CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has Kree powers (and probably DNA) but she's still human from what I read in the comics
I don't know a ton about her source material to be fair but my understanding is Kree DNA makes your emotions more like a Kree and that the Kree are ALMOST like the Vulcan from Star Trek with the notable exception being their rage which is fully exemplified in Ronan and how angry he is all the time.

I don't know a ton about her source material to be fair but my understanding is Kree DNA makes your emotions more like a Kree and that the Kree are ALMOST like the Vulcan from Star Trek with the notable exception being their rage which is fully exemplified in Ronan and how angry he is all the time.
In the comics, she is far from robotic. She's as emotional as a high school girl. Just read the Civil War II event. The Kree don't act robotic in the comics, either.

Also, so far in the MCU, we've seen an assortment of aliens and the only one who acts robotic is Nebula because she's a cyborg.

In the comics, she is far from robotic. She's as emotional as a high school girl. Just read the Civil War II event. The Kree don't act robotic in the comics, either.

Also, so far in the MCU, we've seen an assortment of aliens and the only one who acts robotic is Nebula because she's a cyborg.
I still need to get the Punisher MAX run of comics to read through. I'd argue since the Netflix series are a part of the MCU you could say the version of Frank we have right now is pretty robotic in a sense that he's very single minded in how he goes about doing everything.

Yea she would have been better as Capt Marvel, aesthetically, but she's already Black Widow so whatever

Also,

"I'm not here to fight your war. I'm here to end it!"

Oof. Who wrote that corny ass line?

Line would have worked if it had been delivered with any kind of oomph.

This is going to be a giant cringe fest & im hoping it won’t destroy this amazing OG Avenger/ Thanos arc with her bullshit.

Now they’ve got these dumbass stories leaked about her pushing jeeps uphill & lifting 350lbs because she got so jacked for the roll. It’s already getting embarrassing before it even starts.

I see reformed Thor and Steve taking issue with her almost from the outset. I also guarantee she makes some offhand shit remark about Loki who redeemed himself as well for him aligning himself early with Thanos too that causes Thor to lose his shit.

Thor's matured but he's still a hot head that acts before thinking sometimes. Stark will probably go after her once too with Steve and his shield being the only thing that keep Stormbreaker or some laser blast from an IM suit hitting her.

Definately, this is a now matured veteran avengers who's been through it all and a roller coaster development we seen as an audience.

Assumimg she's taking the lead of the next avengers,
Haven't they stopped making superhero movies yet? Nope, still 10 a year?

Sounds exciting and original.

Naw it wont stop. Fortunately for mcu fans. And it hasnt been original since the comic days to the cartoon days, video game days.

Its the same thing but we'll see it anyway

<Fedor23>

Definately, this is a now matured veteran avengers who's been through it all and a roller coaster development we seen as an audience.

Assumimg she's taking the lead of the next avengers,

Part of me knows it's impossible but is hopeful that Cox and company appear in the next MCU movie at least in passing or some small bit role now that they aren't on Netflix and I would imagine Disney is the one that's going to continue the shows going forward on their own streaming service.

This is going to be a giant cringe fest & im hoping it won’t destroy this amazing OG Avenger/ Thanos arc with her bullshit.

Now they’ve got these dumbass stories leaked about her pushing jeeps uphill & lifting 350lbs because she got so jacked for the roll. It’s already getting embarrassing before it even starts.

No way they have her over power thanos and get the shine.

Im sure alot of first 10 year mcu era fans will boycott mcu going forward if it happens.

She's strong, but her character already lacks maturity, leadership, calculated decision making.

"I'll end it anyway" Sums it up.

Thanos owns her and her kree sprinkles

Tbh im already not liking her character for that reason.

She's just strong but comes off as someone who acts on emotion.

It would be interesting to see how her character develops.

Thano's owns her atm.

I still need to get the Punisher MAX run of comics to read through. I'd argue since the Netflix series are a part of the MCU you could say the version of Frank we have right now is pretty robotic in a sense that he's very single minded in how he goes about doing everything.

In the Marvel Knights version of the Punisher, Frank infiltrates an island on which two thousand mercenaries have set up their base camp. After killing several of them,

Frank, "Place is like the waiting room for Hell. I see a few familiar faces. Break a few familiar necks"

The Punisher is eventually forced to retreat into the jungle. A large group of mercs gets ready to search the jungle for him,

Merc, "We've got him trapped in the jungle! We'll hunt him down like a dog!"

We get a close up of Frank's face, totally emotionless, hiding in the brush and listening to the merc,

Frank, "I don't smile much. Don't smile ever. But if I did...this would be one".

I'm not too bothered about the trailer, i'm kinda fine with it and her super saiyan scenes are pretty cool. and just a few thoughts:

1.) it's just a fucking 2min trailer ffs, it's amazing how much conclusions people are coming up. remember infinity war? it was such a short trailer, but the entire movie melted my brain and fucked me in the ass. I really think we just need to watch this movie to find out if it sucks or not. to make any premature decision not to watch it based on trailers alone is kinda silly in my opinion.

2.) i'm okay with brie acting serious, i mean, we're approaching the end of infinity war and i don't think all of the heroes should act goofy and shit. We already have people filling that role (i.e. ant-man, entire gotg cast, even spidey etc). I'm fine with having some seriousness just to have an "end of days" feel. and you actually see brie smile at least with the "noble warrior hero" joke. :D

3.) all i'm scared about is that mcu goes sjw in infinity war 2. so far kevin/russo brothers haven't let me down. i pray to the old gods and the new that they won't fuck it up.

EDIT: brie might also have brain damage, losing all her memory and punching old ladies in a train. I'd give her a pass for not acting all enthusiastic and shit.

Skipping the trailers, I'm in love with Larson and want to see this film badly. Would love to see ROM and the wraiths, though.

brie-larson-4msoyrf.jpg
Yum.

And you mean the ROM part don't you?

bunk.gif

I see reformed Thor and Steve taking issue with her almost from the outset. I also guarantee she makes some offhand shit remark about Loki who redeemed himself as well for him aligning himself early with Thanos too that causes Thor to lose his shit.

Thor's matured but he's still a hot head that acts before thinking sometimes. Stark will probably go after her once too with Steve and his shield being the only thing that keep Stormbreaker or some laser blast from an IM suit hitting her.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
These trailers just look so meh. Nothing charismatic about Larsen's character at all. I hope there's more to the movie than this.

Some of the dialogue sounds...clunky.

Fury, "So you're a Kree...a race of noble warriors".

Danvers, "Heroes. Noble warrior heroes".

(OK, she's smiling when she says it, so maybe she's just yanking Nick's chain. But it still sounds off)

Kree woman, "We made you one of us. So you could live longer, stronger, superior".

2.) i'm okay with brie acting serious, i mean, we're approaching the end of infinity war and i don't think all of the heroes should act goofy and shit. We already have people filling that role (i.e. ant-man, entire gotg cast, even spidey etc). I'm fine with having some seriousness just to have an "end of days" feel. and you actually see brie smile at least with the "noble warrior hero" joke. :D

It's not that she's acting serious - it's that she's acting...disinterested. You can be dead serious about the situation your character is in and still have a ton of emotion on, or character in, your lines. When was Michael Biehn not serious as Kyle Reese? When was Sigourney Weaver not serious as Ellen Ripley?

Even with the noble warrior hero joke, she didn't put anything on the line or emphasize any of the words like "hero." It was just a dry monotone. Who has time for you, Nick Fury? I've got stuff to deal with that's, like, bigger than the Avengers, okay? I'm like a hero and you should have known that already.

Who has time for any of this? Women are being hit on by customs agents as we speak and I have to tolerate this Avengers crap before I can deal with the important stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back