Canelo vs Jacobs in talks - Hearn

Please clarify who these "nobodies" are when GGG was "chasing" Canelo... As far as I know there wasn't talk about GGG fighting him until after the Khan fight. And he fought GGG within a year.
canelo beat cotto and won a MW title. even before they fought, there was speculation about the winner fighting GGG. the general consensus was that cotto definitely wouldn't, but canelo has trouble making middleweight because of his massive balls, so people were excited about him stepping up to golovkin. instead, he decapitated amir khan, put smith on the liver transplant list, and used chavez's head for a speedbag for 12 rounds.

"nobodies" is a bit harsh for those three guys since they're all solid boxers, and i don't want to be an asshole. but those 3 were squash matches, and you know it. let's not pretend like it never occurred to anyone that the biggest name in boxing and the holder of the lineal MW championship could fight golovkin, or that golovkin didn't say he wants that fight a million times before it actually happened.

Lets hear your expert analysis on the odds were looking at lol.

This contradicts itself, no?

You say hes one of the few that takes the hard fights, but you expect him to take the easy one? That has not been his career trajectory.

Canelo is one of the few that are out there taking all comers.

what odds are you talking about?

what do you want to bet that canelo is not going to fight either billy joe saunders or danny jacobs if the golovkin rematch is not made?

well, no. he has fought trout and lara when he knew he'd be outboxed, and he fought them like a man. he got outboxed by floyd, but everyone would fight floyd, the money is just too good to pass. he fought cotto, but cotto was severely outsized. so he has stepped up and fought people when he knew they were very uncomfortable for him, so i give him props. but he did also fight fucking amir khan, liam smith, and chavez. all three of those are good boxers, but had no business being in the ring with canelo.

if DLH came out and said we want jacobs, charlo, or BJS, i'd expect them to fight one of those guys and it wouldn't surprise me at all that he's picking a tough fight to come back. but since fishnets mentioned spike, i'm scratching my head here. i'll be super happy if i'm proven wrong, but o'sullivan has no business being mentioned with the rest.
So hes got 3 lackluster fights, one of which was moving up in weight, and a bunch of really good ones. How does that equate to expecting him to take a shitty opponent?
what odds are you talking about?

what do you want to bet that canelo is not going to fight either billy joe saunders or danny jacobs if the golovkin rematch is not made?
It was a joke.

Has BJS ever even been mentioned? Seems like youre throwing shit at a wall hoping for it to stick.

I like this fight, and expect jacobs to win. I could see canelo winning though. But gun to my head im picking jacobs. Fast and strong with good skill

If Canelo fights a guy in Jacobs is basically risk n little reward I would be shocked. Jacobs is the second best middle weight if u judge how tbey both did against ggg.. Jacobs imo looked much better. I would favor Jacobs here.

canelo beat cotto and won a MW title. even before they fought, there was speculation about the winner fighting GGG. the general consensus was that cotto definitely wouldn't, but canelo has trouble making middleweight because of his massive balls, so people were excited about him stepping up to golovkin. instead, he decapitated amir khan, put smith on the liver transplant list, and used chavez's head for a speedbag for 12 rounds.

"nobodies" is a bit harsh for those three guys since they're all solid boxers, and i don't want to be an asshole. but those 3 were squash matches, and you know it. let's not pretend like it never occurred to anyone that the biggest name in boxing and the holder of the lineal MW championship could fight golovkin, or that golovkin didn't say he wants that fight a million times before it actually happened.
Ummmm, but didn't he fight Golovkin?

What were Golovkin's previous 4 fights before they met? I'll take a guess no more difficult than Canelo's.

So hes got 3 lackluster fights, one of which was moving up in weight, and a bunch of really good ones. How does that equate to expecting him to take a shitty opponent?

It was a joke.

Has BJS ever even been mentioned? Seems like youre throwing shit at a wall hoping for it to stick.
meh, i explained it plenty. i guess we'll have to wait and see. like i said, i'd love to be proven wrong, but it's going to be fucking o'sullivan.

oh and BJS was mentioned in the same breath as jacobs, charlo, and spike.

Ummmm, but didn't he fight Golovkin?

What were Golovkin's previous 4 fights before they met? I'll take a guess no more difficult than Canelo's.
come on. you asked me about who he fought when he should've fought golovkin (and was pursued by GGG), i gave you three names. of course he fought gennady, my point was that canelo was the MW champ, golovkin most definitely wanted to fight him, but alvarez fought 3 guys who had no business being in there with him instead. he even vacated the belt he held, "to make negotiations easier" for the GGG fight.

golovkin's 4 were jacobs, brook, wade, and lemieux... but i guess you knew that. the difference being golovkin actually wanted to fight anyone with a belt at 160.

i don't know what's so difficult to understand here. alvarez has taken tough fights before. and he's taken showcase fights, too. he isn't a bug squasher, but let's not pretend like he only ever fights the toughest available opponent, and no one else.

come on. you asked me about who he fought when he should've fought golovkin (and was pursued by GGG), i gave you three names. of course he fought gennady, my point was that canelo was the MW champ, golovkin most definitely wanted to fight him, but alvarez fought 3 guys who had no business being in there with him instead. he even vacated the belt he held, "to make negotiations easier" for the GGG fight.

golovkin's 4 were jacobs, brook, wade, and lemieux... but i guess you knew that. the difference being golovkin actually wanted to fight anyone with a belt at 160.

i don't know what's so difficult to understand here. alvarez has taken tough fights before. and he's taken showcase fights, too. he isn't a bug squasher, but let's not pretend like he only ever fights the toughest available opponent, and no one else.
No the conversation was about fighting "nobodies". I never asked who he fought when he should've fought GGG. Because honestly, he wasn't posed in the position to fight GGG until at te earliest the Cotto fight, which we can't fault him for going for the lineal MW belt.
That wasnt the convo.... You pointed out Canelo's last 4 fights before they fought, so I pointed GGGs last 4 fights, who had just as many "nobodies" that you were accusing Canelo of. Don't move the goalposts...

No the conversation was about fighting "nobodies". I never asked who he shuldve fought when he should've fought GGG. That wasnt the convo.... You pointed out Canelo's last 4 fights before they fought, so I pointed GGGs last 4 fights, who had just as many "nobodies" that you were accusing Canelo of. Don't move the goalposts...
well all right then, i guess i misunderstood you. you wanted to know who the "nobodies" were when golovkin was "chasing" him, and that there wasn't any talk about fighting golovkin until after the khan fight... which simply isn't true. there was talk about the potential GGG fight as soon as canelo signed to fight cotto for a MW belt.

and i've already said that "nobodies" was a harsh term, i think you know pretty well what i'm talking about though.

i'm not trying to move any goalposts, golovkin held multiple MW belts and was looking to unify, for ages. he fought lemieux as soon as david got a belt, he fought jacobs who held a belt. yes, wade and brook were brought in to be beaten up, but that was hardly GGG's fault. wade was a replacement for a mandatory iirc, and brook stepped up when literally no one else would. the fact that they both fought people they were meant to kill doesn't mean that their options were identical as well. no one wanted to fight golovkin. everyone wanted to fight canelo.

well all right then, i guess i misunderstood you. you wanted to know who the "nobodies" were when golovkin was "chasing" him, and that there wasn't any talk about fighting golovkin until after the khan fight... which simply isn't true. there was talk about the potential GGG fight as soon as canelo signed to fight cotto for a MW belt.

and i've already said that "nobodies" was a harsh term, i think you know pretty well what i'm talking about though.

i'm not trying to move any goalposts, golovkin held multiple MW belts and was looking to unify, for ages. he fought lemieux as soon as david got a belt, he fought jacobs who held a belt. yes, wade and brook were brought in to be beaten up, but that was hardly GGG's fault. wade was a replacement for a mandatory iirc, and brook stepped up when literally no one else would. the fact that they both fought people they were meant to kill doesn't mean that their options were identical as well. no one wanted to fight golovkin. everyone wanted to fight canelo.
Aaaannnnd Canelo and Golovkin fought each other at the right time. I still don't understand what you're on about.

Aaaannnnd Canelo and Golovkin fought each other at the right time. I still don't understand what you're on about.
lol, ok. i stated it simply and was dragged into the winded explanation. let me restate it simply: canelo will fight fucking o'sullivan next.

i hope i'm wrong. i'll gladly eat crow and bow to the wisdom of all you guys if he fights jacobs instead.

Jacobs beats Canelo imo, tough for Canelo to overcome Jacobs size and boxing IQ and movement, so I don't think it'll happen, big risk and low reward.

We all thought it'd be an easy fight for him before it happened though. Canelo by KO was kind of a foregone conclusion.

Yeah khans a great fighter but no one gave him a shot. Most thought he’d be winning the fight until he’s unconscious, which is what happened. We all knew he had nothing for canelo, It was an easy fight

meh, i explained it plenty. i guess we'll have to wait and see. like i said, i'd love to be proven wrong, but it's going to be fucking o'sullivan.

oh and BJS was mentioned in the same breath as jacobs, charlo, and spike.
It doesnt make sense though.

In one breath you praise him for taking difficult opponents through (most) of his career, yet you expect him to fight cans. Thats fairly opposite of what hes done throughout his career.

If Canelo fights a guy in Jacobs is basically risk n little reward I would be shocked. Jacobs is the second best middle weight if u judge how tbey both did against ggg.. Jacobs imo looked much better. I would favor Jacobs here.
Canelo wants to be the best. Hes not shying away from hard fights.

He is a cash cow by himself so I dont think he gives two shits about the rewards of an opponent. None of these dudes are selling the fight or bringing in money. Theyre just high quality names on his resume.

It was a joke.

i threw bjs in the bet as a freebie

because canelos not fighting legit 160 jacobs nor is he fighting bjs

he could get beaten down by danny and made to look outright silly and limited against saunders.

i dont even know if he fights osullivan, who would be a live dog. my guess it will be a drained and injured lemuiex

he could get beaten down by danny and made to look outright silly and limited against saunders.

i dont even know if he fights osullivan, who would be a live dog. my guess it will be a drained and injured lemuiex
GGG must've been shot as a fighter then for Canelo to have done a draw add the fact ( to my surprise) was never hurt

But he is a blown up 54lber

GGG must've been shot as a fighter then for Canelo to have done a draw add the fact ( to my surprise) was never hurt

But he is a blown up 54lber

i am very close to100 percent positive canelo was roiding prior to the golovkin fight and my theory is that there is little chance that a ped-free jon jones beats a ped-free daniel cormier just the same as a ped-free canelo does not get beat up badly by a ped-free gennady golovkin

now, since you wont bet that a ufc or top 10 ranked mexican fighter from mexico will not test positive for clenbuterol for the remainder of 2018, at 3-1 odds, then how about you and i make a bet that canelo will not fight either danny jacobs or billy joe saunders in september of 2018 if the golovkin rematch is not signed?

i am very close to100 percent positive canelo was roiding prior to the golovkin fight and my theory is that there is little chance that a ped-free jon jones beats a ped-free daniel cormier just the same as a ped-free canelo does not get beat up badly by a ped-free gennady golovkin

now, since you wont bet that a ufc or top 10 ranked mexican fighter from mexico will not test positive for clenbuterol for the remainder of 2018, at 3-1 odds, then how about you and i make a bet that canelo will not fight either danny jacobs or billy joe saunders in september of 2018 if the golovkin rematch is not signed?
Got proof of your steroid claim? If not, shut the fuck up about it.

Lol. When he gets in with any of the above please send your bet offers my way. Ill happily take your money.

Talking up BJS while down playing Lemi is fucking hilarious.

Back