Carla Esparza vs. Tatiana Suarez Targeted For UFC 228 in Dallas

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Carla signed and attempted to defend her title right? She's never had a title stripped before? She's not the most annoying "champ", that's Conor easily

"Title" she got by winning TUF, demanded to be treated the same as fighters that sere real champs, then lost the first non TUF fight in humiliating fashion.

If she could have squirmed into getting an easy fight she would have. I dont even like Conor but at least he is legitimately talented and is exciting to watch.

Not a Conor fan but when did he complain about something as stupid as "Matt Brown is bigger on the poster than me"

Or fight like a dollar store WWMA version of Jon Fitch?
You must be watching with your dome inserted in rectal cavity, Carla is a scrapper.

I agree about Esparza. I always think she looks so stiff with her striking but she finds a way to make it effective. I thought Claudia was going to run through her but it turned out to be very close.
The threat of the takedown aids so much with wrestlers attempting to strike. Gadelha was looking for the takedown all night and keeping her hands incredibly low. She was getting lit up.

Suarez absolutely fucking rag dolls Carla and gets another dominant win...
DdnOKR9VAAAVHs9.png

"Title" she got by winning TUF, demanded to be treated the same as fighters that sere real champs, then lost the first non TUF fight in humiliating fashion.

If she could have squirmed into getting an easy fight she would have. I dont even like Conor but at least he is legitimately talented and is exciting to watch.

So she attempted to defend her title? She didn't just sit on it and and call herself "champ", which is what I'm referring to?

I don't see anyone beating Suarez that's outside the top 3.

Mamou said:
Carla signed and attempted to defend her title right? She's never had a title stripped before? She's not the most annoying "champ", that's Conor easily

You are aware that Carla submitted rather easily the current Champ, right?
187_Carla_Esparza_vs_Rose_Namajunas_0_0.jpg

Suarez is gonna tower over Esparza. She is a mammoth of a strawweight and I'm stunned that she can actually make weight.

Mamou said:

You are aware that Carla submitted rather easily the current Champ, right?
View attachment 408173

So?

Takase easily submitted Anderson Silva, he must be a fantastic fighter.

You're eother white knighting or I found the only Esparza fan alive.

So she attempted to defend her title? She didn't just sit on it and and call herself "champ", which is what I'm referring to?

Holding up the divisions sucked,but blame the company for not stripping him. Most fighters would have made the same kind of decisions Conor did if they had the pull to make it happen.

thats a tough fight for Carla... she got leonard garcia'd in her last fight with clowjah...

"cmon guize dont boo carla "
<{Heymansnicker}>

Time for everyone to underestimate Carla as usual, only to be surprised when she either wins, or loses in a close SD.

How good is Tati’s standup, because Carla has been throwing good hands recently and the grappling may be closer than people think. Nice fight for sure!

We see Carla get out wrestled already anyone else can do it is going to Suarez. Carla need to keep it standing and test Suarez's stand up, we've never seen it before might be a good chance test it.

Passing the torch; one great wrestling-based SW to the next.

I don't know why people give Esparza grief; she fought Gadhela and now she's going to fight Suarez...so, she's down to fight anybody apparently.

Jarl

Cabo Carla not winning this, she's going to come in soft af.

Suarez should dominate and win by submission. Esparza often defies expectations. Looking forward to this one.

With this fight announcement hopefully that gets the ball rolling for the rest of the card

Dam I never liked Carla, but at the same time I don't like when people completely dismiss her skills. Unfortunately I don't really see a path for victory in this one. Suarez is like s bigger more aggressive and improved version of Esparza. Carla got a sweet double leg, but shes just to small and Tatiana is relentless.

Suarez is clearly worse at striking than Esparza.

Back