Canelo goes back in a time machine to face GGG

ImmigrantMentality

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do y'all think a fight goes in a hypothetical situation where current Canelo goes in a time machine and faces prime GGG circa 14

For fun, how about he goes back even further to face 09 GGG where he was only 27 years old, one year younger than Canelo is today. I originally wanted to compare Canelo to a 28 year old GGG so they would be the same age exact, but I found it interesting this was the last fight before GGG started training with Abel.

27 year old eastern euro style GGG

Young Canelo would also have to have no connections to Oscar or the fight still wouldn't happen.

Tough to say if we've seen the best Canelo yet.

GGG resume at 27 wouldnt warrant a fight with 27 year Old Canelo

Look at GGG resume , it would be a mismatch in favor of Canelo

m96jjd.jpg

How do y'all think a fight goes in a hypothetical situation where current Canelo goes in a time machine and faces prime GGG circa 14

For fun, how about he goes back even further to face 09 GGG where he was only 27 years old, one year younger than Canelo is today. I originally wanted to compare Canelo to a 28 year old GGG so they would be the same age exact, but I found it interesting this was the last fight before GGG started training with Abel.

27 year old eastern euro style GGG

<36> Lol, more like look at Canelo's reume at 28 compared to Golovkin's at 28.... just lol.

Hey !! what if Canelo goes back in said time machine and helps GGG meet a better boxing coach in Robert Garcia instead of Abel Sanchez and actually improves !!

What if he had the balls to go up in weight like Canelo and fight Andre Ward !!??

<Kpop775> What if, bro !!??

Maybe Golovkin does better but he’s never exactly relied on his speed. His story has been power and timing, both attributes he still has in excess. I think current Canelo against younger Golovkin looks fairly similar.

The Canelo that moved up to fight Cotto, though, gets decisively beaten by Golovkin at the same time (possibly stopped, but Canelo has shown that putting him down is incredibly difficult, let alone stopping him). A little too small and not as much experience.

GGG resume at 27 wouldnt warrant a fight with 27 year Old Canelo

Look at GGG resume , it would be a mismatch in favor of Canelo
How bad of a beating do you think it would have been then? Honestly I don't think it would have been that bad, Golovkin wasn't a kid then and great fighters just have it, regardless of whether they've gotten their shot or not. Like Rigo and Loma capturing titles with such limited pro experience.

Maybe Golovkin does better but he’s never exactly relied on his speed. His story has been power and timing, both attributes he still has in excess. I think current Canelo against younger Golovkin looks fairly similar.

The Canelo that moved up to fight Cotto, though, gets decisively beaten by Golovkin at the same time (possibly stopped, but Canelo has shown that putting him down is incredibly difficult, let alone stopping him). A little too small and not as much experience.

Something could be said for Golovkin having better stamina in years past as fighters tend to lose their stamina a bit once they hit their mid 30s. Even if Golovkin has never been known for speed, being slightly faster and having sharper reflexes certainly wouldn't hurt. Assuming Golovkin was a bit younger, I'd probably give him a slight edge against the Canelo we saw on the weekend, but with the way they match up, it's very difficult to see anything but a close fight.

It's entirely likely that Canelo has not yet peaked. He's clearly getting better every time out, and his stamina was the best it has ever been, as well (which I think is a combination of him dropping mass, better conserving his energy, and being more mentally prepared for having a killer like Golovkin in front of him all night).

m96jjd.jpg

<36> Lol, more like look at Canelo's reume at 28 compared to Golovkin's at 28.... just lol.

Hey !! what if Canelo goes back in said time machine and helps GGG meet a better boxing coach in Robert Garcia instead of Abel Sanchez and actually improves !!

What if he had the balls to go up in weight like Canelo and fight Andre Ward !!??

<Kpop775> What if, bro !!??
You mean like Canelo moving up to 160 because he got too big for 154? I don't recall GGG cutting dangerous amounts of water weight just to face smaller fighters.

m96jjd.jpg

You mean like Canelo moving up to 160 because he got too big for 154? I don't recall GGG cutting dangerous amounts of water weight just to face smaller fighters.

{<doc} I remember GGG fighting tiny ass Kell Brook, who was actually lighting him up until his face caved in...

How bad of a beating do you think it would have been then? Honestly I don't think it would have been that bad, Golovkin wasn't a kid then and great fighters just have it, regardless of whether they've gotten their shot or not. Like Rigo and Loma capturing titles with such limited pro experience.
Perhaps but wasn't GGG at peak vs Martirosyan according to you know many who now say he is old?

m96jjd.jpg

Perhaps but wasn't GGG at peak vs Martirosyan according to you know many who now say he is old?

To be honest he hasn't been in that many wars, he steam rolled the cans he faced up until fairly recently.

Who was saying he was in his prime in that fight? I think he did what he had to do, but didn't look young, I think he got tagged pretty hard in the first round if I remember actually.

What if GGG was allowed PEDs?

What if GGG got one free punch at the end of the round?

What if they gave GGG a gun?

I guess GGG would win those fights, they seem to favor him quite well. There. We did enough mental gymnastics to give GGG the win. Overturn the results Boxrec, we have a new champion.

I don't care how many threads get made on the subject, GGG has to accept this loss, he was an active pro with plenty of proof he had plenty for anyone still, and he got beat. Lot's of fighters finally get beat late in their career, or perhaps earlier during greener days in their career like Canelo wasn't close to ready for Mayweather. I'm not trying to dismiss GGG, or his career. But dude just went neck and neck with Jacobs, had a great fight with Canelo, murdered Vanes, and then lost a close one to Canelo!

Give Canelo some fucking props instead of trying to cheapen his victory with GGG being past it, because GGG was still very capable, nothing about style changed, except maybe he dispayed the best footwork and movement he has in years against Canelo this time out, but it still wasn't enough! Canelo beat a future HOFer, and that's it!

No point to this thread, just one of the built in excuses we knew was coming.

m96jjd.jpg

{<doc} I remember GGG fighting tiny ass Kell Brook, who was actually lighting him up until his face caved in...
Kell's a weight bully just like Canelo, neither wanted to move up until it became too dangerous on their bodies. GGG took it on short notice vs Canelo getting matched up with a chinny fighter who had to eat like a pregnant woman to bulk up

m96jjd.jpg

Kell's a weight bully just like Canelo, neither wanted to move up until it became too dangerous on their bodies. GGG took it on short notice vs Canelo getting matched up with a chinny fighter who had to eat like a pregnant woman to bulk up

{<huh} Lol, Canelo is a tiny middleweight... dude Is listed at 5'8 but I've seen him in person 5'7 confirmed.!!

Back