Castlevania SoTN and Rondo of Blood coming to PS4!!!!!!

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OMG it's happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oct 26th. Article says 20 Euros so I don't know if that will be $20 or $40.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood-c/1100-6462051/

"Konami has announced Castlevania Requiem, a new bundle that brings two of the best entries in the series to PlayStation 4. Releasing exclusively for Sony's console on October 26, Castlevania Requiem will have Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood in one package. In Europe, the bundle will be available for €19.99, and Konami has said pricing details in other territories will be revealed soon.

"Both games are the originals emulated for the PlayStation 4, with several updates that take advantage of the new hardware," Sony says on the PlayStation Blog. "This includes 4K/1080p upscaling, multiple high resolution backgrounds, different rendering options such as smoothing and full Trophy support." Requiem will also utilize the DualShock 4's analogue stick for movement and the speaker to play sounds when you pick up an item."

GameSpot asked Konami about Castlevania Requiem's exclusivity and whether it was for a certain period. In a statement, a representative for the company said that, "as it stands, there are no plans to bring Requiem to other platforms--[Requiem] is a PS4 exclusive."

I wish I was excited but I bought the original Rondo of Blood PC Engine version a few years ago. I also bought about 5 copies of SOTN since release.

Those who haven't played Rondo before are in for a treat. Such a great game.

Which version of SOTN? It better have the original voice acting from PS1.
Rondo already had an excellent remake on PSP.

SoTN is the only Castlevania that I ever bothered to beat. I hardly remember the game though, so I could see replaying it.

Was rondo of blood the one called Dracula x or something weird when it first came to America?

SOTN is one of my all time favorite games. I also enjoyed all those ones that came out on the DS like ten years ago. It’s funny I was actually fooling around on SOTN like a week ago on the Xbox thinking about replaying it

No. Any difference from the pc engine version, besides the language?
2.5D graphics. It also has the original. Give it a shot on PPSSPP if you don't have a PSP.
It also has SOTN which you unlock after beating the game.

157210-Castlevania_-_The_Dracula_X_Chronicles_(USA)-2.jpg

Was rondo of blood the one called Dracula x or something weird when it first came to America?
Yep, the precursor to SOTN. The one that came to the US though (Dracula X on SNES) sucked in comparison.

I can't wait to finally play Rondo. Going to start with 1 and work to get ready. Awesome fucking news!!

wtf? why? especially for those prices.

and upscaled to 4k? ...umm... sweet, now it can look like garbage!

I wish they would make another multiplayer Castlevania like Harmony of Despair

2.5D graphics. It also has the original. Give it a shot on PPSSPP if you don't have a PSP.
It also has SOTN which you unlock after beating the game.

157210-Castlevania_-_The_Dracula_X_Chronicles_(USA)-2.jpg
Plus a kick ass third form for the Dracula fight. Make's it one of the best boss fights in the entire series, IMHO.

Never played Rondo of Blood.

Pretty hyped, it's $15 with PS+, I'm fine paying that.

I'm excited for this, SotN is one of my favorite Castlevania games ever, and up there on my all time list. Never played RoB so I'm looking forward to playing it.

Wish they released the other games as well. Even the 3D ones, I actually liked Lament of Innocence quite a lot.

SOTN is one of my favorite games ever so I will gladly fork over money for this.

I feel like like ive bought SOTN at least 10 separate times...

Ffs, just make another 2d castlevania like that on a newer console. It would sell.

How so? Is Dracula X not actually Rondo of Blood?
It is but it isn't. The changed things (for the worse) and took out a lot of stuff (for the worse).

I wish they would make another multiplayer Castlevania like Harmony of Despair
I plyed that game a lot when it came out. It was decent. It could have been great though if they had put more effort into it. As it was, it kind of felt like it was unpolished

Back