Caraway says tuf exposed rousey

Who didn't give them credit?

You are such a goofy troll. I was laughing at the sheer ignorance of omeone trying to pretend the UFC is not the big stage for WMMA and thinks the UFC hasn't broken major milestones repeatedly with mainstreaming it. Kudos for what these other women did. But thru no fault of their own, most people didn't know about it. The UFC means exposure.

How can you not understand that? Or is this still because you were trying to b.s. your way out of a blatant lie yesterday so now you want to feign ignorance to fight over obvious stuff?

What lie are you talking about? There is nothing left to discuss with you. You are ignorant on the subject matter.

Gina fought on the biggest stage on CBS. That is a fact.

I do not give the UFC any special treatment. It is after all just a promotion and private comapny. They didn't create wmma and they did not set wmma milestones. The history is done. The UFC came after the fact.

I bet you think Dana White invented mma as well?

What lie are you talking about? There is nothing left to discuss with you. You are ignorant on the subject matter.

I do not give the UFC any special treatment. It is after all just a promotion and private comapny. They didn't create wmma and they did not set wmma milestones. The history is done.

Why do you think every woman fighter has been saying it is their dream to get to the UFC and how fighters on TUF were lamenting the fact that they have had all these great battles that nobody has seen because it didn't take place in the UFC

But you are right about one thing. There is nothing left to discuss. If you don't get that the UFC is the big stage and can't see the milestones that have been broken by mainstreaming (do you know what that word even means) WMMA then I can't help you. It is hard to fix ignorant. It is nearly impossible to fix stupid.

Carrion

I do not give the UFC any special treatment. It is after all just a promotion and private comapny. They didn't create wmma and they did not set wmma milestones. The history is done. The UFC came after the fact.

I bet you think Dana White invented mma as well?
You know, I think there is an easy way to clear this up

If a black kid played baseball in the street with a few white guys a year before Jackie Robinson played in MLB, do you still think Jackie Robinson took part in a milestone? Or because it had already been done before, black players playing with white players, history on that was already done?

Now if this sounds like a really stupid thing to ask..it should. Hopefully that will tell you something about your logic since it is what you are essentially doing

You know, I think there is an easy way to clear this up

If a black kid played baseball in the street with a few white guys a year before Jackie Robinson played in MLB, do you still think Jackie Robinson took part in a milestone? Or because it had already been done before, black players playing with white players, history on that was already done?

Now if this sounds like a really stupid thing to ask..it should. Hopefully that will tell you something about your logic since it is what you are essentially doing

Yeah because playing baseball in the street is the same as Carano fighting on CBS
:icon_chee

Your attempt to make a point in pathetic. Miesha and Ronda are women and Bryan is a man. Do you condone violence against women?

Haha, you must have a vagina or something. Is that the first thing you cry about is this BULLSHIT about "violence against women"?

Ronda Rousey is the fucking UFC World Champion. Her fucking job is fighting. She's not some weakling, 80 lbs housewife getting her ass beat by some drunkard of a husband every night. MMA is a fucking sport with referees, corners to throw in the towel, doctors, ambulances, paramedics and all that shit waiting on standby....not your personal kitchen household where maybe this goes on every night or something.

Try to make an argument other playing this bullshit cards...

Here's what Rousey said first...which is why Caraway responded with him "knocking her teeth down her throat" if they ever fought.

"I can beat both her (Tate) and her boyfriend (Caraway) both in the SAME DAY..."

"which you know...he's (Caraway) like some AVERAGE to BELOW AVERAGE MMA guy...and I'm like the women's World Champion...like it would be expected that I'd be able to beat the average MMA guy my weight right? Is that such a (an) unbelievable thing to say? No..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksGYlQBFMXs

What did rousey do on the season to make everyone hate her?

I missed this one so need to ketchup

Thats the whole thing.......it makes no sense that she hates Meisha so much. And the weird thing is it seems she really hates her. Alot of fighters claim to hate each other to build up a fight. But with her it seems she's emotionally so involved with Meisha like Meisha beat up her mum or something. She just come across a bit nutty

As a Ronda fan, I think I can explain why she comes across like that. It's because she's effin' nuts. I like her and I love the intensity she brings into the cage, but there's something off about her. I hope it doesn't get in the way of her career down the line.

What did rousey do on the season to make everyone hate her?

I missed this one so need to ketchup

Daddy tomato, Mommy tomato and baby tomato are going for a walk. Baby tomato keeps lagging behind. Daddy tomato gets fed up, squishes him and says, "Ketchup!"

"Milestones are getting to be a normal thing"

:rolleyes:

To be fair, the interviewer lead her in that direction. It's all part of the media hype/promotion of the new WMMA division, anyway, so I don't blame her for it.

To be fair, the interviewer lead her in that direction. It's all part of the media hype/promotion of the new WMMA division, anyway, so I don't blame her for it.

Fair enough, I saw it different

Let's make a pact to all be nice during the next season of TUF. We'll make a rule that you can't say something negative about Frankie* or BJ without also saying something positive about them in the same post.

Whose with me?

*Frankie Edgar, not FrankieNYC. You can say whatever you want about FrankieNYC since he's here to defend himself. :)

Speaking of Bryan Caraway, dude hasn't fought since April due to TUF, you'd expect him to have a fight lined up very soon.

I'm guessing Wilson Reis or Yves Jabouin in Jan/Feb.

Let's make a pact to all be nice during the next season of TUF. We'll make a rule that you can't say something negative about Frankie* or BJ without also saying something positive about them in the same post.

Whose with me?

*Frankie Edgar, not FrankieNYC. You can say whatever you want about FrankieNYC since he's here to defend himself. :)

I like both fighters anyways, but I'm actually rooting for Penn. Can't explain why. Guess I just don't like how he's gone out, would like to see him finish his career with a big win over the guy that took him down off the top of the LW ladder. Wouldn't be mad though if Frankie won, hard not to like him.

Yeah because playing baseball in the street is the same as Carano fighting on CBS
:icon_chee
If you really think Elite XC is anywhere close to the UFC then you are just flat-out ignorant

And that has nothing to do with the point. If something comes first anywhere than it can't be a milestone right? That is what you guys are arguing

Edit: But if you want it to be a closer example, how about Bud Fowler then? He played 10 years of professional baseball in the minor leagues and before Jackie Robinson. So did Jackie Robinson not set a milestone for being the first black baseball player in MLB because someone else played in the minors first?

The UFC is the big leagues of MMA. And the milestones it sets are because it has mainstreamed the sport and gone international. But if you want to argue there is no difference between a televised fight for Elite XC and the UFC then go right ahead I guess

Last edited:
And not only he led her, instead of taking credit for it she downplayed it saying basically anything can be called a milestone. She also said the reason she does every interview asked of her is because she wants publicity for WMMA and all the woman fighters.

People just love to find ways to hate. Rhonda is a good self-promoter but she also has done a lot to promote the sport in general. A lot of people are benefiting from it. At one point White was dead-set against ever bringing women to the UFC. And granted I think he has kind of a thing for Rhonda but without her there probably isn't a women's division in the UFC. Even people that don't like her like Tate has been open about the fact that they have all benefited from Rhonda's success.

Rhonda can be nuts at times. But it's that same personality that also makes promotion easier. I am actually surprised more hasn't gone to her head all things considered. But I think that is part of the backlash. There has been sooo much media saturation that people have gotten sick of hearing about her. So then on top of it when she does crazy stuff, it just makes it that much easier for people to start looking at her negatively. I'd be surprised if people that were big fans of her going into the show did a 180. I bet its more people that were getting tired of her already anyway

If you really think Elite XC is anywhere close to the UFC then you are just flat-out ignorant

And that has nothing to do with the point. If something comes first anywhere than it can't be a milestone right? That is what you guys are arguing

i don't know whose on what side of the milestone argument. but milestones not only need to be the first of something, but also have some significance. if it was every time you were the first to do something not matter how insignificant it is it would need to be switched to a "foot stone" or an "inch stone"

ronda could come on to my local radio station and be the first female UFC champ to be on the station, but is it much a milestone? nope.

carano vs kedzie being the fight to be on cbs is a milestone for wmma.
ronda being the first female to headline a UFC is a milestone for wmma.
those are major things for wmma

but i wouldn't consider this season being co-ed and being coached by females much of a milestone. partially because tuf is pretty irrelevant at this point, and also because bigger things have already happened for wmma before a women's season of TUF.

would you consider pennington being the first openly gay fighter on tuf a milestone for the gay community? i wouldn't. they have already had a gay fighter in the UFC in carmouche. just because pennington was the first on tuf doesn't mean anything. carmouche even fought for the UFC belt as a co-main event. and even that was pretty irrelevant to the mma scene and the gay community.

(since i'm aware that a certain ronda WK can't read and i don't feel like teaching him how to read for another 20 posts, i'll point out that last sentence i was specifically talking about carmouche being gay is irrelevant so it's not much of a milestone for the gay community in mma imo)

And not only he led her, instead of taking credit for it she downplayed it saying basically anything can be called a milestone. She also said the reason she does every interview asked of her is because she wants publicity for WMMA and all the woman fighters.

People just love to find ways to hate. Rhonda is a good self-promoter but she also has done a lot to promote the sport in general. A lot of people are benefiting from it. At one point White was dead-set against ever bringing women to the UFC. And granted I think he has kind of a thing for Rhonda but without her there probably isn't a women's division in the UFC. Even people that don't like her like Tate has been open about the fact that they have all benefited from Rhonda's success.

Rhonda can be nuts at times. But it's that same personality that also makes promotion easier. I am actually surprised more hasn't gone to her head all things considered. But I think that is part of the backlash. There has been sooo much media saturation that people have gotten sick of hearing about her. So then on top of it when she does crazy stuff, it just makes it that much easier for people to start looking at her negatively. I'd be surprised if people that were big fans of her going into the show did a 180. I bet its more people that were getting tired of her already anyway

Or you could say that she was feeding into with a touch of false humility. Don't really care either way. But I am one of the people that did a 180 on her. I do still respect her in a lot of ways but I don't like her anymore.

i don't know whose on what side of the milestone argument. but milestones not only need to be the first of something, but also have some significance. if it was every time you were the first to do something not matter how insignificant it is it would need to be switched to a "foot stone" or an "inch stone"

ronda could come on to my local radio station and be the first female UFC champ to be on the station, but is it much a milestone? nope.

carano vs kedzie being the fight to be on cbs is a milestone for wmma.
ronda being the first female to headline a UFC is a milestone for wmma.
those are major things for wmma

but i wouldn't consider this season being co-ed and being coached by females much of a milestone. partially because tuf is pretty irrelevant at this point, and also because bigger things have already happened for wmma before a women's season of TUF.

would you consider pennington being the first openly gay fighter on tuf a milestone for the gay community? i wouldn't. they have already had a gay fighter in the UFC in carmouche. just because pennington was the first on tuf doesn't mean anything. carmouche even fought for the UFC belt as a co-main event. and even that was pretty irrelevant to the mma scene and the gay community.

(since i'm aware that a certain ronda WK can't read and i don't feel like teaching him how to read for another 20 posts, i'll point out that last sentence i was specifically talking about carmouche being gay is irrelevant so it's not much of a milestone for the gay community in mma imo)
Honestly I don't even know how it got onto what should be considered a milestone. But that is what people do when they can't support the argument they were making, they just change the subject. The original debate was someone implied Rhonda was being arrogant when she was asked about how she felt as setting a milestone for being the first woman coach on TUF. She basically tried to downplay it by saying even the interview they were doing could technically be considered a milestone so she didn't think milestones were a big deal as everything they do for the first time is being hailed as a milestone

I do agree that for something to be a milestone it should be more than just the first time. It should also have significance. So definitely Carano vs Kedzie was a milestone. But then people were arguing all the milestones have already been set well before Rhonda and WMMA in the UFC. That is just silly. The UFC is the big stage and as the sport as progressed and become mainstreamed and taken international there are all sorts of milestones being set due to the significance of the much larger scope.

Now do I agree with Rhonda saying being interviewed on that show would technically be a milestone? No. There was nothing very significant about it over other nationally televised interviews. But I think it is clear her intent was to try to minimize milestones instead of taking credit for setting them like the interviewer wanted to give her. I don't see how that is arrogant and that is what was first being argued with some who think it is

Back