Cassette Tapes

Laserdisc or GTFO!

get_image.php

bill-murray-laserdisc.jpg
There was even a HD LD

Last edited:
lmao at $10 hehehe when spotify is like $2 -3 a month hehehe

The mini discs were a victim of bad timing. They were way more convenient than regular CD's, but by then everyone had just starting investing in regular CD's and were not about to change direction and start investing in a whole new format.

I think they failed do to Mp3 players.

Besides no one had had a problem investing in Blu-Rays even though DVDs have been around longer
so i'm sure it would been the same with MDs

That is the only proper way to listen to Nightrain and Sweet Child o' Mine.
I had that tape back in the late 80s. Shit makes me feel old thinking about it.

I think I still have my original Appetite of Destruction cassette from 1987 or 88. Who knows how many times that has been played.

I had a roommate in college who had it on vinyl - LOL.

Nostalgia overload!

I had a roommate in college who had it on vinyl - LOL.
Did he have the banned cover version? Those records are worth a lot now with the naked girl cartoon drawing on it.

Crazy how hipsters are keeping vinyl alive these days. My gf actually has a record player and some vinyl too.

I wonder how long before people start saying how much this miss cable TV.

Did he have the banned cover version? Those records are worth a lot now with the naked girl cartoon drawing on it.

Nope. That pic is inside the CD cover insert.

GnR are pretty much my favorite band. THe quirky thing is that I saw them open for The Cult in 1987 and they were terrible. I was like, "who are these clowns?". 18 month later I'm a huge fan.

i have a box full of cassette tapes in my closet. i remember recording over cassette tapes of artists that i didn't like or tapes that i bought that i thought would be good, but weren't.
i probably also have a bunch of cassette tapes of songs recorded off the radio. it was always a challenge to do so, most of the songs are probably missing the first few seconds as i scrambled to hit the record button when it came on.

i have a box full of cassette tapes in my closet. i remember recording over cassette tapes of artists that i didn't like or tapes that i bought that i thought would be good, but weren't.
i probably also have a bunch of cassette tapes of songs recorded off the radio. it was always a challenge to do so, most of the songs are probably missing the first few seconds as i scrambled to hit the record button when it came on.

I use to do the same thing. I had quite a few cassettes I recorded off the radio I'll have to admit I miss them
a little bit.

My god, those prices. They're hoping grandma and grandpa come along "Oh look dearie! Finally new cassettes for our player!"

<{walkerwhut}> Why expose yourself as poor though...

That's twice the price of a brand new cassette though. They are still used today as the main media for some underground black metal albums, especially bands from Eastern Europe. I once paid 20 euros for a cassette, but it was a really rare black metal album that wasn't available in any other format outside MP3 copies. Paying 12 bucks for a mainstream album on cassette is crazy.

Someone is selling their homemade mixtapes inside Target for 11 dollars?
Was this stand actually operated by Target or was it a kiosk rented out to a stupid hipster to ply their wares?

It's actually the Gardians of the Galaxy OST, whose packaging matches the cassettes in the movies.

Crazy that twenty years ago a good tape deck might cost over $200 (with Dolby B,C, and HXpro)!
And today you can get a new BlueRay for $40.

W-1200-B_front_R640x320.png

m96jjd.jpg

That's twice the price of a brand new cassette though. They are still used today as the main media for some underground black metal albums, especially bands from Eastern Europe. I once paid 20 euros for a cassette, but it was a really rare black metal album that wasn't available in any other format outside MP3 copies. Paying 12 bucks for a mainstream album on cassette is crazy.

It's actually the Gardians of the Galaxy OST, whose packaging matches the cassettes in the movies.

<DirkMavs> Lol, another teenage Sherbrah crying over $12 !!

12$ is not a lot of money to us adults. And I would rather have Vinyl in terms of outdated media.

I remember paying 17 or more dollars for CD's back in their heyday.

12$ !! Lol . Start paying child support and get some real financial problems.

Back