Carla Esparza War Wagon

As I've said I haven't been a fan of certain aspects of her attitude but she completely won me over as a fighter to the point that I was really cheering for her over Rose by the end of the first. Just such a smart and well executed performance. Toward the end of the second it really looked like Rose was done. Turtles up- fight would have been over there with ten more seconds.

What an outstanding performance. The 'point-fighter', 'not a finisher' and 'female Jon Fitch' brigade will be quiet now :)

I bet all the haters are in tears beause such a mean girl won the belt.

I think Sherdoggers hate the bubbly/cheerleader personality with that Cali girl accent. I happen to love that though. That made me cheer for her instantly. I like wrestling too, which is another reason. I love active wrestlers who pound people down.

Idk what Rose was thinking going into this fight, but that was a pretty bad game plan against a high-profile wrestler like Esparza. I mean, the TDs were going to be coming regardless, but Rose was doing a lot to give the TDs to Carla. It was kinda weird. Was she just that overconfident? Or did she underestimate Carla's wrestling?

Cookie_monster.jpg

Dat #1 seed status

Congrats to Carla she had a long road but won it and is still the SW to beat.

I expected Carla to win, even vs JoJo who I ultrahype because her pace is deadly.

I expected Carla to win, even vs JoJo who I ultrahype because her pace is deadly.

I'm guessing Carla would probably win against JoJo, but I don't think JoJo would be as easy to TD as Rose was for Carla tonight.

I'm guessing Carla would probably win against JoJo, but I don't think JoJo would be as easy to TD as Rose was for Carla tonight.

Yeah. Jojo is smarter and taller I think she could win vs Carla, specialyl if she fights like she did vs Katja

Carla was brilliant and deserves the belt... real question is, does it come with a matching purse?

Idk what Rose was thinking going into this fight, but that was a pretty bad game plan against a high-profile wrestler like Esparza. I mean, the TDs were going to be coming regardless, but Rose was doing a lot to give the TDs to Carla. It was kinda weird. Was she just that overconfident? Or did she underestimate Carla's wrestling?

Doubt she underestimated the wrestling. Probably knew Carla could take her down at will and figured it'd be best not to give a fuck and still go for it- pressure on the feet and then when the inevitable takedown came, go for the sub as she's very confident attacking from her back. If she underestimated anything it was Carla's top game which basically just sapped all her will. I'm sure she didn't think that Carla would be as competitive standing as she was too- Carla was really winning all of the close quarters exchanges with short punches and sneaky elbows.

Yeah. Jojo is smarter and taller I think she could win vs Carla, specialyl if she fights like she did vs Katja

Carla is too quick and does a great job at timing her take-downs. Carla will be Calderwood by submission.

What an outstanding performance. The 'point-fighter', 'not a finisher' and 'female Jon Fitch' brigade will be quiet now :)

There's a reason someone invented the term "shertarded", never forget that. WAR CARLA!!!

Back