Carlos Cuadras vs. McWilliams Arroyo on Superfly 2, Feb. 24

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Former WBC junior bantamweight titleholder Carlos Cuadras will face McWilliams Arroyo on Feb. 24, it was announced Tuesday afternoon.
The 12 round bout will take place at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif. and will precede the main event bout between Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and Juan Francisco Estrada.

Both fight will air live on HBO (9:30 p.m. ET/ 6: 30 p.m. PT).

http://www.boxingscene.com/carlos-cuadras-vs-mcwilliams-arroyo-on-superfly-2-feb-24--123358

Pretty good fight. Cuadras seems to be slipping a it though.

Superfly cards are brilliant. Get some round robin stuff going and get exposure to those names and their relevancy around one another.

I hope they can keep this up. They turn in some very interesting matches and they are, in my opinion, doing more right things than other divisions (like welterweight these days).

Superfly cards are brilliant. Get some round robin stuff going and get exposure to those names and their relevancy around one another.

I hope they can keep this up. They turn in some very interesting matches and they are, in my opinion, doing more right things than other divisions (like welterweight these days).
They need to add in Rex Tso and Jerwin Ancajas and Inoue.

Actually, they should sell the Superfly series in Asia.

I don't think any of these super flyweight fights on HBO have failed to deliver over the last year or two, and this shouldn't be any different.

If this is the CO-MAIN then I'm disappointed. It also means either Ancajas or Inoue might not be on it. They could have had this as a 10-rounder.

Those divisions are already big in Asia. The idea is to get them popping in the US.

I guess Inoue fights too late this year to be back in february. Putting Ancajas in the mix would be excellent. That being said, both fights are already interesting. Sor Rungvisai vs Estrada has some huge potential.

Maybe it's already a hit there, so they are working on making it expand in North America which has a quiet tradition when it comes to ignoring smaller weight classes.

solid fight.

I guess Inoue fights too late this year to be back in february. Putting Ancajas in the mix would be excellent. That being said, both fights are already interesting. Sor Rungvisai vs Estrada has some huge potential.
My guess is we do see Inoue. Boyeaux is gonna be an easy paycheck on NYE, nothing more nothing less (Boyeaux isn't bad, and he's experienced, but he has mediocre power and seems to have little chance to rock the boat). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Inoue is focusing more on his Superfly opponent than on Boyeaux. That may not be the best thing to get into the habit of, but it's not totally ununderstandable. I've heard a few names floated around. Yafai seems to want no part of Inoue, but names that were thrown out there include Viloria, Raush'ee, and Jonas Sultan who are all pretty good fighters. We'll get Ancajas if we're lucky. Maybe even Chocolatito if they feel like sacrificing him to build up Inoue (edit: apparently there are no plans for Roman to be on this card, so that's out of the running).

Inoue plans to move to 118 fairly soon, so he'd better do the body of work he wants to a 115 soon.

Last edited:
that's a weak co-main event
obviously they're having problems finding monster inoue a good opponent,

yafai/eddie hearn passing up on inoue (runnin..)
&
ancajas opting to take a different fight

inoue already said he's ready to fight on this card
news says if he can't get an opponent at his own wgt, he'll move up
hopefully we see him here

that's a weak co-main event
obviously they're having problems finding monster inoue a good opponent,

yafai/eddie hearn passing up on inoue (runnin..)
&
ancajas opting to take a different fight

inoue already said he's ready to fight on this card
news says if he can't get an opponent at his own wgt, he'll move up
hopefully we see him here

Its been confirmed Ancajas has a fight on February 2. Ancajas vs Gonzalez on ESPN.

So that means Superfly 2 is officially a dud! Why not just call it Srisaket vs Estrada. What's the point behind "Superfly 2" with a weak ass card compared to the first event. Looks like Loeffer didn't even try to make it happen.

Its been confirmed Ancajas has a fight on February 2. Ancajas vs Gonzalez on ESPN.

So that means Superfly 2 is officially a dud! Why not just call it Srisaket vs Estrada. What's the point behind "Superfly 2" with a weak ass card compared to the first event. Looks like Loeffer didn't even try to make it happen.

if they don't find a good oponent soon/ maybe a wgt class above for inoue
then yes it will be only 1 big fight

if they don't find a good oponent soon/ maybe a wgt class above for inoue
then yes it will be only 1 big fight

Nah, I don't think either of them are showing up for Superfly.
There's a small chance Inoue might do it but it'll probably be another squash match.

https://www.ringtv.com/525444-brian...e-vacant-wba-flyweight-title-superfly-2-card/

Viloria vs Dalakian in the works. Not a Superflyweight fight, but decent.

also, apparently Ancajas wants to face Cuadras (https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/boxing-mma/192312-next-pacquiao-first-jerwin-ancajas) so, after this Israel Gonzalez guy, hopefully he faces Cuadras then steps up to face Inoue (my guess is Inoue takes one more opponent on, probably better, but not gamechanging; probably Warren, Viloria, Sultan, Arroyo or Yafai/Choco if we're lucky).

Last edited:
https://www.ringtv.com/525444-brian...e-vacant-wba-flyweight-title-superfly-2-card/

Viloria vs Dalakian in the works. Not a Superflyweight fight, but decent.

also, apparently Ancajas wants to face Cuadras (https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/boxing-mma/192312-next-pacquiao-first-jerwin-ancajas) so, after this Israel Gonzalez guy, hopefully he faces Cuadras then steps up to face Inoue (my guess is Inoue takes one more opponent on, probably better, but not gamechanging; probably Warren, Viloria, Sultan, Arroyo or Yafai/Choco if we're lucky).

Ancajas fought 3 bums in his last 4 fights (incl. the upcoming Feb bout). Now he wants to fight a guy who lost 2 in his last 3? Why not fight the guys that actually beat him. They're all willing to bang, bro.

Ancajas fought 3 bums in his last 4 fights (incl. the upcoming Feb bout). Now he wants to fight a guy who lost 2 in his last 3? Why not fight the guys that actually beat him. They're all willing to bang, bro.
cuadras is still a significant step up, he's a good testing ground for ancajas

cuadras is still a significant step up, he's a good testing ground for ancajas

Ancajas is a 'champion' who's fighting like a mid-ranked prospect. 3 fights in and you just trying to "step up"? Was a fan of this kid coming in, now not so much. Ducking fellow champs and contenders, but begging for their leftovers.

I'm hearing Inoue might move up, all the other champs ducked him. That december bout might just be his last. If this Ancajas guy doesn't take that Inoue fight for sometime next year, he's not worth a look anymore. Because it'll be obvious he's going to beat up cherry-picks for the rest of his division career.

6 fight deal with arum
ancajas will be made to look good for 2 years or so..
vs weaker opponents

Back