Captain Placed On Administrative Leave After Making Statement About White Privilege

Why oh why indeed. It's almost as if the white supremacist systems embedded in those countries intentionally undereducated their populace to maintain their minority grip on power. I mean, it's almost like societies built on segregation leave the segregated as second class citizens which impact them when they manage to go independent.

I think i'm done with this conversation. You've insinuated everything from genetic inferiority to just pure incompetence, all while whitewashing the legacy of colonialism, separatism, and white supremacy on the continent as well as western countries. Even if I was genetically inferior, at least I have enough sense to know cause and effect.

Then we would expect the standard of living to be worse in SA than anywhere else, yes? Would expect to see Africans living at a better standard in Zimbabwe than Rhodesia, wouldn't we?

Not because of centuries of slavery, having their families ripped apart, being tortured, experimented on, having their neighborhoods firebombed, being denied education, equal employment, being incarcerated at higher rates for the same crimes other groups commit, disproportionately targeted by the police (and FBI during the Civil Rights era), the prison industrial complex, etc. None of that has anything to do with it. As soon as slavery was abolished everything immediately became equal and all the black people saying discrimination is still (oh I mean after the Civil Rights Act was passed) a problem and all the hard statistics that back that assertion up are all lies because black people in the US just want to play victim.

In all the years of US history we've elected one black president. Clearly there's no racism anymore. Well, maybe just a little, but only coming from the white supremacist groups we see on TV. Obviously we're living in a post racial society and none of the social and economic injustice and segregation that was the law of the land until 50 years ago has any bearing on the present.

And we've elected 0 Asian Americans. And jews have had it worse than anyone.

So why are these two so successful while blacks aren't? Why is there not a single country on this planet that is majority black and not 3rd world?

What blacks today faced anything you mentioned? They get special privileges today.

Maybe it's because their culture is a problem. Their victim mentality is a problem. Their lower IQs is a problem. There confrontational personalities is a problem. Their work ethic is a problem.

Maybe there's a reason for that? People operate off of heuristics and are pattern recognition animals.

Ofcourse, imagine for hundred of years that you and you people were treated less than a dog. Being beat, rape, killed and not allowed to be educated.

So family bonds were also destroyed for hundred of years due to slavery and mistreatment of a group of people because there color of there skin. (Maybe there is a separation issue of black fathers in families due to their fathers being stripped during slavery.)

Economically not being paid for hundred of years and not allowed to go to school put them behind their white counter parts.

Abuse from whites may have taught aggression over of hundred years to blacks .( some whites act like they don't know why they are aggressive.. really?)

There are systemic effects from slavery that still effect African Americans to this day. Same thing win native Americans.

So why are these two so successful while blacks aren't? Why is there not a single country on this planet that is majority black and not 3rd world?

What blacks today faced anything you mentioned? They get special privileges today.

Maybe it's because their culture is a problem. Their victim mentality is a problem. Their lower IQs is a problem. There confrontational personalities is a problem. Their work ethic is a problem.

This guy is an idiot. When you're people are deprived of simple education for hundred of years, I think is should be expected that they would be behind economically and educationally . You are a dummy lol.

Ofcourse, imagine for hundred of years that you and you people were treated less than a dog. Being beat, rape, killed and not allowed to be educated.

So family bonds were also destroyed for hundred of years due to slavery and mistreatment of a group of people because there color of there skin. (Maybe there is a separation issue of black fathers in families due to their fathers being stripped during slavery.)

Economically not being paid for hundred of years and not allowed to go to school put them behind their white counter parts.

Abuse from whites may have taught aggression over of hundred years to blacks .( some whites act like they don't know why they are aggressive.. really?)

There are systemic effects from slavery that still effect African Americans to this day. Same thing win native Americans.

Why is the living standard disparity present all over the world in countries that have histories nothing in common with the US then?

Why is the living standard disparity present all over the world in countries that have histories nothing in common with the US then?

Here we go with not holding accountability for how WE treat people in America. Was slavery horrible in America? Yes. Should we support any group of people mistreated in America period.

You must be Caucasian to just to overlook it like its no big deal that obviously there in a problem between minorities and white America.

Here we go with not holding accountability for how WE treat people in America. Was slavery horrible in America? Yes. Should we support any group of people mistreated in America period.

You must be Caucasian to just to overlook it like its no big deal that obviously there in a problem between minorities and white America.

You didn't answer my question. If African American's plight in the US is because of Caucasians, why are places like Haiti even more impoverished? Ethiopia? Liberia? Where are people of African descent living at a higher standard of living?

You didn't answer my question. If African American's plight in the US is because of Caucasians, why are places like Haiti even more impoverished? Ethiopia? Liberia? Where are people of African descent living at a higher standard of living?

You didn't answer my question either. Did slavery in America effect blacks negativity and perceptions by others yes or no?

Yes. Your turn.

There is deep resentment of African Americans towards Some white Americans due to slavery. They can't stand the dismiss of the treatment done to their ancestors for hundred of years which systemically effects some of the today.

I suppose other Africa countries don't feel the same resentment because the whites are not in control of their country.

White Privilege is a myth.

Lol @ the white knights in here for minorities championing this garbage.

This guy makes a lot of great points, but tipped toed around white privilege instead of accurately defining and addressing it.

Loling good at hand picking people to create sensationalism. That's not white privilege.

Fair enough. I'll tell you what I think.
First off, I think your premise that either something happened to cause this or blacks are just defective is a false dilemma. I believe that the current disadvantages faced by blacks in the US are absolutely not in any way a result of blacks being genetically or racially defective.

And while I do think some of those disadvantages are caused by the racism of other groups, particularly white Americans, I do not think this is the biggest reason any longer. In my opinion, the black community int he US, which is an admittedly poorly defined term, is suffering a severe cultural crisis, which can never be solved until it is admitted that many of the obstacles to success for young blacks, young black males especially from what I see, are cultural habits long established in the black community.

The undervaluing of hard work in the educational process, the glorification of criminal violence and gangs, the shocking lack of responsibility shown toward women and children by black fathers are all enough to ensure that black educational and financial success would be less than in groups like Asian-Americans where we see the opposite habits. (When I look at white Americans, I'd say a large minority adopt the low class values and are generally referred to by other whites as white trash, while most have what we broadly term middle class values.)

Many of the worst cultural issues afflicting the black community have substantially worsened since the end of Jim Crow. So while I think it is unfair to judge the black community without accounting for the structural racism that oppressed them for the bulk of their history in the US, I think it is also naive to fail to hold them accountable for their own problems. It seems many people feel that all black failure is easily explained by the attitudes of white people, while others point only to the cultural failings of the black community. I'm willing to look at both as two sides of one serious issue.

GS0jycj.gif

There is deep resentment of African Americans towards Some white Americans due to slavery. They can't stand the dismiss of the treatment done to their ancestors for hundred of years which systemically effects some of the today.

I suppose other Africa countries don't feel the same resentment because the whites are not in control of their country.

In the countries like Ethiopia where they're in control of their own governances, do they have a better living standard than a place like SA?

That seems more like your problem.

This guy is an idiot. When you're people are deprived of simple education for hundred of years, I think is should be expected that they would be behind economically and educationally . You are a dummy lol.

They're educated now... what difference does it make if their ancestors weren't educated?

Why aren't they thriving in Africa? Or Haiti?

Problem is that blacks are still fighting negative perceptions of them. They are mistreated the most out of all ethic groups in America, especially by law enforcement.
One of the problems with this sort of argument is that we hear day in and day out that cops are more likely to shoot unarmed blacks than unarmed whites and things like that. But the one study done on the subject didn't bear this out. It is a subjective reading of anecdotes, not a conclusion based on facts. I think racializing the issue of police brutality on dubious grounds has been a counterproductive result of the BLM movement. I think both whites and blacks could come together and decry an institutional culture of impunity in law enforcement.

Now one of the things we do know factually is that young black males commit crimes on a wildly disproportionate scale compared to other demographics. Is that related to after effects of racism or current racism? Maybe. I'm certainly open to the idea that it is. But to what extent? That out of control crime rate is a huge drain on urban black neighborhoods. But very few people want to look closely at this phenomenon. It's easier and more gratifying to blame whitey. The same holds true in an awful lot of other categories, including education.

One of the things I see happening is that there is a tendency for those who view cultural problems within the black community as a major part of the problem to dismiss any ideas that racism could be part of the issue. They already have their answer. And the "everything is white privilege" crew seem incredibly naive. Each side thinks they have things all figured out. But until we start looking at facts and trying to remove the emotionalism from at least some discussions of race problems, we aren't going to get anywhere.

More like we're tired of being demonized and used as an excuse for everyone else.

Lol and some of you guys don't use excuses ?

We weren't talking about me. We were talking about "white privilege". It's a term invented to promote the narrative that white people are co-conspirators in a system of oppression against non-whites. That non-whites can't succeed through hard work, discipline, and creativity but instead need liberals to use the power of government to achieve "justice" and carve out a "fair share".

It's how liberals keep control of their racial and sexual serfs and it's very dis-empowering for them. Liberals have done more harm to black people with their racial victim narratives and government based interventions than the KKK ever did. How many young fatherless black men have slaughtered each other because they were trapped in the soul killing hallucination of a racist America?

Back