Canelo-GGG deal was agreed on for weeks until GGG changed terms

Sounds like the maypac negotiations all over again. Funny thing is i bet many of the guys that are so outraged by canelos failed test also didn't want Pac to submit to mayweathers testing demands back then.

Canelo hadn't even re-enrolled in VADA yet, until that was met all was fair game and Canelo sure as hell took his sweet time from the official punishment date for his suspension of April 18th and waiting until May 15th to re-enroll.

Quick! Everyone take a side!

This is playing hard ball at the negotiation table. Is normal.

Who cares.

Just fight.

giphy.gif

"Golovkin will have to face his mandatory challenger under the International Boxing Federation, Sergiy Derevyanchenko. Canelo has options like Daniel Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders, Jermall Charlo, Gary O'Sullivan and even David Lemieux," said Gomez.

Ehh GGG won the first fight, so it wouldn't kill me not seeing it, in exchange for Canelo vs Jacobs, Charlo or Saunders.

If Golovkin's side digs in at 50/50, then they do deserve the blame in this round of negotiation. Hard to say it that has actually happened yet, though.

Every once in a while, big names do negociate before a fight is made.

I posted that a while back. That was what Oscar said from the start and people just said "but Canelo!"
If the names were switched vice versa, this thread would be 5 pages now.

If the names were switched vice versa, this thread would be 5 pages now.

Yeah, because if you can't trust a Golden Boy Promotions employee, who can you trust?

Even in his version of the story, there was no deal. A deal is a deal when you sign a contract. If a contract was signed, this would not be a story.

70-30 was a disgrace to begin with so 65-35 is a slap in the face after the first fight was close. Need to be more like 55-45 or 50/50

70-30 was a disgrace to begin with so 65-35 is a slap in the face after the first fight was close. Need to be more like 55-45 or 50/50

You think this should be a 50/50 split? Are Golovkin and Canelo comparable draws in your estimation?

You think this should be a 50/50 split? Are Golovkin and Canelo comparable draws in your estimation?
Lol of course Canelo is the A side

Back