Cassette Tapes

Britney cassette would be very tempting. But lol at paying $12. Although that’s probably how much they are online with shipping, so ehhh.

I do still have a bag of cassette tapes. Def leopard, meatloaf, AC/DC, and whatever else idk. It’s packed away somewhere ):

My garage radio I’ve had forever has dual cassette decks, and I have a big stack of cassettes next to it.

They are all old as f.

m96jjd.jpg

I remember these!

<Arya01> AWESOME SOUND AND GREAT TUNES, MY DOOD !!

I not only have a lot of CDs in boxes but about 200 LPs from yesteryear.
Never play em, who has a 'turntable' these days?
srsly
I rock a turntable almost exclusively, you can ship your albums to me bro.

Going to target to get a new Appetite
BRB

Seems like a cool idea until you have to rewind or switch sides.

Crazy how hipsters are keeping vinyl alive these days. My gf actually has a record player and some vinyl too.
It’s not all hipsters.

I switched over to combat my digital music problem. I listen to the first 10 seconds of whatever and my attention span is shit so I just skip skip skip skip.

Going to vinyl has done wonders. I have to sit and listen to a whole album. I don’t really have to, I could still skip, but it’s way more of a chore.

Anyway, I’m definitely not a hipster, no beard or anything. Totally digging vinyl and vintage stereo equipment though.

Nope. That pic is inside the CD cover insert.

GnR are pretty much my favorite band. THe quirky thing is that I saw them open for The Cult in 1987 and they were terrible. I was like, "who are these clowns?". 18 month later I'm a huge fan.
Fat Axel and crew just had a concert out here in the Philippinians a couple days back. They seriously should provide oxygen tanks back stage for Axl in-between songs.

It’s not all hipsters.

I switched over to combat my digital music problem. I listen to the first 10 seconds of whatever and my attention span is shit so I just skip skip skip skip.

Going to vinyl has done wonders. I have to sit and listen to a whole album. I don’t really have to, I could still skip, but it’s way more of a chore.

Anyway, I’m definitely not a hipster, no beard or anything. Totally digging vinyl and vintage stereo equipment though.
Don't get me wrong I've always liked the grungy quality of vinyl... especially because I love classic rock and newer bands that have more of that style. It just sounds cool on vinyl. I still it's amazing that the oldest music medium is still relevant whereas tapes and cd's are pretty much dead.

m96jjd.jpg

<DirkMavs> Lol, another teenage Sherbrah crying over $12 !!

12$ is not a lot of money to us adults. And I would rather have Vinyl in terms of outdated media.

I remember paying 17 or more dollars for CD's back in their heyday.

12$ !! Lol . Start paying child support and get some real financial problems.

LOL, I just said I was ok paying twice as much for the right album. Of course I can spend 12 bucks, doesn't mean I'll do it for something that is very obviously barely worth half that price.

Used to rock 8 tracks on my mother’s hifi system as we did our weekend house cleaning. Good fucking times. Kinda looked like one of these bad boys, but with an 8 track included.
View attachment 470785

My mom had something similar. And some pretty cool records (Kiss, Buddy Holly, Queen, Dave Clark Five, etc.)

First records I ever bought was Sugar Hill Gang and AC/DC. First cassette I ever bought was Def Lep Pyromania and Phil Collins no Jacket Required. First CD I ever bought was Kiss Crazy Nights, and Stryper Soldiers Under Command.
I paid 7.99 for cassettes at the Wiz, and 13.99 for CDs at Tower. I don’t remember how much full records were, but 45s were a buck.

Don't get me wrong I've always liked the grungy quality of vinyl... especially because I love classic rock and newer bands that have more of that style. It just sounds cool on vinyl. I still it's amazing that the oldest music medium is still relevant whereas tapes and cd's are pretty much dead.
The other major motivation for my love of vinyl is that I’m old fashioned when it comes to money. The concept of “buying” a digital album is beyond me. If I spend money on music, it’s got to be tangible. I can’t lose the album I “bought” because I don’t have WiFi or something.

I still have my Walkman. BoneThugs was the very first cassette tape I ever owned. Good times

Someone is selling their homemade mixtapes inside Target for 11 dollars?

No. Those are the Guardians of the Galaxy I & II film soundtracks.

Was this stand actually operated by Target or was it a kiosk rented out to a stupid hipster to ply their wares?

On sale by Target.

I was in there again today, and they had VHS tapes on the shelves (including Bloodsport and Rocky). A big part of me wanted to buy, but there is just no good reason to do it.

Last edited:
I predict CDs will make a big comeback within 10 years. There was really no reason for them to go out of favor outside of price and lack of convenience.

Other formats which have come and gone over the years, it was always because something with better quality came out. Digital (other than FLAC) is not better quality than CD. People gave up quality in favor of convenience.

CD's died because kids today are just buying all their music from iTunes or Google Play. Our society is becoming more digital, and I am skeptical that CD's will ever make a comeback, but I would love to see that. Youngins just don't know the joy of being able to browse through thousands of albums.

I think they failed do to Mp3 players.

Why? CD's existed long after mini-CD's failed.

Besides no one had had a problem investing in Blu-Rays even though DVDs have been around longer so i'm sure it would been the same with MDs

You missed my point. If Blu-Rays had come out sooner after DVD's came out, Blu-Rays would have been less likely to succeed because people already invested money in upgrading their movie library to DVD's, they probably wouldn't be willing to do it all over again so soon.

My mom had something similar. And some pretty cool records (Kiss, Buddy Holly, Queen, Dave Clark Five, etc.)

Yeah, Moms was more a top 40’s lady, but I remember playing the Eagles, Blondie, The Who, Styx, and others.
upload_2018-11-14_18-44-12.jpeg

IDK what happened to my cassette tapes...maybe I tossed them

Only ones I kept were Bobby D's mixes and the Str8 up gangsta shit mixes I bought from Just Dance back in the day.

#Chicago

I get vinyl because it sounds different and depending on how it was recorded or your tastes, better than digital/CDs. Cassettes however were only popular because they were cheap, convenient and portable. There's zero reason for them to exist in 2018 other than for hipsters to get off on it being retro.

Back