CAPTAIN MARVEL v.2 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read the post below from someone in reddit who saw the extended trailer for Capt Marvel in Comic Con Brazil:
=====================================================================================
Captain marvel looks amazing! CCXP
renderTimingPixel.png

'Captain Marvel' Spoilers!spoiler
Ok! So I got the chance to go to CCXP and I met @captainmarvelnews he was great! And I saw the Captain marvel footage and the brie interview .

So they took our phones to make sure no one could record (typical marvel)

So I will say I apologize to brie Larson for doubting her acting and Carol . Those damn trailers do not do her justice and I honestly feel pissed about it. She’s very funny and charming, which is why I don’t get why the hell they cut those trailers the way they did. Movie is WAYYYY colorful then it looks in the trailers, Carol is not as serious and bland as the trailers portray her. She’s actually a smartass and reminded me of starlord maybe even Tony a little with the captain America emotional tie. Beautiful actress!! And a beautiful character!! You root for her and Brie hits all the emotional beats, her face acting is brilliant!. I’m never doubting Fiege again.

So 1. Yes Law is a mentor, there’s a training sequence too where they walk in and he instantly hits and knocks her down, smooth clean scene .. and she tries to control her temper as her hand glows (obviously about to wreck his shit) and he tells her she needs to learn to control her powers and temper ( brie and Jude have great chemistry and you feel her anger.)

That scene where the laser in her head? Yeah that’s the Skrulls . They’ve captured her and tied her hands up and are using the machine on her. “Her mind will tell us what we need.” Talos ( I think, he sounded like Ben) says. So they want some information out of her head. She wakes up as we saw in the other trailer. And she uses her strength ( she’s strong as fuck) to break out but can’t use her photon Blast because her hands are restricted by a machine. So she has to “do it the old school way.” And proceeds to kick Skrull ass, well choreographed fight as well. You can see the stunt double a little but they haven’t fully added Brie’s face digital yet but the scenes you see her clearly in she’s awesome.

A skrull tries to scare her by screaming at her, she screams back and smiles and punches him in the face ( it’s an excellent scene, funny and classic MCU. Brie is funny as well.) And gets the Machines off and blasts the ship to pieces before escaping in an escape pod.

Also she says higher further faster.

They showed skrulls changing, it’s mystique but more smooth? like but looks painful also you can see it. The skin sheds over and over until the new skin of formed. It’s cool.

Carol reminds me of starlord actually, she jokes a lot especially with Maria Rambue .

There’s also a top gun looking scene where Maria and Carol are joking and making fun and gossiping about their Air Force teammates (it’s very funny too, showing the typical MCU comedy.) And Maria and Carol Board their planes and Maria says “let’s show these boys how to do it!” - Great scene , showing sisterly love, feels real instead of like actors. Great job to brie and lashana!

Brie will be Carol just like Gal was Diana. Film will definitely receive rave reviews if this footage was anything to go off of.

But the movie looks awesome and emotional and can’t wait to see more!
=====================================================================================

Maybe her acting is not so "wooden" after all, we'll just have to watch to find out.. :D

So Captain Marvel actress is saying she did not sign for a large multi-film deal like other MCU actors like Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evan's, Scarlet Johansson and others the only ones who they said did not ever get tied to a huge 5 - 7 movie deal was Robert Downey Jr "Who's has made out big time because of that fact" and Samuel Jackson. So Brie Larson is saying she could be in a similar driving seat as Robert where she could after 2 or 3 pictures be back to negotiate for tons of money like Robert who is rumored for stand alone films making upwards of 50 million per picture? If she is already hinting that she wants to be in a similar situation as Robert who knows but could turn out greedy. It's possible that Captain America actor went back to get tons of money and well you know what is happening apparently in End Game? I am sure Disney brass figure Robert deserves the hundreds of millions they paid him over the last 10 years not including the first 2 films under "Paramount Pictures" before Disney acquired Marvel due to his strong showing in the first two films and the huge success he brought to the franchise. I'm just throwing this out there because I still worry about Brie Larson commitment to the series and I believe she is no Robert Downey Jr. who I believe is a one of a kind as far as MCU actors or actresses go.

I've just read the post below from someone in reddit who saw the extended trailer for Capt Marvel in Comic Con Brazil:
Captain marvel looks amazing! CCXP
renderTimingPixel.png

'Captain Marvel' Spoilers!spoiler
Ok! So I got the chance to go to CCXP and I met @captainmarvelnews he was great! And I saw the Captain marvel footage and the brie interview .

So they took our phones to make sure no one could record (typical marvel)

So I will say I apologize to brie Larson for doubting her acting and Carol . Those damn trailers do not do her justice and I honestly feel pissed about it. She’s very funny and charming, which is why I don’t get why the hell they cut those trailers the way they did. Movie is WAYYYY colorful then it looks in the trailers, Carol is not as serious and bland as the trailers portray her. She’s actually a smartass and reminded me of starlord maybe even Tony a little with the captain America emotional tie. Beautiful actress!! And a beautiful character!! You root for her and Brie hits all the emotional beats, her face acting is brilliant!. I’m never doubting Fiege again.

So 1. Yes Law is a mentor, there’s a training sequence too where they walk in and he instantly hits and knocks her down, smooth clean scene .. and she tries to control her temper as her hand glows (obviously about to wreck his shit) and he tells her she needs to learn to control her powers and temper ( brie and Jude have great chemistry and you feel her anger.)

That scene where the laser in her head? Yeah that’s the Skrulls . They’ve captured her and tied her hands up and are using the machine on her. “Her mind will tell us what we need.” Talos ( I think, he sounded like Ben) says. So they want some information out of her head. She wakes up as we saw in the other trailer. And she uses her strength ( she’s strong as fuck) to break out but can’t use her photon Blast because her hands are restricted by a machine. So she has to “do it the old school way.” And proceeds to kick Skrull ass, well choreographed fight as well. You can see the stunt double a little but they haven’t fully added Brie’s face digital yet but the scenes you see her clearly in she’s awesome.

A skrull tries to scare her by screaming at her, she screams back and smiles and punches him in the face ( it’s an excellent scene, funny and classic MCU. Brie is funny as well.) And gets the Machines off and blasts the ship to pieces before escaping in an escape pod.

Also she says higher further faster.

They showed skrulls changing, it’s mystique but more smooth? like but looks painful also you can see it. The skin sheds over and over until the new skin of formed. It’s cool.

Carol reminds me of starlord actually, she jokes a lot especially with Maria Rambue .

There’s also a top gun looking scene where Maria and Carol are joking and making fun and gossiping about their Air Force teammates (it’s very funny too, showing the typical MCU comedy.) And Maria and Carol Board their planes and Maria says “let’s show these boys how to do it!” - Great scene , showing sisterly love, feels real instead of like actors. Great job to brie and lashana!

Brie will be Carol just like Gal was Diana. Film will definitely receive rave reviews if this footage was anything to go off of.

But the movie looks awesome and emotional and can’t wait to see more!

Maybe her acting is not so "wooden" after all, we'll just have to watch to find out.. :D
Was this posted already? Probably in the Avengers thread.

My response is the same. Marvel wouldn't take a charismatic character and market them as bland and wooden in 2 trailers for a character casual fans know almost nothing about and dedicated fans are indifferent to.

Was this posted already? Probably in the Avengers thread.

My response is the same. Marvel wouldn't take a charismatic character and market them as bland and wooden in 2 trailers for a character casual fans know almost nothing about and dedicated fans are indifferent to.
i posted it here first, then on the avengers thread.

yeah i get what you mean. i find it bizarre as well that they'd release those trailers. but marvel seems to know their audience really well. They've been on a roll for 10yrs + and I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt that they have a reason for releasing the trailers that they did. and who knows, they might release another capt marvel trailer before it's release (same with end game)

I don't know what it is but these trailers just make the movie seem really boring with a bland protagonist. And I can't see why they would release boring trailers on purpose so I have to conclude the movie is going to suck. I really hope I'm wrong.

Update: September 18, 2018

First Trailer for CAPTAIN MARVEL Starring Brie Larson [Updated with 2nd Trailer]

Set in the 1990s, Marvel Studios’ “Captain Marvel” is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that follows the journey of Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes. While a galactic war between two alien races reaches Earth, Danvers finds herself and a small cadre of allies at the center of the maelstrom. Opens March 8, 2019

Link to previous thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/2969891/

Which one exactly is the second?

So Captain Marvel actress is saying she did not sign for a large multi-film deal like other MCU actors like Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evan's, Scarlet Johansson and others the only ones who they said did not ever get tied to a huge 5 - 7 movie deal was Robert Downey Jr "Who's has made out big time because of that fact" and Samuel Jackson. So Brie Larson is saying she could be in a similar driving seat as Robert where she could after 2 or 3 pictures be back to negotiate for tons of money like Robert who is rumored for stand alone films making upwards of 50 million per picture? If she is already hinting that she wants to be in a similar situation as Robert who knows but could turn out greedy. It's possible that Captain America actor went back to get tons of money and well you know what is happening apparently in End Game? I am sure Disney brass figure Robert deserves the hundreds of millions they paid him over the last 10 years not including the first 2 films under "Paramount Pictures" before Disney acquired Marvel due to his strong showing in the first two films and the huge success he brought to the franchise. I'm just throwing this out there because I still worry about Brie Larson commitment to the series and I believe she is no Robert Downey Jr. who I believe is a one of a kind as far as MCU actors or actresses go.

Kill her Off Then..
. Snap*

This film is going to suck so bad. It just looks awful. Can't marvel make something different for once?
Im guessing the main bad guy in this film, is going to be the usual. An evil version of the main character. That's all marvel ever do.

Special Look is better than the first trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back