Canelo vs Trout Official

migessy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
According to Dan Rafael Canelo Vs Trout is offical for April 20. Mad props to Canelo for demanding Trout and not going with Schaefer's options. from what I've read Mayweather didn't guarantee him a fight for Sept. 14 so thats why he's not fighting on the same card.

@danrafaelespn: It's official. Richard Schaefer says @caneloOficial not on 5/4 Floyd PPV but will be live on @SHOsports vs @NoDoubtTrout 4/20 in San Antonio

I don't think it's PPV which makes this AWSOME news.

Saves me $50 bucks cause i probably would have bought it on PPV.

Makes sense, good on him. If Floyd ain't going to fight him, he doesn't need to be on the undercard.

If you have or know someone with insomnia, make sure to tune in.

They aren't putting Canelo's first loss on PPV?

Just read that MAres/Ponce is off this date because of this fight.

eh, theres no telling how well Canelo handles a guy with Trouts ability. It could end up being a schooling. Trouts fought better competition.

He's not gonna lose. Trout can't KO him, and there's no way that they'll give Trout a decision.

Also trout showed hes susceptible to the left hook in the cotto fight. Thats Canelo's strongest shot, it could get ugly for featherfisted trout. I for one am looking forward to 420, this event will be smoking.

eh, theres no telling how well Canelo handles a guy with Trouts ability. It could end up being a schooling. Trouts fought better competition.

Another variable we are over looking is that Canelo improves a great deal with each fight.

The Canelo who fought Lopez (albeit, a smaller opponent) was a much different Canelo from the one who fought SSM.

I have Trout winning a UD.

Also trout showed hes susceptible to the left hook in the cotto fight. Thats Canelo's strongest shot, it could get ugly for featherfisted trout. I for one am looking forward to 420, this event will be smoking.

Heres another thing- How feather fisted IS trout especially compared to the scrubs Canelo has been fighting?

We now know a lot more about Trout following his impressive showing against Cotto, and he is better than many thought. Great matchup IMO. Someone's zero is going to go.

I think this will hurt PPV numbers for Mayweather Guerrero. That fight is going to sell over 1M anyway but part of the intrigue is that it included Canelo and Trout a much more competitive fight.

I think this will hurt PPV numbers for Mayweather Guerrero. That fight is going to sell over 1M anyway but part of the intrigue is that it included Canelo and Trout a much more competitive fight.

It did spice up the Mayweather-Guerrero card. Still, at some stage Mayweather will start to fall away and it often comes without warning in the sport where you are only ever one punch from disaster.

Back