Canelo has outsold the UFC in PPV buys this year

In 2016 five UFC PPV's hit a million+ and Boxing had none. It just depends on the timing.

In 2016 five UFC PPV's hit a million+ and Boxing had none. It just depends on the timing.
Yea and Jones, Rousey, and Conor are gone and the UFC doesnt have shit left and everyone predicted it would happen
Canelo did two ppvs that year. one against Khan that did 650k and one against Liam Smith that did 300k.
Turns right around and does 1.2m and 1.3m this year.

Boxing has 10 guys right now that are future runners of the sport.
The UFC has a big goose egg.

How's Sage doing?

You mean boxing and Mayweather has outsold the UFC and Canelo.

Mayweather vs non big drawing opposition didn't do much though, I tend to think you can spilt the PPV draw for that show pretty much down the middle.

The ironic thing is I think the UFC has moved much more to a boxing model in recent years, fewer really stacked cards and more dependence on a handful of superstars rather than consistently drawing cards as in the post TUF years,

The problem is I think the UFC has underinvested in talent for years for maximum profit, Conor fell into their laps but Rousey and Lesnar were both first brought into MMA by other orgs of a level that now largely doesn't exist. Even Bellator is run more like a mini UFC not really making big investments in new talent the way Strikeforce did.

Yea and Jones, Rousey, and Conor are gone and the UFC doesnt have shit left and everyone predicted it would happen
Canelo did two ppvs that year. one against Khan that did 650k and one against Liam Smith that did 300k.
Turns right around and does 1.2m and 1.3m this year.

Boxing has 10 guys right now that are future runners of the sport.
The UFC has a big goose egg.

How's Sage doing?
Conor isn't gone yet and name those 10 guys. Curious to see if one of them actually bring numbers.

Be sure & add GSP's numbers to that list.

He used to be good for 600k - 950k. We'll see if he still has that draw from the casualz after being away for so long. My guess is that he gets his first 7 figure numberz.

Oh yea, what's that? Putting on 10oz gloves and fighting in a ring?

Acknowledging fighters for what they are, not what their ranking says. If Perry vs Till does big numbers, which I think it does, fighters won't need to be worried about 'rankings' so much, plus it takes focus off belt ownership and fighters changing weights.

Fertitta selling wasnt obvious enough the sport was going to take a huge hit?

Acknowledging fighters for what they are, not what their ranking says. If Perry vs Till does big numbers, which I think it does, fighters won't need to be worried about 'rankings' so much, plus it takes focus off belt ownership and fighters changing weights.
Perry vs till as a main event wouldn't sell 100k ppv's.

Doesnt take way from the fact that there trash
I have been watching mma for a long time and these "trash cards" are the best cards i have ever seen in my life.

UFC 216 was amazing, top to bottom, don't try to discredit cards like that because they didn't sold a lot of PPV.
Andre Ward vs Kovevev 1 and 2 didn't sold shit and they are two of the best fighters of this era.

But you are probably one of those obnoxious boxing fans that talk trash about mma on Sherdog.
Guess what, Sherdog is an mma forum, so if you don't like mma take your little troll friend DeJulez with you and get the fuck outta here.

Yea and if a Bear had a radio in its ass, it would run through the forest playing music.

Why would it need to be in the ass? Are you just saying "ass" to make it come across as funny, because of "ass, haha!"?

Mayweather vs non big drawing opposition didn't do much though.
You mean Berto?
If Mayweather fought Berto before Manny it wouldve sold around 1m.

Mayweather fought Guerrero and did 1m. Both Maidana fights did over 900k.
Canelo wasn't a name(outside hardcores) when they fought and did 2.2m or 2.4m+
Victor Ortiz wasn't a name when him and Mayweather did 1.3m.

McGregor was built on hype and assuming he loses again. Its over.

Why would it need to be in the ass? Are you just saying "ass" to make it come across as funny, because of "ass, haha!"?
Its an old joke, for the shithead who plays the "if" game

Yeah Conor McGregor out sold Canelo and UFC combined with 1 PPV worldwide.

x infinite!

Canelo like Mcgregor has an entire nation behind him. Still, it was not enough. he needed corrupt American judges to save him from triple G. Draw LOLOLOL Yeah, and GSP beat Hendrix.

It is sad that both Canelo cards were crap (for different reasons): Chavez Jr is a bum who doesn’t take the sport seriously, and the bulls-it judging in the GGG fight marked that match with an asterisk forever (while setting up a cash-grab trilogy in the process). In the meantime, Ward-Kovalev 2 gets no promotion and flops.

Ooh, a Boxing troll. You guys haven't had an opportunity to gloat in a long time. Enjoy the fleeting success while it lasts. Boxing will eventually go back to its regular schedule of boring, low profile fights and terrible PPV numbers.

Last edited:
thats the illustrious Mexican fanbase UFC has been pining after

If they book it right, I think UFC 300 can crack a million

Back