Cassette Tapes

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was in Target the other day, and I saw brand new cassette tapes for sale. I don't think I have seen cassette tapes for sale in over 20 years. I was tempted to buy one just for nostalgia, but I haven't owned a cassette tape player since 1998. Unbelievable.

2jetfz8.jpg

That is the only proper way to listen to Nightrain and Sweet Child o' Mine.

Obviously hipsters have demanded their return, so they can play music in their beat up Kombi.

Oh, so you prefer CD's?

Well CD's nutz

Britney cassette would be very tempting. But lol at paying $12. Although that’s probably how much they are online with shipping, so ehhh.

I do still have a bag of cassette tapes. Def leopard, meatloaf, AC/DC, and whatever else idk. It’s packed away somewhere ):

I not only have a lot of CDs in boxes but about 200 LPs from yesteryear.
Never play em, who has a 'turntable' these days?
srsly

Just checked, on eBay and Amazon a Britney cassette ranges from $20-$47. Without shipping included. Rustled.

What the fuck $12 for a piece of shit casette...I get the nostalgia factor for vinyl but this shit?

My memory of casettes is my favourite ones always getting destroyed eventually. When the ipod came out it was the shit.

Recently dug through all my old cassettes, some as old as 1987, and most were not listenable. I had stored them all in a playmate cooler and expected the best. What little sounds i could hear reminded me of a silly little mexican girl that stole my heart....i threw them all out. Evidently, you can get that online now.

Back