Carlos Condit "I got mouths to feed, bills to pay and no backup plan"

Lol tell me how that works out for you. Go invest in some bitcoin while your at it, champ
Yea buying a home, renting it out, and having a constant source of income. That would never work, what was I thinking.

Yeah, I always thought big name fighters could make a decent living doing seminars, and teaching/training, or even opening up their own gyms.

Anyone know the inside scoop on how seminar gigs pay fighters?

And I'm glad Bendo invested in that Arizona gym, and he's a co owner. Hopefully he'll be well off with that.

James Te Huna came to our gym, was about $50 a head, turnout was about 50 people, our gym hosted it for free because it gave them an opportunity to get new people in, so ol' mate made about $2500 for 2 and a bit hours work, you do that 2-3 times a week that's between 260,000-390,000 a year

James Te Huna came to our gym, was about $50 a head, turnout was about 50 people, our gym hosted it for free because it gave them an opportunity to get new people in, so ol' mate made about $2500 for 2 and a bit hours work, you do that 2-3 times a week that's between 260,000-390,000 a year

Ok, why TF isntevery fighter doing this? That's almost like stealing money. That's like when those Jersey shore kids were making $50k - $200k for a club appearance.

the thread title is the case for probably at least 50% of the current fighters on the UFC roster

Carlos needs to talk his way into a fight with Connor somehow

I dont feel bad for him

He’s been fighting at a high level for years and years, getting bonuses left right and center, how hard is it to put money away ?!

He lives in fucking New Mexico, you can buy the biggest mansion in the state for 14 dollars

Its not like he’s into expensive cars, has done any type of traveling etc etc

Wtf is he spending his money on to not have any money left to live in a cheap ass place?

Because Condit is always a ruthless aggressor, even if it can cost him, like it did against D.Maia.

Sometimes he deviates from his diverse range striker-Style and delivers some new crazy, out-of-nowhere, impossible-to-defend strike.

If Condit becomes champ maybe there is a chance for Lawler vs Condit 2.
In their first fight they put on one of that years most entertaining fights, they traded blow after blow — head kicks, jumping knees, spinning strikes — two of the game’s most frightening unloaded everything in their arsenal to no fucking avail(there is no doubt in my humble opinion that both of them left a piece of themselves in the UFC cage that night.).

Compare that to Woodley vs Wonderboy 2 , and you kind of understand why I want Woodley gone from all title fights.

Who is excited for a Woodley fight at this moment?
Woodly was super exciting when he was kicking Condits ass the first time.

I understand where you are coming from. There should be some kind of pension plan for fighters.

That said, these guys really should consider saving money. According to this site, http://thesportsdaily.com/mma-manifesto/carlos-condit-career-earnings/, Condit has made $1,777,500 mill during his fight career, most of it coming later obviously. That's in 10 years, which isn't crazy much, but it's still about 4-5 the average wage in the same timespan. Who knows how much he's made outside the cage on top of that. Last year he made almost 400.000$ against Lawler (by far his biggest pay day).
What lots of people leave out of the equation is what he has to pay his camp, what he has to pay for health insurance (I don't think UFC offers that past fight night coverage), and taxes obviously.

Plus, most of that money was made in the most recent fights.

1. about 5-600 000 dollars a year if you add them all up.

2. What about taking a paus from the internet (especially places like Sherdog and Twitter because they will rewire your brain to place where you don't wanna be, there is no respect for contemplation or reflection there) maybe instead visit the library/bookstore read about history, Sociology and cultural geography?

Because you can't compare an american region (especially a Cosmopolitan region like NY) with a very old country in Europe when it comes to the fans and peoples loyalty/identification to/with their sport stars. Especially if you are the single one in the whole country, no one compares to gus in sweden when it comes to combat sports and level of fame, Badou Jack has a long way to reach Gus level, despite having better sport achievements than Gus. You would not have made the same comparsion with Conor and small Ireland.

I could have done without the pompous portion of your response - I asked a question with someone more familiar with the region. That is how we learn on discussion boards, by ... wait for it ... discussing. Don't be the uncouth jackass on the internet telling people to 'visit a library.' You don't want to be that guy.

In any event, if you are saying 500k USD, that most certainly isn't retirement money, and it puts your comment back into perspective. Small potatoes population and small potatoes money.

Yea buying a home, renting it out, and having a constant source of income. That would never work, what was I thinking.
Call me in forty years, when you've paid your mortgage and are starting to break back at more than zero. You should get into finances, you sound a prodigy.

In any event, if you are saying 500k USD, that most certainly isn't retirement money, and it puts your comment back into perspective. Small potatoes population and small potatoes money.

Income - Expenses = Savings

Savings + Growth Rate + Post Tax Rate = Your fund of money accumulated for retirement

If we where to put in the 500k USD at the end of every year in to a investment bank account and multiplie it with x (for the number of years) , with 5 precent intrest and include the capital return like we do in a simple geometric series in basic math/finance, it could be retirement money long term if placed/invested well (that is me assuming he and his team are not sophisticated investors) and also planning to retire in a place where it is fairly cheap to live, not in Manhattan, New york City, more like a small town in Sweden. Dude comes from humble beginnings and sometimes has the tendency keep living like that, like when he stays in a old used boat when he is training in San Diego, California. Or travel with the city Subway in the capital of Sweden, which finally had to stop because it took up too much time for him getting stopped by fans wanting to take selfies with him every minute and so on. He is very far from some "paycheck to paycheck dude", buying more liabilities as his earned income goes up.

Because other than all of the sponsors he also has his own company where he has an income from selling apparel (like T-shirts), gear and stuff like that mostly through a webshop (you kind find them in other stores too), apparently he makes plenty of money from that too, basically an asset that produce cash flow., the brand is big in Sweden (It is far from unique with him, both you and me know that several other fighters has done the same for decades).

He is also a investor of his money, among other in restaurants.

And when it comes to population in a country we also have to look at stuff like purchasing power, in sweden it is strong, Sweden is not Haiti, it is a pretty rich country with an average net salary $40,000 (annual).

Last edited:
no sympathy for him. Ruined the diaz fight and quit against Maia

UFC is not a good long term financial plan
That's pretty sad for a guy who has prob made north of $2,000,000 with 8 yrs in the ufc....

Love him as a fighter and he should have made twice as much but that's good money imo

Back