Social Cannabis Legalized in Canada: Nation-Wide Shortage For Years To Come As Demand Overwhelms Supply

What is the limit you would be allowed to have in your house at one time of "dried flower"? I kno you're allowed to carry an oz, just not sure what you can have at home considering you're allowed to grow up to 4 plants.
30 grams on your person. From what I've found out from various sources no limits on in home possession.

Just saw some pricing of the only shop open near Regina and ouch it is like 15+ a gram. Normally about $10 or less a gram is what I pay.
The other shops aren't open and dont see a legal online order yet available here as it's all on the shops and I don't know the websites and can't find em ..

Lol I'm almost debating if I should get a few pounds of dank for cheap right now sit on it for a couple of weeks and see what happens... shit could go from 100 bucks an o to 200 real fucking quick here.

It almost feels like legalizing it is a step back from what we had.

Brick and mortar stores have to pay rent, insurance, employees, etc.
Buddy Dope down the street has to pay a phone bill.
Illicit marijuana will always be cheaper. Black market cigarettes are cheaper.
Over time people will primarily be buying legal pot despite the cost increase. They will get regulated and tested bud and can be confident in their products contents. But yes, lots of people are going to be holding out and continue to use their regular dealers for some time.

The funny thing is this is exactly what I've always told the people I've known who have advocated for legal pot would happen.
I think it's better this way of course, but it's not what they want. I've known people who honestly thought they'd still be able to call up their local dealer of choice and meet in the alley out back of the strip mall only all legal.

The funny thing is this is exactly what I've always told the people I've known who have advocated for legal pot would happen.
I think it's better this way of course, but it's not what they want. I've known people who honestly thought they'd still be able to call up their local dealer of choice and meet in the alley out back of the strip mall only all legal.

Most are happy to be able to carry a joint around legally.

The crap we went through as kids,this seems surreal.

Are you fucking serious? I couldn't deal with that hell. I mean, you couldn't have a BevMo? That place is a booze paradise.

I love that I can go to a gas station and get cheap beer at any hour.

If I lived in Ontario I would go to another province and buy thousands of dollars worth of beer and booze and stock up for the week.

i think some guy did this and got in trouble

you are correct, here is the article:

'Makes no sense': New Brunswick man loses his 'free-the-beer' fight

After a five-year legal battle, a New Brunswick man has lost his bid to be able to stock up on cheap beer in neighbouring Quebec.

But the provincial government is hinting it will look at easing limits on interprovincial alcohol.

The Supreme Court of Canada unanimously ruled Thursday that Canadians do not have a constitutional right to buy and transport alcohol across provincial borders without impediments.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/supreme-court-free-the-beer-nb-gerard-comeau-1.4626217

This is why I think Canada is more like a confederation of 13 different countries, rather than a united country with ten provinces and three territories.

Interstate/interprovincial commerce is literally the pillar of a free domestic market. If people from one Canadian province can't go to the Canadian province next door to buy stuff wholesale and bring home, then that's no different (or actually even worse) than shopping across the national borders.

Yeah, that's the other side of it. I have known people who are, well, professionals, and the process of acquiring pot was always difficult and embarrassing for them because they had to sneak around about it. This will be a good thing for them cause they can go to their local on-the-level source and acquire the small amounts they want. These are also the people who would prefer (and easily afford) a more expensive and consistent product.
It's the broke-bank chronics making a stink about price.

Still won't be able to smoke it publicly though. And kids will still go through same shit as it's still illegal for them.

Yeah, that's the other side of it. I have known people who are, well, professionals, and the process of acquiring pot was always difficult and embarrassing for them because they had to sneak around about it. This will be a good thing for them cause they can go to their local on-the-level source and acquire the small amounts they want. These are also the people who would prefer (and easily afford) a more expensive and consistent product.
It's the broke-bank chronics making a stink about price.

Prices in the Ontario store are like 10/gram, not sure what shipping is,but seems fine.

Still won't be able to smoke it publicly though. And kids will still go through same shit as it's still illegal for them.

You can smoke where they allow cigarette smoking i think. Seems fine if so.

Touche about kids.

You can smoke where they allow cigarette smoking i think. Seems fine if so.

Touche about kids.

I don't think so bruh. I think it's like alcohol. Either way, it's going to be fun reading the Facebook rants from people who get tickets for all sorts of shit they thought was legal now.

I had a harder time getting alcohol and cigarettes under age than pot. If this eventually makes pot harder for kids to get its a massive win imo.

Prices in the Ontario store are like 10/gram, not sure what shipping is,but seems fine.
Yeah that's street value here if you're going you buy one or two grams. Most dealers will start to give discounts on even a half quarter ounce though, so the heavy users are used to buying half ounces at a discounted rate. More like 7 to 8 bucks a gram. I'm assuming it's this population complaining about the pricing.

This is why I think Canada is more like a confederation of 13 different countries, rather than a united country with ten provinces and three territories.

Interstate/interprovincial commerce is literally the pillar of a free domestic market. If people from one Canadian province can't go to the Canadian province next door to buy stuff wholesale and bring home, then that's no different (or actually even worse) than shopping across the national borders.

I didn't know there was such a thing as limited booze you can bring between Provinces until I read the article when it came out. I was shocked and asked "why?", it doesn't make sense really. I understand why it's like that in Nuanvut though because it's regulated pretty heavily by the Territorial government.
Here in Nunavut if you want liquor, you have to get a liquor permit and order it from out of territory. A beer and wine store opened last year here in Iqaluit and its nice to go get a 12 pack of beer before a hockey game

I don't think so bruh. I think it's like alcohol. Either way, it's going to be fun reading the Facebook rants from people who get tickets for all sorts of shit they thought was legal now.

Maybe Ontario is different. The website says you can smoke in:
  • Many outdoor public places (e.g. sidewalks, parks)

I didn't know there was such a thing as limited booze you can bring between Provinces until I read the article when it came out. I was shocked and asked "why?", it doesn't make sense really. I understand why it's like that in Nuanvut though because it's regulated pretty heavily by the Territorial government.
Here in Nunavut if you want liquor, you have to get a liquor permit and order it from out of territory. A beer and wine store opened last year here in Iqaluit and its nice to go get a 12 pack of beer before a hockey game

Nuances like that often lead to American partisan hacks voluntarily exposing themselves as the idiots they are on the very first page, with their juxtaposition attempts on these "Amazing Canadian policies", when they clearly don't even know what the LCBO monopoly is, or any of the puritanical rules and regulations at the provincial level being discussed here.

See the amazing things that can happen when your country isn't half filled with fearful, regressive rednecks?

Common sense policies that everyone knows are common sense can actually get passed.

Good for you Canada.

Last edited:
Back