CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm thinking about this again there needs to be a good reason why she has been gone and why Fury didn't call her for help during all the previous huge battles right? How does that make sense?

Now that I'm thinking about this again there needs to be a good reason why she has been gone and why Fury didn't call her for help during all the previous huge battles right? How does that make sense?

Because he had Hawkeye for all the previous battles. Now the Most Deadly Avenger has hung up his Bow, Fury has to call in the B Team;)

Her voice doesn't match her face.

Some of the dialogue sounds...clunky.

Fury, "So you're a Kree...a race of noble warriors".

Danvers, "Heroes. Noble warrior heroes".

(OK, she's smiling when she says it, so maybe she's just yanking Nick's chain. But it still sounds off)

Kree woman, "We made you one of us. So you could live longer, stronger, superior".

It's odd and basic sounding.

Larson's sjw bs makes me not watch this.

Meh. I'm fine with separating the actor from the role. I don't care about her politics or what she believes in. I just want her to give a good enough performance that I enjoy the movie.

So dance, little monkey, dance!:D

Meh. I'm fine with separating the actor from the role. I don't care about her politics or what she believes in. I just want her to give a good enough performance that I enjoy the movie.

Yea, I don't give a fuck what she does in her day-to-day life. It's just the movie doesn't look interesting. When you watch a superhero/action movie, you look for an entertaining hero, a good story/plot, exciting action scenes and an entertaining villain. So far in the MCU, only Infinity has had all 4.

RDJ as Iron Man has an entertaining hero, but uninteresting villains. The fight scenes were good, but the first Iron Man stands out because his origin story and buildup to becoming Iron Man was fun and interesting to watch. Iron Man 2 and 3, not so much.

Although Cap is bland and boring as fuck, Winter Soldier benefitted from a cool spy storyline and Civil War was basically Avengers 3 before Avengers 3, so that was cool to watch.

Thor's movies didn't start to be good until #3 and that's because they improved Thor's character and brought in other entertaining characters.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is from these two trailers, I'm seeing a bland Captain Marvel with 0 charisma and villains which I don't think they can make interesting (even in the comics, they were luke-warm to me). The action scenes seem decent and I don't know the plot yet.

What's her deal? Male butt secks better, women need more extra rights, animals own the planet and are superior to peoples?
No clue. Imagine being her boyfriend or s/o... damn, she sounds insufferable. But to be honest, there are dogs that are better than some people.

I try to do the same, and if wasn't for sherdog, i wouldn't know of her sjw rants

Mendelsohn has seemingly occupied that Oldman/Rickman(RIP) spot where he’s playing a heel every time out.

To be fair though, MCU has always had to deal with that issue. In a Winter Soldier, where Cap is on the lam and the story is a more contained one (though the stakes are still very high), you can understand The Avengers not assembling but when it comes to end of the world type shit- like Thor 2, you’re telling me Thor wouldn’t do everything in his power to get Stark, Banner, Cap and co. to help?

To be fair though, MCU has always had to deal with that issue. In a Winter Soldier, where Cap is on the lam and the story is a more contained one (though the stakes are still very high), you can understand The Avengers not assembling but when it comes to end of the world type shit- like Thor 2, you’re telling me Thor wouldn’t do everything in his power to get Stark, Banner, Cap and co. to help?
Thor kind of operates in that other realm so it kind of makes sense I guess. They better have a good explanation and tie in to Avengers 4, I would prefer she doesn't play a huge role but just a nice supplement. The amount of nerd rage that will occur if she just comes in and is OP and fucks Thanos up after all this build up will be extreme.

Because he had Hawkeye for all the previous battles. Now the Most Deadly Avenger has hung up his Bow, Fury has to call in the B Team;)
giphy.gif

That is something you just have to be able to 'give' in the comic book universes. Everytime the FF, Avengers, Xmen, and so many others dealt with a Planet or Universe ending threat it made no sense that they did not summon every other hero possible. They should have some type of InterGlobal Threat Alert system and Hero's from across the Cosmos should come running. HEck even occasional foes should come running like the reality warpers who don't want to be snapped out of existence.

But that is just not possible even in the CBU let alone the MCU where actors need to be paid and screen time is limited.

Thor kind of operates in that other realm so it kind of makes sense I guess. They better have a good explanation and tie in to Avengers 4, I would prefer she doesn't play a huge role but just a nice supplement. The amount of nerd rage that will occur if she just comes in and is OP and fucks Thanos up after all this build up will be extreme.

You’re absolutely right- though I don’t think they’d be that foolish. Remember- Feige and The Russos have come through time and time again. If we can’t go in with high expectations now, we never can.

Mendelsohn has seemingly occupied that Oldman/Rickman(RIP) spot where he’s playing a heel every time out.
Had to look up to see who that was. And yes, he is. And he must be a good actor, because everytime he plays an asshole bad guy, he's so convincing that i wanna overhand right him in the face Liddell style.

That is something you just have to be able to 'give' in the comic book universes. Everytime the FF, Avengers, Xmen, and so many others dealt with a Planet or Universe ending threat it made no sense that they did not summon every other hero possible. They should have some type of InterGlobal Threat Alert system and Hero's from across the Cosmos should come running. HEck even occasional foes should come running like the reality warpers who don't want to be snapped out of existence.

But that is just not possible even in the CBU let alone the MCU where actors need to be paid and screen time is limited.
It's real to me dammnit!

True, but I feel like you have to apply even comic logic to situations given the axioms provided. Sure suspend the disbelief, but keep it as consistent as possible, that's the only way to have a compelling narrative. Like maybe the hero is too proud or conceited to ask for help, or the telepath is having their abilities shielded, whatever.

The new trailer's out. I admit, I don't know too much about the new character (and I haven't seen Brie Larson in too many things) but this looks promising. Thoughts?

Also...
I am anticipating a series of Captain Marvel movies since this is a bit of a prequel, and Captain Marvel is apparently who Nick Fury calls at the end of Infinity War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back