Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next to mind-control-leading-to-amnesia, shape-shifting annoys me in comics/TV/movies.

I'm not looking towards to the Skrulls in the MCU.

Update: October 24, 2017

ROGUE ONE's Ben Mendelsohn in Talks for the Villain in CAPTAIN MARVEL

HUfkXeR.jpg

Captain Marvel directors Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are in talks with their Mississippi Grind star Ben Mendelsohn for the superhero film’s villain.

Mendelsohn would play the film’s main antagonist, which would likely be the leader of the Skrulls. Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige teased earlier this year that the aliens would be featured in the film. Brie Larson is set to star in title role with Kevin Feige producing.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet wrote the most recent script with Inside Out scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman penning previous drafts, which follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection, and flight.

At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that the superhero film will be set in the ’90s, before the Avengers ever thought of assembling, and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to reprise his role as Nick Fury. The pic is expected to bow on March 8, 2019.

Fleck and Boden had Mendelsohn in mind when they first started plotting the story and once the two sides were able to meet, Mendelsohn quickly agreed to pursue the role.

Mendelsohn has been slowly becoming a go-to villain in Hollywood following his role in Star Wars standalone film Rogue One and the upcoming Robin Hood: Origins, where he portrays the Sheriff of Nottingham. Mendelsohn has also shined on TV, winning an Emmy for playing the black sheep of the family on Netflix’s Bloodline. Mendelsohn can be seen next in Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One.

'Rogue One' Star Ben Mendelsohn Eyed for Villain Role in ‘Captain Marvel’ (Exclusive)

Very good for him. But i fear he will become typecast (as a conniving villain) very soon. Then again (in all honesty), with a face like that, you're not exactly aiming for rom-coms or buddy cop movies.

Very good for him. But i fear he will become typecast (as a conniving villain) very soon. Then again (in all honesty), with a face like that, you're not exactly aiming for rom-coms or buddy cop movies.

The important thing is that they don't have him work with some huge guy wearing a mask, with a distorted voice. That shit never ends well for his character.

Even though there are elements that are similar, it's not proven yet that it's based on my plot outline. And I don't think I am in any position to demand anything since it's just a plot outline.
I think your biggest issue would be that once you have put it out there in the public domain like that any right of propriety becomes very difficult to defend unless its a fully completed work.

That said, if they have a pattern of taking from and using your ideas then it would be a good idea for them to consider you using you as a consultant on some projects.

Update: November 22, 2017

Jude Law, Reportedly to Play Mar-Vell, Joins Brie Lawson in CAPTAIN MARVEL

7k0QTNY.jpg

Jude Law is in negotiations to play the male lead opposite Brie Larson in Marvel’s Captain Marvel, sources tell Variety.

Ben Mendelsohn is on board to play the villain with Half Nelson helmers Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck directing. Kevin Feige is producing.

Geneva Robertson-Dworet wrote the most recent script with Inside Out scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman penning previous drafts, which follows Carol Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues her with the superpowers of strength, energy projection, and flight.

Law will be playing Doctor Walter Lawson, a.k.a. Mar-Vell, who becomes a mentor of sorts to Danvers as she tries to figure out her new powers.

At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that the superhero film will be set in the ’90s, before the Avengers ever thought of assembling, and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to reprise his role as Nick Fury.

Law is set to star as Albus Dumbledore in Warner Bros.' Fantastic Beasts sequel and will join Blake Lively in Paramount's spy thriller The Rhythm Section.

‘Captain Marvel’: Jude Law Lands Male Lead Opposite Brie Larson, Will Play Dr. Walter Lawton (Exclusive)

Too bad my choice for Dr. Walter Lawson a.k.a. Marv-Vell - Dan Stevens (also an English actor) - was already scooped up by FX's Legion.

2pYFdAF.jpg

Update: November 22, 2017

Jude Law, Reportedly to Play Mar-Vell, Joins Brie Lawson in CAPTAIN MARVEL

7k0QTNY.jpg

Jude Law is in negotiations to play the male lead opposite Brie Larson in Marvel’s Captain Marvel, sources tell Variety.

Ben Mendelsohn is on board to play the villain with Half Nelson helmers Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck directing. Kevin Feige is producing.

Law will be playing Doctor Walter Lawson, a.k.a. Mar-Vell, who becomes a mentor of sorts to Danvers as she tries to figure out her new powers.

At this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Feige announced that the superhero film will be set in the ’90s, before the Avengers ever thought of assembling, and Samuel L. Jackson is expected to reprise his role as Nick Fury.

Law is set to star as Albus Dumbledore in Warner Bros.' Fantastic Beasts sequel and will join Blake Lively in Paramount's spy thriller The Rhythm Section.

‘Captain Marvel’: Jude Law Lands Male Lead Opposite Brie Larson, Will Play Dr. Walter Lawton (Exclusive)

"Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues herwith the superpowers of strength,energy projection, and flight."

As a movie, that is more or less the basic plot of Green Lantern 2011.

Watch Marvel ace the execution and delivery of the movie. Unlike the 2011 effort.

"Danvers, an Air Force pilot whose DNA is fused with that of an alien during an accident. The resulting alteration imbues herwith the superpowers of strength,energy projection, and flight."

As a movie, that is more or less the basic plot of Green Lantern 2011.

Watch Marvel ace the execution and delivery of the movie. Unlike the 2011 effort.

Didn't Feige or somebody else say they weren't going that route because of that similarity?

Terrible casting.
I agree with you it's a terrible casting if Jude Law is playing Mar-Vell the superhero.

But if it's the same iteration of Mar-Vell from my movie script, meaning he's just a scientist-doctor and not a superhero, then I'm fine with it.

Now awaiting the casting of Rick Jones/Amadeus Cho, Abigail Brand and Henry Gyrich. Or similar characters to them.

Now awaiting the casting of Rick Jones/Amadeus Cho, Abigail Brand and Henry Gyrich. Or similar characters to them.

Rick Jones and Cho ? I'm not too keen on Captain Marvel so do Jones appear in her stories as much as they do in the Hulk's ?

Rick Jones and Cho ? I'm not too keen on Captain Marvel so do Jones appear in her stories as much as they do in the Hulk's ?
Rick Jones has been the lackey for Hulk, Captain Marvel, Captain America, ...ROM...

With the original Captain Marvel (the male version), Rick Jones was a crucial part in his story. But Rick Jones doesn't have anything to do with Carol Danvers in the comics, he is just there in my script. I'm just closely monitoring the casting to give me clues if they really read my script which I forwarded to them in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back