Social Cannabis Legalized in Canada: Nation-Wide Shortage For Years To Come As Demand Overwhelms Supply

The flake Trudeau will get re-elected on this one issue. Smart move for him.

What is the limit you would be allowed to have in your house at one time of "dried flower"? I kno you're allowed to carry an oz, just not sure what you can have at home considering you're allowed to grow up to 4 plants.

I haven't seen any mentions about a "maximum home storage" clause in any of these articles, and it sounds like there's only a Federal cap on how many live plants you can grow.

Then again, it will be up to each provinve to come up with their own cannabis rulebook on top of these very laxing Federal guidelines, so you best keep an eye on your local news headlines for further regulations from your elected provincial leaders.

Would be kinda dumb if there's such a thing though. There's no limit on how much beer you can stock up in your fridge, right?

I haven't seen any mentions about a "maximum home storage" clause in any of these articles, and it sounds like there's only a Federal cap on how many live plants you can grow.

Then again, it will be up to each provinve to come up with their own cannabis rulebook on top of these very laxing Federal guidelines, so you best keep an eye on your local news headlines for further regulations from your elected provincial leaders.

Would be kinda dumb if there's such a thing though. There's no limit on how much beer you can stock up in your fridge, right?

in my province its 150g

in Quebec the goverment has a site you can buy online SQDC but i find it way to expensive

I just checked the prices, they're consistent with what's available at BC online dispensaries and the various on-call operations throughout Montreal (actually, those are more expensive). Being very familiar with tobacco in Canada, with the way the government milks it for tax, I'm actually impressed with these prices. Yea, sure, you can probably find it cheaper from some guy living in some shit apartment on welfare, but I'd gladly pay a bit more to bipass the painfully awkward experience of buying from the typical weed dealer, and I think most consumers feel the same. Now, if the price moves too high, that equation obviously changes, just like it did with tobacco.

I just checked the prices, they're consistent with what's available at BC online dispensaries and the various on-call operations throughout Montreal (actually, those are more expensive). Being very familiar with tobacco in Canada, with the way the government milks it for tax, I'm actually impressed with these prices. Yea, sure, you can probably find it cheaper from some guy living in some shit apartment on welfare, but I'd gladly pay a bit more to bipass the painfully awkward experience of buying from the typical weed dealer, and I think most consumers feel the same. Now, if the price moves too high, that equation obviously changes, just like it did with tobacco.

I can find it way cheaper on other online seller

On a different note, so edibles are illegal. This is obviously dumb for several reasons, one of the major ones being that everyone can easily make their own edibles with the bud that's now legally sold, the difference being that the average baker has no clue how to properly dose the butter or oil, and they'll most likely end up making something too weak or too strong. But good news, you won't have to worry about that, since they sell THC gel tabs o_O One tab has 10mgs, 30 tabs in bottle....it's not exactly difficult to swallow 30 small tabs, and 30x10 means you just ingested 300 mgs of THC which is enough to send even the most seasoned of stoners into a coma.

ClutteredWastefulCuscus-size_restricted.gif

Maybe Ontario is different. The website says you can smoke in:
  • Many outdoor public places (e.g. sidewalks, parks)
Thanks to the conservative government the actually loosened the rules and said anywhere you can smoke tobacco you can smoke weed. I believe that is even more lax than BC.
But just like drinking in public i'd expect most cops to make you dispose of the current joint and give you a warning more often than a ticket.

I can find it way cheaper on other online seller

The cheapest online sellers I know of start at $6/gram, and that's not for premium product. Besides, the SAQ has eighths for $20, so 20/3.5 = $5.71 per gram. Can you really find a better deal when buying in small quantities like eighths?

The cheapest online sellers I know of start at $6/gram, and that's not for premium product. Besides, the SAQ has eighths for $20, so 20/3.5 = $5.71 per gram. Can you really find a better deal when buying in small quantities like eighths?

not for small quantities you will have to go for 14/28g if you want a better price online and i bet now its legal the governement will go after illegal stores online

Thanks to the conservative government the actually loosened the rules and said anywhere you can smoke tobacco you can smoke weed. I believe that is even more lax than BC.
But just like drinking in public i'd expect most cops to make you dispose of the current joint and give you a warning more often than a ticket.

I don't think that's true,they will treat it like cigarettes for the most part when it comes to usage. 20metres from building, etc.

not for small quantities you will have to go for 14/28g if you want a better price online and i bet now its legal the governement will go after illegal stores online

Oh yea for sure, they're going to move to shut these guys down. I think I overheard on the radio that - somewhat ironically - the cops were gearing up for some major drug busts today.

Oh yea for sure, they're going to move to shut these guys down. I think I overheard on the radio that - somewhat ironically - the cops were gearing up for some major drug busts today.

Ill try SQDC order but they ran out of a lot of stuff

On a different note, so edibles are illegal. This is obviously dumb for several reasons, one of the major ones being that everyone can easily make their own edibles with the bud that's now legally sold, the difference being that the average baker has no clue how to properly dose the butter or oil, and they'll most likely end up making something too weak or too strong. But good news, you won't have to worry about that, since they sell THC gel tabs o_O One tab has 10mgs, 30 tabs in bottle....it's not exactly difficult to swallow 30 small tabs, and 30x10 means you just ingested 300 mgs of THC which is enough to send even the most seasoned of stoners into a coma.

ClutteredWastefulCuscus-size_restricted.gif
It's only illegal to purchase edibles. Making edibles is perfectly legal. I don't imagine its that hard to figure out.

It's only illegal to purchase edibles. Making edibles is perfectly legal. I don't imagine its that hard to figure out.
I've made and sold cookies in the past It's easy to make butter, honey, coconut oil, and other cooking oils.
Concentrates are a bit harder but certainly can be done, there are a few machines sold to make essential oils that can be used to make some as well.
All of which are legal now to make for your own use.

You guys are getting hosed. $10 a gram free shipping here.

It's not hard. Tonnes of recipes out there. Plus edible legalisation is coming next year

The only limits see 30g for personal possession. And 4 plants per household. You can stockpile as much in your house as you like.

When did I claim it's illegal to make edibles? That's not the argument I made at all.

Back