car insurance

NoGoodNamesLeft

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
got quoted at 65 a month from geico on a 2006 accord (yes im poor). clean record, and im like almsot 40. this seems high, is this high?

Lol I'm almost 27, haven't had an accident or even a ticket since I was 18 and I pay 600 every 6 months

got quoted at 65 a month from geico on a 2006 accord (yes im poor). clean record, and im like almsot 40. this seems high, is this high?

What coverage? I have 2 vehicles, a 1999 and a 2006 covered at $500,000 liability and $500 deductible on comp and collision for $695/ year total.

I'd imagine a good chunk of the $65 is liability insurance.

I pay around £40 a month for my car (Fiat 500) and my bike (Harley 883 Iron), The bike is slightly more than the car but there’s not much in it. At current rates that’s about $55.

I fucked up when I was younger and got a shit ton of tickets. My insurance skyrocketed to crazy numbers. Its now been around 6 years since my last ticket and my insurance has gone down steadily. I was once paying upwards of $160 a month for basic coverage with a $1000 deductible but I am now down to $90 per month through USAA with their best coverage tier. $65 a month sounds pretty good if you are getting decent coverage.

I saw on the news when there were recent floods here, some car insurance doesn't cover flood damage screwing up the engine and interior.

I'd imagine a good chunk of the $65 is liability insurance.
This. As someone who works in insurance claims, 100klliability is the most prevalent limit of insurance I see on personal policies.

from what the guy told me its 25k per person, 50k per accident health, i dont remember the rest, but i havent had a ticket in like forever. and i told him i wanted the cheapest coverage possible. it was geico, should i check out another company maybe? if 65 is reasonable im wondering if i should get it.

It comes down to the coverage details. My advice is to shop around and do so every 1-3 years. When it's time to renew always compare with your original quote. Some agents/companies will give you teaser rates and then increase it significantly the next year.

This. As someone who works in insurance claims, 100klliability is the most prevalent limit of insurance I see on personal policies.

$100K isn't anywhere near enough. If you injure someone that won't cover much medical care. Cars these days can be over $50k. My liability is $500k because that is the minimum to go with the $2 million liability blanket policy.

I don't know where you live. Some areas have high accident rates. I found Geico, Progressive, Allstate and State Farm to have the highest prices. Somebody has to pay for all of that advertising. Check to see if Auto Owners is available in your state.

I honestly don't have a clue what I pay in car insurance but I'm sure it's way to much

I dont know I always ask for the quote for the entire year... recently these motherfuckers dont want to do the whole year they only do 6 months but I would never do monthly... you pay more on stupid financing charges like that

take the geico quote

after some time they will lower your rate month by month

They consider your age when charging you for car insurance in the U.S.?

W2Va.gif

They consider your age when charging you for car insurance in the U.S.?

Insurance works on statistics. They use collision statistics involving the age of the driver who caused it as well as the driving record of the person they are insuring.

People actually believe the television ads that claim they have the lowest rates. Doesn't anyone else think about how much all of those television ads cost? Who pays for those ads? The people who buy insurance from that company ultimately pay for those ads.

Reminds me of years ago when I was buying a car and the salesman took me on a tour of the new facility they had just built. After the tour, the salesman says "Doesn't that make you want to buy your car here?" I told him no because I don't want to pay for the fancy building.

Back