Catch wrestling techniques not often seen in BJJ no-gi

so you are saying Joel Bane is fake also?
i guess he should rename his art to submission wrestling instead of catch wrestling

anyway from his vid seems he is legit and know what he talking about
They might answer you from 2 years ago, but most likely who cares.

Catch already owned BJJ years ago by forcing them to ditch the kimono, learn leg locks and create a 'new' sport called nogi.

@danthewolfman was already banned bro, and we don't need another one

Catch already owned BJJ years ago by forcing them to ditch the kimono, learn leg locks and create a 'new' sport called nogi.
You're out of your mind lol
No gi is as different from catch as bjj is from judo. When was the first ADCC? Probably before you started eye poking bean bags. What "catch" wrestler has won ADCC?

You're out of your mind lol
No gi is as different from catch as bjj is from judo. When was the first ADCC? Probably before you started eye poking bean bags. What "catch" wrestler has won ADCC?
Really? I don't think so...
Catch means 'catch as catch can' ie submission wrestling. Tweak and rules to get rid of pins and the throwing emphasis for seeking top position, and you have the basis for nogi.
Nogi is about right in the middle as a derivative of Catch and of BJJ.

Catch means 'catch as catch can' ie submission wrestling. Tweak and rules to get rid of pins and the throwing emphasis for seeking top position, and you have the basis for nogi.
Jiujiteiros have been training with and without the gi from the beginning.

Train in the gi. Jiu-jitsu. Take off the gi. No-gi jiu-jitsu.
What would you consider judo when they had those short sleeve gis?

I prefer your new avatar, BTW.

Jiujiteiros have been training with and without the gi from the beginning.
Where is the evidence of this?
Jiu Jitsu aka Brazilian Judo was always trained in the gi.

I think you are confusing it with Luta Livre, which again is much closer to nogi than BJJ. The Gracies actually had pride in the gi and separating themselves from Luta Livre

Train in the gi. Jiu-jitsu. Take off the gi. No-gi jiu-jitsu.
What would you consider judo when they had those short sleeve gis?

I prefer your new avatar, BTW.

Take off the gi, you have a different sport and it becomes Catch/Luta Livra, even relying heavily on techniques of these style which is no surprise.

For my AV, yes 20 years in time for a change

Last edited:
Back