Locked CAPTAIN MARVEL Movie (First Official Look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: December 5, 2017

CAPTAIN MARVEL Casting Breakdown Hints at Rick Jones Appearing in the Film

eOcMbVb.jpg

With Captain Marvel set to begin production for a week in January before resuming full-time in March, That Hashtag Show has been able to score quite a bit of information on the cast for the upcoming film including an interesting new breakdown for a supporting character in the film.

[UNKNOWN MALE] Supporting Lead Male (35-59) Intelligent, but can throw a punch. Open ethnicity. Sounds like he may be tied to a well-known character.

That’s not a lot to go on and before we move on, the site wants to be clear that they have NO further intel on this character and that what you see below is nothing more than a guess. With that said, the site believe that this character COULD POSSIBLY be none other than longtime Marvel Comics sidekick Rick Jones!

Again, this is just wishful thinking and the actual news here is that THS has another character breakdown for the film. It could be Rick Jones or any number of other characters from the 7,000 to whom Kevin Feige has indicated they own the rights.

Captain Marvel is set to hit theaters March 8, 2019.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2017/12/captain-marvel-breakdown-hints-at-a-well-known-character/

Update: March 24, 2015

DEVON BOSTICK as RICK JONES
NR4PIoz.jpg

Rick Jones is S.W.O.R.D.'s resident computer genius and techie wizard. What he lacks in field experience, he makes up for it with his youthful gung-ho spirit and gumption. He would eventually becomes Carol Danver's closest ally and confidante. Rick's lifelong dream is to work alongside Captain America, which he does later on the film. Devon Bostick is my choice for Rick Jones. The 23-year-old Canadian actor just has that likable sidekick aura and he looks harmless enough that the audience won't mistakenly perceive him as Carol's love interest. Bostick is best known as the bully older brother in Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. He can be currently seen in The CW's sci-fi drama The 100.

Now awaiting the casting of Rick Jones/Amadeus Cho, Abigail Brand and Henry Gyrich. Or similar characters to them.

With the original Captain Marvel (the male version), Rick Jones was a crucial part in his story. But Rick Jones doesn't have anything to do with Carol Danvers in the comics, he is just there in my script. I'm just closely monitoring the casting to give me clues if they really read my script which I forwarded to them in 2016.

its-happening.gif

Donald Glover because why not.
Glover is better than that.

If I were to cast Rick Jones, I would not cast him as S.W.O.R.D. Jones. I would cast the younger side-kick Jones and I would cast Zac Efron. I'm actually dead serious.

Glover is better than that.

If I were to cast Rick Jones, I would not cast him as S.W.O.R.D. Jones. I would cast the younger side-kick Jones and I would cast Zac Efron. I'm actually dead serious.

Efron is a great pick.

Awesome choice for Rick Jones.

Donald Glover because why not.

Because he’s already Miles Morales’ uncle Aaron Davis who might become The Prowler should Sony get some balls and explore the first “Spidermen” story arc with Mysterio.

Because he’s already Miles Morales’ uncle Aaron Davis who might become The Prowler should Sony get some balls and explore the first “Spidermen” story arc with Mysterio.

I forgot all about that.

Update: January 4, 2018

CAPTAIN MARVEL Adds SHE'S GOTTA HAVE IT Actress DeWanda Wise

CaBBkXc.jpg

DeWanda Wise is on her way to the Marvel Universe. The actress, known for her work on the Spike Lee series She's Gotta Have It on Netflix, is joining Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel in a supporting role, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Brie Larson is starring as the Marvel superhero in the film. Jude Law will also star in the film, which is set in the 1990s and features Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury. Ben Mendelsohn is playing the film's villain. In the comics, Captain Marvel is the alter ego of Air Force pilot Carol Danvers, who becomes a hero when her DNA is fused with an alien's after an accident.

Wise stars as Nola Darling on She's Gotta Have It, which began streaming in November. Wise takes the role just as Netflix renewed for a second season She’s Gotta Have It, the series adaptation of Spike Lee’s breakthrough film about a woman balancing a life with three lovers. Wise was seen last year on the Fox event series Shots Fired.

Captain Marvel is directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck from a script by Inside Out scribe Meg LeFauve and Nicole Perlman. Details of the plot have been kept under wraps. Captain Marvel is set to open March 8, 2019.

She's Gotta Have It Star DeWanda Wise Joins Captain Marvel in an Unspecified Supporting Role

Eh, doesn't pass The CW hotness standard.

Others are speculating DeWanda is playing Monica Rambeau (aka Spectrum, aka Pulsar and was also known as Captain Marvel at one point). I think she's playing Abigail Brand.

{<jordan}

Eh, doesn't pass The CW hotness standard.

Others are speculating DeWanda is playing Monica Rambeau (aka Spectrum, aka Pulsar and was also known as Captain Marvel at one point). I think she's playing Abigail Brand.

Nor the Sleepy Hollow hotness standard

Very upsetting

Update: January 18, 2018

Brie Larson Begins Prepping for CAPTAIN MARVEL, Visits Nellis Air Force Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back