Carnal's treatise on heavy Iron

I've been pretty good Crowder man. Finally getting back into lifting and still find this the best place to keep a log. Wandered over from the logs one day and stumbled on Carnal's treatise. Read nearly the whole thing and then you doods showed up. :)

I've been pretty good Crowder man. Finally getting back into lifting and still find this the best place to keep a log. Wandered over from the logs one day and stumbled on Carnal's treatise. Read nearly the whole thing and then you doods showed up. :)

Nice. I wonder if Carnal is still around or even lifts anymore.

Dang, it is getting old school in here.

Bry

A wild ghostwipe appears.

This was the first thing I read in the S&P before I actually started lifting.

This was the first thing I read in the S&P before I actually started lifting.

Ditto, this post brings me way back to the good old times. I wonder what CarnalSalvation and Urban are up to these days. I owe them a huge debt of gratitude for getting me into powerlifting.

Edit: Holy crap. I remember the first I did after reading this was to run to the grocery store and stock up on cans of corned beef hash. Good times.

I didn't have quite the same start, but yeah, this bit of insight really helped me get motivated, if anything.

I was doing dumb shit in the gym, posted my routine, got flamed, got stronger.

Been there. Except I was too chickenshit to post my routine. We've gone a long way...

Been there. Except I was too chickenshit to post my routine. We've gone a long way...

My situation started in conversation in the SnP. I was asking about something, then ended up posting my program. I also referred to a hang clean as an upper body movement, which set-off alarm bells for Legio to rape me with the flame sword. I took that as a fuck you, get out of here until you're ready to get strong... Read the FAQs, Carnal's Treatise and the rest is history.

My situation started in conversation in the SnP. I was asking about something, then ended up posting my program. I also referred to a hang clean as an upper body movement, which set-off alarm bells for Legio to rape me with the flame sword. I took that as a fuck you, get out of here until you're ready to get strong... Read the FAQs, Carnal's Treatise and the rest is history.

Lmao, if I could think of all the stupid perceptions about strength training I had 8 years ago and had shared them with the folks around here, I would have been driven away with pitchforks and be told to never come back.

And the thing is, I'm still learning new things about the iron game everyday so I think it's a good thing to keep an open mind and never be dead set on a certain aspect of training. The more I learn about it, the more I realize that I know too little.

Umm corned beef n hash in a can. Nothing beats that shit. Especially when your drunk.

When I was a poor college student, struggling to make ends meet, all I ate were those goddamn ed corn beef hash, Spam, Vienna Sausages, and McDonald's double cheeseburgers sans buns. After eating the same thing over and over again, eating food became a chore and not pleasurable anymore. Great times.

When I was a poor college student, struggling to make ends meet, all I ate were those goddamn ed corn beef hash, Spam, Vienna Sausages, and McDonald's double cheeseburgers sans buns. After eating the same thing over and over again, eating food became a chore and not pleasurable anymore. Great times.

I wasn't a fan of Spam until I I started working with a Hawaiian dude. Life changing Spam since then.

No homo lol.

Back