Canelo vs Jacobs in talks - Hearn

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
Well guess i am eating crow , never did I imagine them trying to secure a fight with Danny

Eddie Hearn reportedly is saying that he was contacted by Robert Diaz of Golden Boy Promotions in the last 24 hours about putting together a fight between former IBF middleweight champion Daniel ‘Miracle Man’ Jacobs (34-2, 29 KOs) and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) on September 15. Hearn promotes the 31-year-old Jacobs, and he says he wants to face Canelo.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/05/canelo-vs-jacobs/

Hats off to Canelo if it happens now. Jacobs's reach and legs make him a worst matchup than GGG, IMO.

Hats off to Canelo if it happens now. Jacobs's reach and legs make him a worst matchup than GGG, IMO.
Yeah I think Jacobs wrecks Canelo easy

No way he fights Jacobs over GGG. Less money, and bigger risk due to style match up.

This is a very high risk, low reward fight (financially, at least)

Hmmm. doesn’t seem like a smart fight to take but ill watch forsure

didn't they mention jacobs, BJS, charlo, and o'sullivan as possible opponents?

it's going to be totally bonkers if it's actually jacobs, since he's the best one by far, but i'm not holding my breath. if i had to bet money, i'd put it on the odd man out.

Yeah I think Jacobs wrecks Canelo easy
I used to think that, but did you see Danny in his last fight? He was getting hit clean. He gets hit clean like that against Canelo and he goes to sleep.

it's going to be totally bonkers if it's actually jacobs, since he's the best one by far, but i'm not holding my breath. if i had to bet money, i'd put it on the odd man out.
Golden Boy did

But Hearn has come out to confirm he was contacted to Fight Danny

That surprised me , didn't think they would

I used to think that, but did you see Danny in his last fight? He was getting hit clean. He gets hit clean like that against Canelo and he goes to sleep.
I hope so , I just picture Canelo to short to touch that chin

I hope so , I just picture Canelo to short to touch that chin

Oscar will inject ginger with a growth enhancing drug that will give him an extra three inches and longer reach to make him more competitive with taller fighters.

Well guess i am eating crow , never did I imagine them trying to secure a fight with Danny

Eddie Hearn reportedly is saying that he was contacted by Robert Diaz of Golden Boy Promotions in the last 24 hours about putting together a fight between former IBF middleweight champion Daniel ‘Miracle Man’ Jacobs (34-2, 29 KOs) and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) on September 15. Hearn promotes the 31-year-old Jacobs, and he says he wants to face Canelo.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/05/canelo-vs-jacobs/
Dude you are always wrong, you're not eating crow, now you can say MY guy is fighting Jacobs, let's see who GGG fights next. :p If this fight gets made GGG will have his back up against the wall to face BJS or Charlo. It's a tough fight for him but this pretty much guarantees him great PPV numbers. Even if GGG unifies he won't have much leverage if Canelo's fight sells 1 million+ PPVs and GGG does 300k against BJS.

Lol same here , I am thinking they go with Lemuiex
The only excuse he would have for a cherry pick is the long layoff. But even then it will effect his leverage making a GGG fight if their next fights do similar numbers. I hope not even you pay for a Lemeiux or Spike PPV.

It would be a checkmate move. Granted Canelo will need to win the fight, but, if the Canelo that fought GGG shows up this should be a competitive fight.

Danny seems to suffer a bit when he forces the action. He more seems to rush in instead of work his way in. He looked the same in the Mora rematch. That was against guys he didn't respect, I'll bet he respects Canelo's power once they have a few exchanges, and fights more the way he did against GGG.

Back