Car recommendations

used hyundai genesis (sedan), 300hp for under 15k. I had one, it was a good car

or look at the (newer the better) hyundai suvs. They have more bells and whistles than german luxury cars.

I recently bought a 2015 Buick Encore. I looked at a new 2018 but it had a touch screen. I liked the older version with the screen high on the dash better. he $10,000 lower price didn't hurt either. I only put 53,000 miles on my last car in 12 years and I have 10 years or 65,000 more miles of warranty on this one. It's a small car so not a lot of room in the back seat for adults because I have the driver's seat all the way back. I realized that I never had any people ride in the back seat of the car that I had for the last 12 years so it wasn't a consideration for me. They are available in front wheel drive or all wheel drive. It's a 1.4 liter turbocharged engine that doesn't seem to lack power.

07bb398ba15747398322a41dcfb2e46b.jpg

Toyota or Honda. Keep away of the American brands.

used hyundai genesis (sedan), 300hp for under 15k. I had one, it was a good car

or look at the (newer the better) hyundai suvs. They have more bells and whistles than german luxury cars.
Yeah looking at those I think. Like the santa fe and tuscon.

Ok Sherbros, my old ass car finally shit the bed and I'm now in the market for something new.
I had an older Expedition with 125k plus miles on it and my intake manifold just failed and now its leaking coolant. It's a 700 dollar fix and the car is maybe worth a grand.
Looking to get a small SUV or even a midsized sedan.
So what do you Sherbros drive and/or recommend.
I'm open to leasing or buying and am looking to keep payments under 300 a month.

You sure it's not just the gasket? Intake Manifold failing, that's some 100 shot of NOS blowing the welds on the intake, shit right there.

Honda Pilot. Tons of room, super reliable. May be bigger than you want though. Honda CRV?

In Europe, when someone says they don’t know what car to buy, the standard answer is a VW Golf. Desirable, good residual values, decent build quality & equipment levels, and a broad range of engines. I guess the US has a different set of base requirements, but in Europe, the Golf remains the car to beat, if you don’t know what else to get.

We're actually thinking about getting a Subaru Forester right now because I don't think I'm giving off a strong enough suburban lesbian family vibe.
Lesbian from New England outed.

Serial tho, I just typed "What State" and google has this as 2nd option: "what state drives the most subarus".

Four door Tacoma 4x4. Very dependable and durable with excellent resale. Versatile and goes damn near anywhere. The three hundred a month would depend on your trade and down payment though..
2016-toyota-tacoma-600-(3)-600-001.jpg

I've been driving mazda last few years

I had a CX-5 for a few years and it was very solid for a cheaper crossover SUV. I got the AWD for the winter and drove through a lot of shit here in the midwest and it was great.

I just got a Midsize Sedan - 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring.. leather, heated seats, good tech and a turbocharged engine for about 30k - I like it so far.

Ford Transit Connect, Cargo? 22 city / 29 highway
Thing has room for guns, a motorcycle, liquor and a bed for hookers!
1200px-Ford_Transit_Connect_1.6_TDCi_%28II%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_3._April_2015%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

2018-ford-transit-connect-cargo-van-7.png

Or you could get a CRV if you wanna look uppity!
2017-Honda-CR-V-Touring-AWD-front-three-quarters-e1504818650331.jpg

You sure it's not just the gasket? Intake Manifold failing, that's some 100 shot of NOS blowing the welds on the intake, shit right there.
It's possibly the gasket but still like 700 to have it replaced due to parts and labor.

Ford Transit Connect, Cargo? 22 city / 29 highway
Thing has room for guns, a motorcycle, liquor and a bed for hookers!
1200px-Ford_Transit_Connect_1.6_TDCi_%28II%29_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht%2C_3._April_2015%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

2018-ford-transit-connect-cargo-van-7.png

Or you could get a CRV if you wanna look uppity!
2017-Honda-CR-V-Touring-AWD-front-three-quarters-e1504818650331.jpg
I actually came here to recommend the full-size Ford Transit Passenger Wagon
cq5dam.web.768.768.jpeg

Sure, they don't look great from the outside. But that's not the point at all. You can totally gut one of these, throw a solar panel on top (essential for having a heating/cooling system so you can sleep comfortably at night, redo the inside, and really trick the thing out. Imagine never having to pay for a hotel, being able to take a trip every weekend (let's face it, if it takes 2+ hours to get somewhere, you aren't going to go there on the weekend unless it's a long weekend because you'd need to get a hotel or spend half the day in the car), and have a vehicle where you could pack kids in without them whining all the time. With this, they could sleep in the back, and if you get internet for your van, they can stream movies or TV in the back while you drive. If you don't have kids, you could even take trips while you work remotely. Just pack a few days worth of stuff, get a small fridge and microwave with a few pre-made things that you just need to heat up, and you're good to go. This is actually what I plan on doing myself, and I plan on taking it out on the road a few times per month. Here's a few pictures to show you what I'm talking about.

Native2Canyon_3.0.jpg

living-in-van-life-travel-photography-45-5a45ef897be09__700.jpg

outside-van-the-adventure-portal-16.jpg

c6ddfb7a16679d75711f2a140faba677.jpg

G0737658.jpg

@Protectandserve

Back