your black... thats great lol. thats a pretty dumb statement to make...we are talking about canelo he is a white mexican and he is the best boxer currently?

either way.. no one cares.. i've never enjoyed watching boxing, id buy a shit ufc card than watch a couple hours of free boxing

When the fuck did i state my nationality?
LOL...what the fuck does race have to...wait...youre one of them..
Now look whose pulling the race card!

If you died tomorrow, no one would miss you...lol

Back