Canelo in beastmode

He's a good boxer with quick hands but I'm generally not impressed with mitt work, however flash it is....... Give me a good sparing match etc..

Looking fast as fuck and sharp.

Man it looks so perfect it almost seems like it isn't real.

He's a good boxer with quick hands but I'm generally not impressed with mitt work, however flash it is....... Give me a good sparing match etc..

You don't think Canelo has proven himself as someone to be impressed with? You haven't seen him beat the shit out of people enough? You need to see sparring?

i saw this before but it is still entertaining to watch and i said it before and i will say it again "Canelo is a scary mf"

You don't think Canelo has proven himself as someone to be impressed with? You haven't seen him beat the shit out of people enough? You need to see sparring?

I do not find mitt work impressive, does not translate to I do not find Canelo impressive......lol!

Yes I do prefer to watch him box.........

I do not find mitt work impressive, does not translate to I do not find Canelo impressive......lol!

Yes I do prefer to watch him box.........

How do you think is part of how he got that impressive?

I would say it's a much lesser part of making him the fighter he is today......... It shows hand speed and boxing choreography.......

Kind of a non-answer. Although personally I do prefer this:

However, that could still fall under the description you used. Though repetition and pacing is essential to building a fighter.

Kind of a non-answer. Although personally I do prefer this:

However, that could still fall under the description you used. Though repetition and pacing is essential to building a fighter.

Yes it does fall under a similar description but I did say mitt work....;)

Partner drills are a huge leap forward to mitt work.......

Yes it does fall under a similar description but I did say mitt work....;)

Partner drills are a huge leap forward to mitt work.......

I just don't think it's worthwhile to be snobby about what inside looks you get. And that's coming from a guy who doesn't even like mitt - work particularly.

I just don't think it's worthwhile to be snobby about what inside looks you get. And that's coming from a guy who doesn't even like mitt - work particularly.

It's just an opinion, I've just seen too many gym warriors banging pads really fast but it doesn't translate to the ring..........yes it looks really cool for the camera...... Canelo is a great boxer I just don't see mitt work as beneficial as partner drills or sparing.......my opinion is that most fighters get more benefit in increased ticket sales from posting video of mitt work than they do to their boxing skills......

Yeah but you already know that Canelo doesn't fall into what you described as problematic. So I don't understand why you're applying it to him. And nah, clips of mitt - work do not translate to more $$, trust me on that. Hmm, might need to do a video in my series as to why.

I get what Will is saying--

There are plenty of people with more impressive padwork than Canelo, who are just terrible at fighting.

That's why I don't really care for footage of padwork at all, it's so deceiving. If they want to use it for training with it or show it, that's perfectly fine, but it doesn't tell much about the person doing it the extreme majority of the time.

Who can shout the better insults at the other guy leading up to the fight is a terrible predictor for showing what level of ability they are, but it's more accurate than watching their padwork.

Last edited:
Yeah but you already know that Canelo doesn't fall into what you described as problematic. So I don't understand why you're applying it to him. And nah, clips of mitt - work do not translate to more $$, trust me on that. Hmm, might need to do a video in my series as to why.

Not sure if you got the humour.......... My opinion of mitt work is so low that the chances of it increasing ticket sales are greater than the mitt work being able to increase your actual ability in the ring...... Do you get it now?

I wasn't applying it to Canelo....... It's my general opinion of mitt work.......... It wouldn't matter if it was a kid that has never got in the ring but looks like a demon on the mitts or if it was Mayweather Junior........

I find Canelo's padwork very entertaining. While being an awesome exhibition of his physical prowess it also give a very good look on his mechanics for each punch. The latter being true for a lot of other fighters, too

Not sure if you got the humour.......... My opinion of mitt work is so low that the chances of it increasing ticket sales are greater than the mitt work being able to increase your actual ability in the ring...... Do you get it now?

I wasn't applying it to Canelo....... It's my general opinion of mitt work.......... It wouldn't matter if it was a kid that has never got in the ring but looks like a demon on the mitts or if it was Mayweather Junior........

Oh I got it, I just didn't find it that humorous in this context. Like I said, when you get an inside glimpse at what you KNOW is a world class guy obviously putting a lot of effort into something, I just don't see the sense in saying "meh, unimpressed. Show me something else." Regardless of your specific opinion of the apparatus. This illustrates a distinct disconnect between the athletes and the "fans." A bit more appreciation on both sides rather hand always finding ways to interject a criticism might be a good thing. Just a thought.

Like I said, I've always been a critic of mitts. I'm sure you know. And I get asked about my opinion on such matters quite frequently. Mine is always going to be a somewhat critical perspective, it's what I do. But when something like this is opened to the public it's FOR that, which IMO, warrants a bit better regard.

It's like watching a top premiership football player showing his Keepie uppie skills.........

Back